BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Lesbian Love Stories

Bayou Justice New Part 1/27
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
joanie

What can I say. Great story again keeping me at edge of seat. Still looking forward to the journey you will bring us on.
J

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:37 am 
Allison

Thanks J. There will still be a twist or two ahead. Glad you are enjoying the read and thanks for the post!

Alli

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:48 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Allison

Part Seven

PART SEVEN

Kara walked outside into the bright sunlight as she heard the blare of the sirens moving closer. She had no idea how many days had passed since she was abducted and was suffering from a severe case of disorientation. Kara’s body crumpled when she saw the ambulance approach, followed closely by an unmarked police cruiser.

The Emergency Medical staff helped Kara onto a stretcher and gave her a close examination before they would allow Detective Brody to approach.

“How are you feeling?” he asked as he took her hand.

“A bit worn, but safe and ready to go home,” Kara answered. “I suppose my release means that the Bellfontaine’s got to Logan before he could testify,” she said.

Brody sighed deeply. “Unfortunately, Logan slipped away from the protection detail only hours before he was scheduled on the witness stand,” Brody said. “It is still unsure how it happened or why he suddenly felt the need to leave protective custody, but his body was found early this morning.”

Kara had tears in her eyes as Brody made his last statement. She knew that her carelessness had played a part in his death and that there would be repercussions coming from the media and political arenas when the Bellfontaines would be free from incarceration yet again. She could kiss her aspirations at the DA’s office goodbye as she was certain to play the role of scapegoat in this case. She knew there was great risk of this occurring when she took on the case and would be strong when it was time to face the consequences of her failure.

Brody sensed her distress and did what he could to comfort Kara. “Logan’s death was inevitable from the start, we all knew that, I am just glad you are alive and well,” he said.

The Emergency Medical staff started an IV in her left arm. “Other than a case of exhaustion and dehydration, Ms. Stewart is in good health.” The young woman gave Kara a winning smile. “We will take you to the hospital just as a precaution and to be more closely examined, but you should be headed home later today.”

“Where am I?” she asked Brody.

“You are just outside a town called Grand Isle and this building you were being held in appears to be a storage building for off shore oil drilling equipment,” Brody said. “It doesn’t appear to have been used recently by anyone other than you and your captors,” he added. “We will go over the place with a fine tooth comb, but the place looks like it has been wiped clean,” he said. “Is there anything you can tell me about the people that abducted you?” he asked.

“I was blindfolded and restrained except for when I was given a sandwich or a restroom break, so I didn’t see any faces, but I know there were two men.” Kara did not know why she did not tell him about the woman, but she did not feel compelled to do so. “They kept me sedated and had very little interaction with me, but I could hear two separate voices in the room.”

Sasha received a call from Brody telling her that Kara was on her way to the hospital in New Orleans for a close evaluation and as soon as she hung up the telephone, she raced to her truck. She stopped in to tell James and Marie the news and then drove directly to the hospital. Though she would be there hours before Kara was ready for release, Sasha wanted to be there the moment when she arrived.

I am so glad you are all right, Sasha said. I will be waiting for you at the hospital, she said to Kara.

I am so sorry to have put you through all this, Kara said.

Hush now, Sasha said. I love you and right now nothing else matters but that you are alive and well.

I love you too Sasha, Kara said. I can’t wait to be held close in your arms again, she said.

Soon, very soon, Sasha promised. Rest now and I will be waiting for your arrival my love.

The tires on Sasha’s truck squealed as she turned the corner to enter the parking lot at the hospital and she whipped the truck into a parking spot and jogged across the street to enter the emergency room. She went directly to the Admitting desk and told the nurse working the triage station that she was waiting for Kara to arrive via ambulance. The nurse smiled warmly at her and told Sasha to make herself comfortable in the waiting room and promised to let her know when Kara arrived.

Sasha paced the floor for a few minutes and then sat down in an uncomfortable chair. She looked up at the television that played constantly in Emergency Room waiting area. The sound was muted and Sasha scrambled around the room until she located the remote. She turned up the volume and watched as camera men led the Bellfontaines down the front steps of the courthouse. Both brothers were smiling widely for the cameras and a reported asked, “How does it feel to walk out of the courtroom today free men,” she brazenly asked.

Curtis faced her camera man directly as said, “We were never guilty of the crime we were charged with, so we never had any worries,” he said.

“The whole city thinks you were involved with the abduction of the prosecutor Ms. Stewart,” the reporter stated.

“Well we hear she has been released by her captors and is on her way back to New Orleans,” Ray said. “Had she not been involved with this atrocious allegation, she would have not been in harms way,” he said with an evil grin and then turned away from the cameras.

You will pay for your actions one way or another, Sasha silently promised the smug pair who had once again avoided being prosecuted for their crimes. The reporter continued with the story of how the head of Bo Logan had been found earlier this morning hanging in Jackson Square and that without his testimony, the State had no case against the Bellfontaines and all the charges had been dismissed. Sasha ground her teeth to hold in the seething rage she felt watching the two men disappear into a stretch limo amidst all the cameras and publicity.

There was no way Ray Bellfontaine could have known that Kara had been released and was on her way back to New Orleans unless he or his brother were the ones to give the order to release her. His statement to the reporter was just his arrogant way of telling the authorities that there would be no way to connect them to Kara’s abduction and they walked away free men once more from a crime they orchestrated.

Sickened, Sasha turned the volume back down and resumed her pacing. She watched as a small crowd of reporters and camera men started to form in front of the Emergency Room. The information regarding Kara’s return to the city had already leaked to the press and they were anxious to get photographs and an interview from her. The same nurse that had talked with Sasha earlier came out to the waiting room and ushered Sasha into a private examination room to prevent the press from hounding her as she waited for Kara.

“She will be here very soon,” the nurse said and then closed the door behind her as she left the room.

Sasha watched the clock on the wall as time ticked by painfully slow. After she had been in the room for twenty minutes, Sasha heard voices talking excitedly and heard the rear doors of the emergency room crash open. The door to the private exam room opened and Kara was wheeled into the room on a stretcher. Her face and clothing were dirty and disheveled from her experience, but the smile on Kara’s face sent Sasha’s heart plummeting to her stomach and her knees felt weak. She leaned down and kissed Kara’s cheek and was quickly brushed away by a pushy doctor who came rushing in to examine Kara.

“Get a phlebotomist down her stat to draw some blood work so we can determine what they were using to sedate her,” he barked and the nurse that had accompanied him into the room rushed back out the door.

“How are you feeling Ms. Stewart?” he asked.

“Very relieved to be on my way home,” she answered.
“Not so fast,” the doctor said. “We need to determine what drugs they were giving you to make any necessary plans for your treatment,” he said. “Hopefully they used a drug that is not addicting and will not cause any withdrawal symptoms for you,” he said. “Are you hurting anywhere?” he asked.

“No, I am just little sore from being restrained, but I have no pain anywhere,” Kara said.

How will my blood look when they examine it? Kara projected to Sasha.

Relax, your blood will look just fine under inspection and they will just be performing a blood toxicology test to determine what drugs are in your system. It has been over a week since your last dose of formula, so that will not show up at all, Sasha said.

On cue, the phlebotomist came through the door and placed a tourniquet around Kara’s left arm and located a vein in the crook of her elbow. She quickly withdrew three vials of Kara’s blood and rushed them back to the laboratory. The doctor told the nurse to start another bag of sucrose and then left the room.

The nurse left and then returned to the room carrying a bag of sucrose and replaced the empty bag on the IV pole.

Detective Brody knocked on the door and then stepped into the room. “I don’t know how, but the press has gotten wind of your arrival,” he said. “We are keeping them at bay for now, but Sasha will have to sneak out to get her vehicle and park it near the morgue if we are going to be able to sneak you out once you are released.” Brody grinned wildly. “Better yet, why don’t we have one of the staff here bring it around for us,” he suggested.

“The news is already broadcasting Kara’s release as reported by Ray Bellfontaine on the steps of the courthouse a little while ago,” Sasha growled.

“That smug bastard,” Brody said with disgust. “So it was broadcast all over the news then I am sure.”

Sasha handed him her keys and told him where she had parked his truck. “Once the doctor says you can be released, I will send someone for your truck.” Brody so loved beating the media at their games. “When you are safely loaded up, I will walk out front and create a diversion while you and Sasha drive quietly away,” he said with a grin. “As a precaution, I have asked the chief to order an unmarked unit to monitor your driveway, just to prevent any of these rodents from sneaking in if they can find out your home address.”

“Thank you,” Kara said and Brody slipped quietly from the room.

Sasha and Kara were finally left alone in the room. Sasha bent down and kissed Kara softly on the lips. “I am so relieved to know you are really all right,” she said. “You really had me worried you know.”

“I am so sorry Sasha,” Kara said. “If I could do it all over again, I would not have been so arrogant and maybe things would have turned out differently.”

“I doubt anything would have changed, my love, Logan was destined to die and nothing you could have done would have prevented that,” Sasha said. “I think it is amazing that he was the only one to lose his life, it could have very well have also been the men assigned to protect him as well.”

“I guess I will always wonder what he was thinking when he escaped from the protection team,” Kara said.

“We will never know for sure, but maybe he felt like his chances were better if he was on his own those last few hours,” Sasha said. “He could probably feel death coming for him and decided to run instead of sit there and wait for it to come to collect him,” she said prophetically.

A soft knock came to the door and the doctor walked back into the room. “I have your drug test results and everything looks good.” He placed the report in her chart and sat down next to her on a stool. “You were being dosed with a combination of valium and ativan,” he said. “Your captors were smart enough to give you the smallest possible doses and you should have no unusual side affects.” He looked directly into Kara’s eyes and said, “But if you have any pain or unusual motor sensations, come back here immediately to get checked out.”

“I will,” Kara said as Sasha noted the doctor’s warning. She would drag Kara back if necessary to insure her future health.

“As soon as a nurse can come in here and remove the IV you can go home,” he said. “Take it easy for a few days and let your body catch up on its rest,” he said before he left the room.

A nurse returned to the room to remove the IV and to bandage Kara’s arm. Detective Brody stepped inside the room and ushered Kara and Sasha through the hallway down to the morgue and when he saw them safely through the door, he headed back through the emergency room. His departure through the door would cause the media hounds to flock to him and he would keep them distracted as Sasha drove quietly from the hospital.

As he stepped through the doors, the first of the reporters rushed to him. “Detective Brody, what is Ms. Stewart’s condition?” she asked.

Video cameras were rolling and flashes burned in the dimming light. “Ms. Stewart has been examined and is being treated for exhaustion and dehydration,” Detective Brody answered honestly. “She will be admitted to the hospital for several days for further observation and treatment,” he said as he watched Sasha’s truck pull away from the hospital. He hoped this ruse would allow Kara a few days to recuperate before the media swarmed her. When they were safely out of eye sight Detective Brody pushed his way through the mass of media and walked to his car. The last few weeks had been exhausting for him as well and he looked forward to a good nights sleep as he drove the short distance to his home.

Sasha wasted no time in leaving the city. Kara sat next to her and Sasha’s right arm was draped over her shoulder holding her close. She would think twice about letting Kara beyond arms reach again, at least for the short term, until the heat of the case had passed.

James, Marie and Milly were waiting for them in the parlor as they entered the house. “Welcome home,” they said in unison when the two women walked to the parlor.

“I missed you Aunt Kara,” Milly said as she ran up to her and gave her a tight hug.

“I missed you too Milly, but I am home again,” Kara said with tears in her eyes.

“I have a pot of chicken and dumplings and fresh biscuits on the stove when you two are ready to eat,” Marie said.

“Thank you so much Marie,” Sasha said. “I will get Kara in a nice soaking bath and then come back down to serve up a hearty meal for her,” Sasha promised.

“We will see you both tomorrow then, but do not hesitate to call if you need anything,” James said.

“I promise,” Sasha said as she walked them to the door and for the first time ever, she turned the key in the lock. Sasha felt comfortable with the fact that there was an unmarked patrol vehicle stationed at the head of the drive way and that she and Kara would pick up on an intruders presence, but there was no need to underestimate the persistence of a reporter on the trail of a story.

She then led Kara up the stairs and started a warm bath as Kara removed her soiled clothing. Sasha sat on the edge of the claw foot tub and watched as Kara’s hand quickly removed the blouse and pants from her body. The last few weeks had not been pleasant for Kara or kind to her body. Sasha saw the outline of ribs that had previously been invisible to the naked eye and she knew Kara had lost weight. She would enjoy putting some meat back on her small frame and Marie would be in her glory as she toiled in the kitchen cooking for Kara.

She helped Kara into the steaming water and watched as she laid her head back against the tub. Kara was pale and the dark circles under her eyes revealed the exhaustion she was feeling. Sasha sat beside the tub and watched as the water relaxed and soothed Kara’s aching body. Her love and tenderness would be needed to help repair the damaged psyche and Sasha looked forward to beginning her therapy. Kara began to bathe her body and after a soft kiss, Sasha went downstairs to prepare their dinner.
Sasha returned to the bedroom carrying a large tray filled with platters of food and a large pitcher of sweet tea just as Kara was slipping on a thick robe. Sasha placed the tray on a small table and then sat Kara in a chair and sat next to her. Kara looked more relaxed after the bath and her eyes grew wide as the aroma of the meal bombarded her senses.

Kara ate a healthy portion of the food and drank several glasses of the tea before she reached her limit. When she pushed her plate away she looked at Sasha with complete adoration and appreciation for the love she was given. Sasha left Kara propped up in the bed as she returned the dishes to the kitchen.

When she returned to the bedroom, Kara whispered, “Hold me.”

Sasha removed her clothing and climbed naked between the sheets. She took Kara in her arms and held her close as the first rumble of thunder echoed in the distance. Sasha’s hand stroked through Kara’s hair as she held her lover close, their hearts beating together as they listened to the approaching storm. The pelting of the rain on the windows and the warmth of Sasha’s body comforted Kara and she silently drifted off to sleep. Sasha held her for several hours as the storm outside matched the one raging inside her lover’s body as she dreamed of Logan and his final demise.

When Kara turned onto her side, ready for deep sleep, Sasha curled around her body and draped a protective arm across her waist. Content that the emotional storm had passed for now, Sasha closed her eyes and joined Kara in much more pleasant dreams.

Post Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
ghost

awww great going alli! and now? are they going after the B brothers??

and i learnt a new word today!! phlebotomist ....

grin.

regards
ghost

Post Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:05 pm 
Allison

HHmmm maybe Ghost. Soon you shall see. Thanks for the post!

Alli

Post Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:06 pm 
joanie

Very nice, still loving where you are going with this.
J

Post Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:22 pm 
Allison

My you ladies are quick today. I can't sneak anything passed ya! Thanks for the post and I am glad your are enjoying the read.

Alli

Post Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:24 pm 
Novella

Great story, Alli -- I'm really enjoying it! Can't wait for the next installment!

Post Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:14 am 
Allison

Thanks for the post Novella. A new section will be out soon I hope. Glad you are enjoying the story.

Alli

Post Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:45 am 
RunninAway

Great work again Allison, this will keep me coming back day after day again.........

Post Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:36 pm 
Allison

Glad your back and reading Runn! Thanks for the post. Will try to keep this one rolling smoothly so you won't have too long to wait Wink

Alli

Post Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:41 pm 
ladielove

Alli .
i had a few daiy's of down time on my computer ,, and so glad to get back to this story ,

this is great ... thanks the entertainment .. lol

Post Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:45 pm 
Allison

My pleasure Ladie...glad you are enjoying the story. Thanks for the post.

Alli

Post Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:49 pm 
Allison

Part Eight

PART EIGHT

The next morning Sasha awoke to a set of deep-blue eyes staring at her and she returned the smile on Kara’s face. Her arm was still draped across Kara’s waist, but she was now lying on her back watching Sasha.

“How did you sleep?” Sasha asked.

“So well, I can not remember falling asleep,” Kara said. “I remember the rain striking the windows and that was all.”

“Are you hungry?” Sasha asked concerned with Kara’s weight loss.

“Yes, but not for food,” Kara said as she rolled Sasha onto her back and kissed her sweetly.

Kara’s hands moved silently across Sasha’s body and evoked immediate desire from her lover. She knew the precise spots to touch on Sasha’s body to send their heartbeats racing, and Kara took advantage of this knowledge to make her body soar with arousal. Her lips kissed down Sasha’s neck, licking up the length of her jugular vein gorged with blood, as her heart pumped wildly to provide oxygenated blood to her growing nipples and clit. Sasha could feel the heat and wetness of Kara’s excitement as she moved down her body. Kara straddled her right thigh, as her lips engulfed a soft breast and she began to suckle. Her fingertips stroked the sensitive flesh between Sasha’s quivering thighs, coating her fingers with her juices. She paused from her suckling to take her fingertips into her mouth and then released the vibrations of her moan onto Sasha’s breast.

Her hair had fallen around her face and it caressed Sasha’s skin like strands of velvet and raised goose flesh across her body. Sasha’s moans had turned into low growls as Kara teased her body and she surrendered all control to her lover. Kara’s fingers parted Sasha’s lips and matched the rhythm of her hips as they undulated on the bed, pressing Kara deeper inside her body. “Oh yes, baby,” Sasha groaned as Kara’s teeth grazed her hardened nipple and she buried three fingers inside her.

The wind had risen again and was howling around the house as Sasha’s wails echoed against the bedroom walls. Rain was hitting the windows in sheets as the lightning flashed to illuminate the room and the thunder crushed down upon deaf ears as the lovers were oblivious to anything other than the pleasures being given and received. Sasha’s fingers tore at the sheets as Kara’s tongue drove in and out of her body sending waves of delight crashing through her body.

Sasha shuddered in climax and pulled Kara up to rest on top of her body as it trembled with the pleasure she had received. Sasha then rolled Kara onto her back and lavished her body with kisses and sensual touches until her exhausted body could take no more. Sasha moved to lie beside Kara and held her tightly in her arms as they listened to the storm rage outside.

After a long nap, Sasha crept quietly from the bed and went to the kitchen to prepare a late breakfast for them. She was pouring glasses of juice when she felt a pair of soft hands encircle her waist. She turned in Kara’s arms and kissed her deeply. “I am so happy you are home,” she said.

“I missed you too Sasha,” Kara said, as her fingers traced the outline of Sasha’s full lips.

Sasha shivered again under Kara’s touch and she knew they would spend the rest of the day in bed. They ate the breakfast she had prepared and then climbed the stairs and sank back into the comfort of their bed.

After a second round of making love, Kara rested her head on Sasha’s shoulder. “How do you feel about me staying home with you on a permanent basis?” she asked.

“I would love that,” Sasha said, as she took Kara’s chin in her hand. “Will it be bad for you when you return to work?” she asked.

“Well we haven’t checked the paper or the news, but I can almost guarantee that the District Attorney will not take the blame for the Bellfontaines walking out of court free men,” she said. “I doubt that I would be fired, but any chance of ever being promoted died with Logan.”

“It was not your fault that he died,” Sasha said. “If anyone is to blame it is Logan himself or the police who let him escape from under their noses,” she added.

“I know that and you know that and truth be known the public knows that, but they will not rest easy until a sacrificial lamb is offered,” Kara said. “I believe the best means of managing the situation is to go in on Monday and tender my resignation which will diminish the drama, and hopefully this whole ordeal will be put to bed.”

Sasha understood that Kara was making the correct assumption, knowing how the politics of New Orleans worked, but it was painful to watch her lover give up something she loved so much. Selfishly, she would love to be by Kara’s side everyday, but she recognized that eventually Kara would tire of the ordinary routine of running Sugar Land and her heart would yearn for more excitement.

She could not think of a solution that would allow Kara to maintain her dignity and her position after the peril she had undergone in the name of justice. Sasha found irony in the fact that the very persons who were attempting to obtain justice for crimes committed were the ones ostracized and ridiculed by their profession instead of being honored for their valiant attempts. As Kara’s tears soaked her shoulder, Sasha formed a plan to exact some justice of her own against those that had damaged Kara’s reputation and self-esteem. Bayou Justice was warranted and Sasha would be just the candidate to see it come to pass.

The remainder of the weekend was spent relaxing and planning for the coming Monday when Kara would resign her post. Sasha offered to accompany Kara, but she refused her support choosing instead to gather the remnants of her pride, to end her career as a prosecutor with as much dignity as she could muster.

Sasha felt the heartache Kara carried with her as she drove into the city and she wished there was something she could do to lessen the pain for her mate. Her anger fueled a rage burning deep within her every time she thought about the pain Kara was experiencing, and she knew her time to act would arrive soon.

Kara had used her laptop to draft a letter of resignation and she clutched it tightly in her hand as she pushed through the crowd of reporters that swarmed her sports car and accompanied her to the front door of the DA’s office. Roger was on duty at the desk and he smiled warmly at her as she approached.

“It is good to see you back Ms. Stewart,” he said with a boyish grin.

“Thank you Roger, but I won’t be staying,” she said, as she signed in and then passed through the metal detector.

In her office, she chatted briefly with her assistant Ted and told him that she was planning to resign her position. Ted pleaded with her not to leave, but her decision had already been made, and she would hold firm to that decision, no matter the argument presented otherwise. She boxed up the few personal items she had in her office and letter in hand proceeded to the District Attorney’s office.

Kara left her box at the secretary’s desk and knocked before entering the DA’s office. The DA saw the envelope in her hand and he smiled at Kara as she approached and extended her hand to him.

“I would like to submit my resignation effective today,” Kara said, her voice holding strong while inside her resolve was melting quickly.

“I sincerely hate that events have lead to this decision, but I will honor your request,” the DA said as he accepted the offered envelope. “There was great promise for you as a prosecutor,” he said unintentionally adding salt to her open wound.

“Thank you for the opportunity,” Kara said, and she spun on her heel and left his office. Picking up her small box, she held her head high and walked through the doors of the District Attorney’s building for the last time.

She was bombarded by questions from the horde of media outside the building and she politely smiled to them and continued walking until she reached her car and drove for home. Kara smiled as she passed a sign directing traffic to Tulane, and she thought maybe in a few years she would try her hand at teaching. Until then, she would spend her days with Sasha and assist her in any way she could to run Sugar Land.

Post Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:18 am 
joanie

Alli
Great addition to the story. Looking forward to where you continue!

J

Post Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:07 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: