BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Lesbian Love Stories

Sideways Complete 1/2/11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
MysteryGirl
Moderators

.......watches Purp running around looking for the CD player.

Hell Alli, I got all hot and bothered in that club too but I cant wait for Alicia and Devin to get home tonight!!!! Whilst they are busy I will just be following Dom home, that chica is HOT!

HugZ, MG

Post Tue May 11, 2010 11:42 pm 
Allison

Ya MG wish I could run across her myself Wink

Alli

Post Wed May 12, 2010 1:01 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
kenko

wow, just great! dancing around with the others Laughing

when is the next soon??? very soon??? i mean like now!!!???

have a nice day writing Wink

Post Wed May 12, 2010 8:40 am 
Allison

EIGHT

Alicia seemed quiet on the ride back to Devin’s. When they pulled into the parking spot, she turned the car off and looked at Devin.

“Would you like to come in for a nightcap?”

“I would love to,” she answered.

Devin fumbled in her pocket for the keys and opened the door. She reached in and turned on the kitchen light. “Would you light us a couple of candles while I pour some wine?”

“Sure,” Alicia said.

“Would you mind some soft music?”

“No, that would be great to unwind after all that dance music at the club,” Alicia said.

Devin tried to remember what she had in her CD system. She turned it on and skipped to disc two. The sexy, smooth voice of Anita Baker filled the room.

“Nice choice,” Alicia said when Devin walked into the room carrying the wine. “Set that down and come here please.”

Devin placed the wine glasses on the table and walked over to Alicia.

“May I have one more dance with you?” she asked.

Devin smiled. “You may have as many as you’d like.”

Alicia took her in her arms and pulled her close. “I never dreamed it could feel this good to dance with another woman,” she said.

“You never danced with a woman?”

“Not until tonight, you were my first.”

Devin cocked her head to the side in surprise searching Alicia’s face for the emotions she had been trying to hide. She watched as the tip of Alicia’s tongue ran across her lips in an unconscious desire to be kissed. Then she felt a warm hand on her back as Alicia’s hand had moved under her sweater, soft fingers caressing her skin.

She felt her knees go weak and leaned into Alicia for support. She looked into her passion darkened eyes and brought her hand around to stroke Alicia’s face. Devin felt her heart pounding in her chest and decided she couldn’t wait any longer. Alicia leaned toward her caress and Devin felt her head moving, leaning in until her lips brushed Alicia’s. The softness of her lips felt like silk to Devin and she braced herself for recoil from Alicia.

Instead, Alicia leaned into her and slowly parted her lips. Devin took the invitation, trailing the tip of her tongue along Alicia’s bottom lip until a low whimper urged her onward. Devin’s senses reeled as her tongue slipped inside Alicia’s mouth. She could still taste the sweetness of the wine which added to the intoxication of the kiss as their tongues swirled slowly together.

Devin’s hand moved from Alicia’s cheek to the back of her head as their kiss deepened. Time seemed to stop and all Devin could hear was the beating of her heart. Her left hand reached behind her and took Alicia’s right hand intending to place it against her chest so she could feel how her heart was pounding, but by accident Alicia’s hand landed on Devin’s breast. Her eyes flew open and she stepped backward breaking the kiss. Her hand covered her mouth as she realized what she had allowed to happen.

“Oh Devin, I am so sorry that happened,” Alicia cried.

Devin was dumbfounded by Alicia’s behavior. “Why are you sorry?”

“Because that should have never happened between us,” Alicia said as tears began to fall.

“Why not,” Devin asked?

“Well for starters, I am a married woman.”

“No, you are a woman trapped in a pointless marriage who deserves to be loved,” Devin argued.

“I am at least ten years older than you,” Alicia stammered.

“Eight to be exact, but who’s counting.”

“You are my employee for God’s sake.”

“Not officially until Monday morning,” Devin said with a grin, as she stepped forward and wiped the tears from Alicia’s cheeks.

Alicia took Devin’s hands in hers and kissed each one. Devin could tell she felt tormented by her confusing emotions and waited for her to speak.

“I’m simply not ready for this Devin and I’m not sure I will ever be,” she said.

“Am I not good enough for you,” Devin asked feeling tears welling in her eyes threatening to make her voice crack.

“Damn Devin, that’s not fair. It’s not you at all it’s me that has to come to terms with this.”

“This, just what is this?”

“The kiss and so much more Devin,” Alicia said moving away from her. “I cannot deny my attraction to you, but I just can’t handle this now,” Alicia said and barged out of Devin’s flat before she could be stopped.

Devin heard the door slam and a car racing from the parking lot as she collapsed on her couch. Their kiss had gone completely wrong and she was devastated by the reaction Alicia had shown. Had she been delusional in thinking Alicia had wanted to be kissed? No, she hadn’t and Alicia had kissed her back, leaving Devin all the more confused by what had just transpired. Had she just ruined a friendship and even worse the best option she had for a career in Atlanta by allowing her hormones to get the better of her she wondered? Devin needed the advice of someone who knew Alicia better than she.

Devin needed Dom.

She raced to the kitchen and took her cell from her bag and clicked on Dom’s number. She couldn’t remember if Dom had been wearing her phone or if she could even hear it ringing with the loud music at the club, but she had to give it a try.

Dom was standing at the bar talking with Tina when she felt the vibration of her phone on her thigh. “Excuse me.” She reached into the pocket of her cargo pants and pulled it out. Seeing that it was Devin calling she opened it and said, “Hang on and let me get outside.”

Devin could hear the heavy front door open and close placing a barrier between them and the loud music.

“Hello Devin, are you there?”

“Yes Dom, I am. Dom I need you,” she pleaded.

“What, Devin are you ok?”

“Yes, physically yes.”

“Is Alicia ok?”

“Dom, I don’t know she’s not here. Can you come over so we can talk?”

“I will be there as quick as I can,” Dom said.

“Thank you, Dom.”

Dom hung up and shook her head. She stepped back inside and told Tina and the bartender on duty she was heading out and would see them later. Then she strapped her helmet on and mounted the bike, eager to get to Devin to determine what had caused such distress.

Devin closed the phone and allowed the flood of tears to flow as she curled up on the couch for a good cry. When she heard the roar of Dom’s bike enter the lot a few minutes later, she sat up and wiped her face before walking over to the door to meet Dom.

Dom knocked gently on the door. Devin opened it and as soon as Dom stepped inside she collapsed in her arms, her tears falling freely again. Dom held her close until the sobs that wracked her body ceased and Devin could breathe freely once more. “There now,” she said as she stroked Devin’s hair. “Are you ready to sit down with me and tell me what on earth went on here tonight?”

“I am such a damned fool Dom,” Devin said.

“What makes you think that?”

“Because I have ruined everything with Alicia, our friendship, my career,” Devin said and broke out in tears.

“Come now,” Dom said and guided her to the couch and sat holding her close. “So tell me everything from when you left the pub.”

“When we got here, I invited Alicia in for a nightcap. I poured us some wine and turned on music while she lit some candles.”

“That sounds very romantic,” Dom said with a warm smile. “But I see two untouched glasses of wine sitting here Love.”

“When I arrived with the wine, Alicia asked me for another dance, so I sat the glasses down. While we were dancing I could not help but kiss her,” Devin said. “Our lips were so close and the look in her eyes said she wanted it too, so I went for it. Oh, Dom it was the most heavenly kiss I have ever experienced.”

“So I take it Alicia broke off the kiss, yes?”

“No Dom, as a matter of fact she kissed me back, at least until I did something stupid.”

“Uh oh, what did you do?”

“My heart was pounding so hard in my chest and I wanted to show Alicia how she excited me, so I took her hand and was going to hold it to my chest, but it slipped and landed on my breast. When Alicia felt that her eyes flew open and she totally freaked on me.” Devin’s tears started falling again.

“Now, now, that doesn’t sound all that bad,” Dom said trying to sound convincing.

Alicia drove home through a blur of tears. What in God’s name had she just done? She sat in the garage, her forehead resting on the steering wheel until she could control the tears. How was she going to fix this with Devin? Could their relationship even be fixed? How could she look at her on Monday and not be ashamed of her behavior? So many questions and no answers left her totally frustrated.

Once her tears subsided, Alicia climbed the steps to her bedroom and collapsed onto her bed still fully clothed into a deep, dream filled sleep, during which her mind played cruel tricks on her by playing a variety of scenarios with Devin.

Dom talked quietly with Devin for several hours as they discussed how she felt toward Alicia and they came up with several options for her to consider. When Devin’s head started nodding off around three, she said, “Let’s get you upstairs into bed.”

“Dom, I know this is selfish, but will you stay with me tonight?”

Dom was a bit floored by her request, but agreed to stay with her and allowed herself to be led upstairs by Devin. “This is really nice,” she said when she saw the bedroom.

“Thanks,” Devin said. “Do you need something to sleep in?”

“No, I’ll just strip down to boxers and a wife beater if that’s ok?” she answered, knowing full well it would not be smart to sleep naked as she usually did.

Devin disappeared into the bathroom and returned wearing a baggy t shirt and panties. Dom tried not to blush as she looked at her friend. Devin climbed into bed as Dom was taking her boots off. She pulled her pants off and turned to the bed. “Dom, will you come hold me please,” Devin said and turned on her side away from Dom.

Dom slipped between the soft sheets and pressed in close to Devin. She wrapped her left arm around Devin’s waist and held her close, listening to the sounds of her breathing until complete exhaustion overwhelmed her and she drifted off to sleep. She snuggled into Devin and allowed sleep to claim her while wondering what she could do to make things right between her two friends.

Post Thu May 13, 2010 1:47 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Outdoors65

...and the "processing of emotions" begins...

sets the computer aside to try to focus on the day, hoping another addition will welcome me home from work. Smile

Post Thu May 13, 2010 12:30 pm 
Allison

Don't even think you are getting spoiled, just lucky the next add was ready Out. Wink

Post Thu May 13, 2010 10:12 pm 
Allison

NINE

Devin woke the next morning, her head pounding from the crying and slipped quietly from the bed to prevent waking Dom who had rolled onto her stomach during the night. She walked carefully to the bathroom and chased two Tylenol with a long drink of water before climbing back into bed. She turned on her side to watch the woman sleeping next to her.

Dom’s wife beater had crept up her body as she slept, leaving a bounty of skin exposed to Devin’s eyes. Her tanned lower back was covered with baby fine blond hairs and her eyes moved down to long, muscular legs. She had to admit Dom had an incredible body. Her eyes moved upward until the fell on Dom’s shoulders where she could see evidence of scarred tissue. At the base of her neck, Devin could see a long surgical scar, and she wondered if this had been the injury that had ended her cycling career.

Dom had heard and felt Devin leave the bed and remained still when she felt her climb back into the bed. Devin was not ready to get up just yet, so Dom lay still planning to wait until Devin fell back asleep before she slipped from the bed. She could feel Devin’s eyes on her body and heard a soft gasp as they fell upon her scars. Dom was used to this reaction and no longer felt self conscious of her damaged skin. She turned her face toward Devin to find bloodshot grey eyes staring at her. “Good morning,” she whispered.

“Good morning Dom, do you sleep ok?”

“Yes, I did thanks. You have a very comfortable bed,” she said with a grin.
She propped her head on her arms. “How are you feeling?”

“Like I was run over by a train,” Devin said.

“Did you take something?”

“Yes, I took some Tylenol.”

“Do you like French toast?”

“I love it.”

“Do you have the ingredients for it downstairs?”

“Yes, I do. Would you like me to make you some?”

“No, I want you to stay here and rest and I will make you breakfast,” Dom said, as she sat up and slipped her cargo pants on. “If you go back to sleep, I promise to wake you.”

“Thanks for being so sweet,” Devin said.

“Just don’t tell anyone. I have a reputation to protect remember,” she said with a wink.

Devin watched Dom disappear down the steps. Damn but wasn’t she a beautiful woman. It was a shame she hadn’t fallen in love with Dom instead. She could call her back to bed and they could spend the day making love, she thought. It was still very tempting and she was sure Dom would take her up on the offer, but she couldn’t use her friend like that, especially since she had come so quickly to her aid.

Dom knew she had to leave the bed to escape the temptation of putting the moves on Devin. Even with her tear stained cheeks and bloodshot eyes, she found her adorable and fought to resist taking Devin in her arms for a kiss. Her friend had been traumatized enough over a kiss and Dom thought better of her desires. So instead, she would treat her to breakfast in bed.

Dom easily found her way around Devin’s kitchen and began making her breakfast. She could not find a breakfast tray, so she used a cookie sheet covered with a kitchen towel. It wasn’t the most romantic of choices, but Dom preferred Devin sleep a little longer and would not wake her to ask if she had a tray. She found a boiler and filled it partially to heat the syrup as she began making a stack of French toast sprinkled with cinnamon. As each slice was removed from the griddle, Dom placed a pad of butter on it until she had two stacks three slices high. She poured the warm syrup over them and then placed glasses of apple juice on the tray with napkins and forks and started up the stairs.

Devin heard Dom on the stairway and started to get out of bed. “Back in the bed right now,” Dom said as she saw Devin moving. She joined her on the bed and placed the improvised tray on Devin’s lap. “I couldn’t find a tray, so I have to make do.”

“This is wonderful Dom,” she said as she accepted the offering. “Thank you.”

“You are very welcome,” Dom said as she picked up a plate and fork.

“This is very good,” Devin said after taking a bite.

“I am glad you like it. Are you feeling any better?”

“Yes, my head has eased up a bit and I’m sure the food will help too.”

“I will be right back, I forgot the coffee.”

Devin reached for Dom’s arm. “The coffee can wait Dom, this is perfect.”

“Cooking in the kitchen has never been my forte, but I can muddle through a few breakfast meals,” she said with a grin.

“This is the best French toast I have had in a long time, thank you.”

“You are very welcome. It does me good to cook it now and then, to keep in practice.”

“You can cook it for me any time, Dom.”

They finished eating and Dom gathered up the dishes. “Are you still up for a ride today?”

“Yes, I think I need some fresh air to clear my mind,” she answered.

“Ok, after a cup of coffee I will go home and shower and be back here by noon if that is good for you.”

“That would be just fine. Let me get those dishes and you can pour us a cup,” Devin said.

Alicia woke feeling like a complete ass for the way she had treated Devin and decided she would shower and go over to talk to her to try to make some sense of what had happened between them. The hot water worked wonders to refresh her body and the swollen eyes she had woken up with disappeared.

She pulled on jeans and a pullover before walking into the garage. She noticed thunderheads building in the distance as she drove toward Devin’s and felt sure they were in for a thunderstorm in the next few hours. In hindsight, Alicia should have seen the thunderheads as an omen of the emotional turmoil she was about to feel, but she drove to Devin’s with hope of a positive outcome.

Alicia’s positive feelings sank like a lead weight when she pulled into the drive. She pulled her car to a halt before driving up to Devin’s flat. Sitting beside Devin’s car was Dom’s bike. It was way too early for Dom to be up and visiting anyone on a Sunday morning so Alicia had to assume that Dom had spent the night. An image of Dom and Devin entwined in a naked embrace flashed before her eyes. Alicia wheeled her car around in the parking lot and drove for home, her pride battered and bruised.

Dom had taken a cup of coffee and walked to the window to look out at the weather. She glanced out just in time to see Alicia’s car zooming out of the drive. Holy shit, she thought to herself. She could only imagine what Alicia was assuming at this point and judging by the speed at which she was driving, it could only be the worst scenario. She didn’t understand why these two stubborn women just didn’t go ahead break the sexual tension between them so they could move on with some rational thinking. Dom shook her head as she walked back from the window.

Devin saw her shaking her head. “What?”

“It looks like we might get rained out.”

“They weren’t calling for rain today were they?”

“Devin darling, you are in the south, give the weather five minutes and it can change several times,” Dom teased.

“Any chance it will blow over?”

“There is always that chance. I’m going to see if I can beat this home. I will call you later, ok?”

Dom handed Devin her empty cup and turned to put her jacket on and grabbed her helmet.

“Thanks again for coming over last night, Dom.”

“It was my pleasure, Devin. I’m glad you called me.”

“I will talk to you later then. I’m praying for a big wind to blow this through,” she said.

Dom chuckled. “I promised you a ride and if it’s not today, you can bet I won’t let you forget.”

“Good,” Devin said as she walked Devin to the door and gave her a hug. “Be careful.”

“Always,” Dom said and kissed Devin on the cheek.

Devin walked to the window. It did look like a big storm brewing and she hoped Dom would make it home before it arrived. She waved to Dom and walked back to pour a fresh cup of coffee. Devin climbed the stairs and saw that Dom had left her shirt and picked it up off the floor. She lifted the shirt to her face and as expected, it smelled just like Dom. The scent made her feel comforted and protected and she put the shirt on over her t-shirt before climbing back into the bed with her cup of coffee. She wrapped her arms around her knees and sipped her coffee as her mind battled with images of Dom and Alicia.

Dom stopped at the end of the drive and would normally have turned right to head home. She turned left and drove to Alicia’s home to attempt preventing further disaster between her two new friends. She knew from Alicia’s reaction that she had seen her bike and assumed that she and Devin had slept together and Dom was determined to set her bullheaded boss straight.

Alicia had gone through Starbucks and had just arrived home when she heard the approach of Dom’s bike. It was starting to rain, so Dom rode right up into her garage to protect her baby from the elements.

Dom cut the engine and pushed down the kickstand then took her helmet and jacket off.

“Making rounds this morning are you?” Alicia said with a bit of acid in her tone.

Dom blanched from her words and stepped off her bike. “You can be such an ass,” she boldly told her friend.

Alicia was not prepared for Dom’s retort.

“Yes, I saw your rapid escape from the driveway at Devin’s this morning and your welcome confirms that of course you assume we had sex,” Dom said as she walked toward her.

“Well, didn’t you spend the night?” Alicia asked as tears welled in her eyes.

“As a matter of fact, I did,” Dom said angrily. “I was comforting the friend you left devastated with your behavior last night.”

Dom let her words sink in with Alicia before she let out her next revelation. “I just wish it WAS me Devin was in love with, but it’s not. Lord knows I have the good sense to treat her they way she deserves.”

“What?” Alicia asked.

“For someone so damned brilliant you can be so obtuse,” Dom said.

“Well that is certainly uncalled for,” Alicia said hurt by her words.

“It is the truth, I’m sorry if it hurts. Devin is so in love with you Alicia and if you would take your blinders off you could see that.”

Alicia was shocked by Dom and slumped back against her car for support. Dom stepped forward and took Alicia in her arms as the tears began to flow.

Why oh why did women have to cry with her, Dom silently asked herself?

A loud crack of thunder burst just outside the garage making them both jump in surprise. “Let’s go inside,” Alicia said.

Dom followed her inside and took a seat at her kitchen table. “Can I get you something to drink?”

“Do you have some juice?”

Alicia poured Dom a glass of juice and sat next to her. “Where do I start to make this better?”

“I think you have to come to terms with how you really feel for Devin as a first step,” Dom said. “I’m no therapist, but that makes sense to me.”

Alicia reached over and placed her hand on Dom’s. “You are right, as usual.”

The rain was coming down in buckets. “It looks like you are stuck with me until this rain stops, so if you want to bounce some thoughts off me, here’s your chance.”

“Let’s go someplace more comfortable than this then,” Alicia said as she led Dom into a living room with plush leather chairs.

“This is much better, Dom said sinking into the chair. She could easily see herself drifting off in the comfort of the chair. After all, she had only gotten a few hours of sleep and all the emotional trauma had left her exhausted.

Alicia took a deep breath. “Last night was so exhilarating and terrifying for me Dom. The feeling of dancing with her was unlike anything I have ever experienced and I wanted it to never end.”

“I can understand that.”

“Then, while we were dancing, she kissed me,” she said with a smile. “Yes, before you ask, I kissed her back.”

Dom chuckled. “You know me too well.”

“Well I’m sure Devin has already told you that.”

“She has, but I want to hear your version.”

“I can’t lie, Dom, that kiss was amazing. So tender and sweet, yet passionate, it just blew me away. When she put my hand on her breast, I just freaked and I can’t explain why.”

“For starters, that was an accident.”

“What do you mean?”

“Devin was trying to put your hand on her chest so you could feel how hard her heart was beating against it to show you how you affected her. You did not stick around long enough for her to explain.”

“I guess I didn’t,” she admitted.

Dom cleared her throat before asking the next question. “What do you want from Devin? Wait let me rephrase that. Forget you are still legally married, a few years older and her employer, before you answer that question.”

“If only I could, Dom.”

“What do you have the biggest hang up with?”

“The married part doesn’t really bother me. Barry has done his own thing for years and we probably should go ahead and get divorced, to force us both to move on,” she admitted.

“Does the age difference bother you?”

“Not as much as it should I guess.”

“So, the employment thing is your biggest problem?”

“Yes probably so.”

“So, fire her or retract your offer,” Dom suggested.

“I can’t do that Dom.”

“Why not, if you are so concerned about appearances?”

“First, because I can’t do that to Devin, she earned that position and she will be good for the firm.”

“What about what is good for the two of you?”

Alicia shrugged her shoulders, completely bewildered for the first time in a long time. “I just don’t know Dom.”

Post Thu May 13, 2010 10:19 pm 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Sad Agghhhh, what a mess. I knew the employer/employee thing was going to be a problem. Damn!

HugZ, Noni

Post Fri May 14, 2010 12:06 am 
Allison

TEN

Devin snuggled back under the covers and was lulled to sleep by the falling rain. She slept the remainder of the afternoon and well into the early evening, missing a call from Dom and one from Alicia as well. The grumbling of her stomach finally demanded that she go downstairs to find some food and when she did, she saw her cell flashing with two messages.
She made a quick sandwich and poured a glass of tea before moving to the couch. She carried the phone and listened to the messages while she ate.

“Hey Devin, this is Dom. I reckon you have heard the rain pouring down and assume our ride is off for today. I was so looking forward to being with you, but promise we will make it another time. Call me if you want. Otherwise I will see you at work tomorrow.”

She checked the time and listened as the next message played.

“Devin, this is Alicia. I was calling to see if we could get together for a talk. We need to discuss a few things before we get into the office tomorrow. Call me when you get this message. Thanks.”

Devin checked the time of the message. Alicia had left it at two which had been seven hours ago. She wondered if she should still call. She really did not feel up to a face to face confrontation with Alicia tonight, but would at least give her the courtesy of a return call.

Alicia had Dom tucked away in the guest room for a nap. She reckoned that between her and Devin, Dom had gotten very little sleep during the past twenty-four hours and she could see how tired she was. The rain was still coming down in buckets, so Alicia would not allow Dom to leave. “At least lay down for a nap,” she had insisted when Dom’s head fell forward in her seat.

“I don’t think I will have much choice,” Dom said. “I’m exhausted.”

“Come on then and I will get you all arranged,” Alicia said then offered Dom a hand.

Alicia got Dom settled in and made a quick call to Devin. She was disappointed that she got her voice mail, but left a message for her to call. She carried her phone with her to the bedroom and placed it on her night stand before crawling back into bed. She hoped Devin would return her call and they could get a few things straightened out. Alicia could not deny her attraction to Devin, but needed some time to process her feelings and make some plans. Hopefully, Devin would understand and give her what she needed.

When Dom woke up at five, the rain had finally stopped. She dressed and made her way from the guest room. She knew that Alicia’s room was just a few doors down and stuck her head inside to check on her. She found her boss sleeping soundly and then crept from the house as quickly as she could. When she reached the garage she realized her dilemma. She could drive or push her bike out but would have to go back through the house to lower the garage door, so she raised the door and carefully backed her bike out into the drive before re-entering the garage to close the door. She hoped she was not making too much noise as she walked quietly back through the house, locking the front door behind her as she left. She climbed on her bike and let it roll down the drive before starting the ignition. She pulled out onto the street smelling the after rain fresh air as she made her way down rain soaked streets toward home.

Alicia heard the roar of Dom’s bike in the distance and knew that her young friend had taken her bike away from the house before starting it up for her benefit. She had heard Dom when she awoke from her nap and appeared to be asleep when she checked on her before leaving the house. Sleep had eluded Alicia as her mind replayed her options for handling the situation with Devin. She had several ideas, but none that she was totally pleased with.

Dom made it home despite the slippery streets and called to check on Devin. She was disappointed when her voice mail clicked on, but she did leave a message. She really wanted to stop by, but would not just drop in uninvited. Dom was concerned for both her friends, Devin seeming the more emotionally fragile and vulnerable. She knew from history how tough Alicia could be and was comfortable knowing she could work through her problems. Being new to Devin, Dom wasn’t sure how her friend would react to the rejection she felt from Alicia. Dom would be there for both of them to give them the support they needed to weather the emotional storm they had created.

Devin held the cell phone in her hand and toyed with the idea of returning Alicia’s call. It was just past nine, but she felt sure Alicia would still be awake. Taking a deep breath, she pushed the speed dial button for Alicia.
Alicia had curled up on the couch to watch the fireplace. She jumped when her cell started vibrating on the table next to her. She reached for it and saw on the screen that it was Devin calling.

“Hello,” she said in a voice husky with emotion.

“I’m sorry to be calling so late, but I just saw you had called. I must have been asleep,” Devin apologized.

“It’s not a problem. I appreciate you calling me back tonight. I wanted to talk to you about last night.”

“I’m listening,” Devin said.

“I wanted you to know that last night, well it was both fantastic and terrifying for me,” she said. “I cannot lie to you and tell you I don’t feel attracted to you Devin, but I have some things I need to sort out.”

“I have no problems if you want me to find another firm to work for Alicia, if the employer and employee issue is difficult for you,” Devin offered.

“I appreciate that, but I don’t feel like it is necessary. You have worked hard to get where you are today and I won’t deny I look forward to working with you every day.” Devin heard a pause and then a sigh.

“I hear a “but” coming,” she said.

“We will have to be extremely careful to remain professional at work at all times.”

“I don’t have any problem with that,” Devin agreed.

“The biggest thing Devin is that I need time to work through some of my personal issues before I can even consider a future with you. I know it is unfair and incredibly selfish of me to tell you to wait when I have no idea how long it will take, but that is what this is coming to,” she said.

“You will be worth the wait and I have my hands full learning my new job, so time will pass quickly for me, I hope,” Devin added.

“Great, I will see in the morning then,” Alicia said.

“Bright and early,” Devin answered.

“Sleep well then.”

“Goodnight Alicia,” Devin said and ended the call.

She sat holding the phone, a smile playing on her face for several minutes. While it wasn’t the news she had hoped for, Devin was pleased Alicia felt they had a future together. She just hoped she could work out her issues quickly and it wouldn’t be years before she was ready to start a relationship. Relieved they had talked Devin plugged the phone in the charger and went upstairs to bed.

Alicia too felt better knowing that Devin was at least receptive of a future relationship. She prepared her coffee pot and headed off to bed.

Across town, Dom was finishing a salad she had prepared for a late dinner. She had been thinking of Devin all evening and planned to see her after work. She would ask Devin to play racquetball after she and Alicia had finished and if luck would be with her she could run an idea past Devin.
She took a hot shower and slipped between cool fresh sheets and fell asleep thinking of the two main women in her life.

Post Fri May 14, 2010 11:39 pm 
Allison

Monday morning had dawned bright and sunny much to Devin’s delight, as she lowered the top on her car and started off to work. She would be very early, but she wanted to get some of her personal things arranged before Alicia showed up. She parked in the covered garage and took a box and her briefcase from her car.

Henry had seen her enter the garage through the video monitor and met her at the back door, taking the box from her. “Good morning, Ms. Freeman.”

“Good morning Henry. It looks like we are going to have a beautiful day.”

“Yes ma’am that it does. Would you like me to carry this upstairs for you ma’am?”

“No thanks Henry, if you can just get me into the elevator that would be fine.”

“Very well,” Henry said and waited until Devin had signed in to walk her to the elevator. He waited until she got inside and pushed the button to her floor before handing her the box. “Have a good day miss.”

“You too Henry and thanks again.”

“My pleasure Miss,” he said as the door closed between them.

Devin was sure she was early enough to be the first one in, but as she stepped off the elevator, she heard Bev humming along in the small kitchen. She popped her head in before walking past. “Good morning Bev.”
Bev spun around to see her. “Good morning to you Ms. Freeman. Would you like a cup of coffee brought to you?”

“That would be great Bev, thanks,” she said and continued on her way.
Alicia worked fast. On the front of her office door was a name plate which read, “Devin Freeman.”

Devin pushed open the door to find a bouquet of flowers sitting on her conference table. She sat her box on the table and carried her briefcase to her desk. Bev walked in with her coffee just as she reached for the card that came with the flowers.

“They arrived early this morning and Henry brought them up. I wasn’t sure where you would want them so I left them there.”

“Thank you Bev,” Devin said.

“You are very welcome. Just let me know what supplies you will need or anything else and I will see you get it.”

“I will,” Devin answered and Bev left the room. She pulled out the card and smiled. “Good luck on your first day,” was typed on the card and then a
name Dom. Devin slipped the card inside her pocket.

She is like a knight in shining armor and a romantic one at that Devin thought as she leaned down to smell the fragrant flowers. What a great way to start the first day at a new job. She sipped the coffee and unpacked her box glancing over at the flowers on occasion to bring a smile to her face.
She had purchased some of the newfangled nail free hangers and busied herself hanging her diplomas and license. There were also a few framed photographs of her with her parents that she placed on a wall close to her office. She sat down at her desk and surveyed the room. There was still quite a bit of open wall space. She decided she would purchase some prints for them to make her office feel like home. The small cubbyhole at her old job barely gave her room to turn around, so the luxury of the office delighted her.

She placed her engraved desk set on the solid cherry wood desk and found a note beside her computer. Devin picked it up to find that Alicia had already had Bev set up her new system with user names and passwords to get into the system and said when she was ready to ask Bev to show her how to access the firm’s network server.

She powered up the computer and was surprised when she logged on the computer greeted her. “Good morning, Ms. Freeman,” it said which caused her to chuckle in surprise. Then she took inventory of the supplies she would need to start work. When she finished, she picked up the phone and dialed Bev on the intercom.

“Yes, Ms. Freeman?”

“When you have a moment, will you step into my office please Bev?”

“I will be right there,” Bev answered.

Devin took another sip of the rich coffee already amazed that Bev had remembered just how she liked it. Bev stepped into the office and walked to her desk.

“What can I do for you ma’am?”

“Mrs. Dukes left a note to ask you for assistance to access the server. Do you have time for that now?”

“Oh yes ma’am.”

Within five minutes, Bev had her utilizing the server like an old pro. “I took the liberty to set up your passwords, but they are easy enough to change. You will need to keep me informed of what they are though and company policy states they must be changed every thirty days, so I will be reminding you from time to time.”

“Is there anything I can mess up if I hit a wrong key?” Devin asked.

Bev chuckled at her question. “No ma’am, the system is pretty secure and it won’t let you have access to anything you don’t need. Don’t worry, by the end of the week you will have it all down pat.”

“I am glad you have confidence in me,” Devin said.

“Mrs. Dukes only hires the best,” Bev said. “You wouldn’t be sitting in that chair if she had any doubts.”

“That is quite right,” a voice said from the doorway.

Both Bev and Devin spun around to see Alicia standing in the door way.

“Good morning, Mrs. Dukes,” Bev said. “Let me get you some coffee,” she said and left the office as Alicia approached.

Damn but she was beautiful, Devin thought.

“Good morning,” Alicia said with a brilliant smile.

“Good morning to you, Mrs. Dukes,” Devin said.

“You can call me Alicia. Bev just does that as a formality. Behind closed doors she calls me Alicia too,” she said with a grin. “I see you have already been busy,” she said looking around the room. When her eyes came to rest on the flowers she turned back with a smile. “A secret admirer?” she asked with a raised brow.

“A welcome from Dom,” Devin answered.

“I should have guessed a nice, sweet gesture.”

Maybe she imagined it, but Devin thought she detected just a hint of envy in her words. Or maybe it was just because Dom beat her to the punch by sending her flowers. If Devin could have read Alicia’s mind, she would have discovered a little of both.

Bev returned with a cup of coffee and picked up the list of supplies Devin had requested. “I will get these together for you shortly,” she said and left the room.

“Would you mind if I purchased a couple of prints for the walls?” she asked.

“No not at all. I didn’t know what your tastes would be, so I left that task up to you,” Alicia said. “There is a nice little gallery down on the second floor. If you cannot find what you like, then I can recommend a few others,” she added.

“Thank you.”

“I have a Partner’s meeting first thing this morning, but I made a list of some of the files I would like you to review. I see Bev has gotten you on the server, so you can review them there,” she said as she handed Devin a list. “When I finish my meeting I will get back with you and we can discuss a few cases.”

“That sounds great,” Devin said.

“Welcome aboard, Devin,” Alicia said and started for the door.

“Thanks again for the opportunity.”

“You are most welcome,” Alicia said and left the office.

Devin turned back to the computer and accessed the first file on the list and was busy reading when Bev came back in carrying a box of supplies.

“We had everything but a thumb drive,” Bev said.

“That’s not a big deal. I just wanted it to take some files home to work on,” Devin said.

“Ah, then you don’t need it then,” Bev said. “You can access the company server using remote desktop,” she said. “Anything you have access to here in the office is at your disposal.” Bev moved a little closer to Devin and in a soft voice said, “I must warn you, the partners get a weekly print out of server access and I know Mrs. Dukes would frown upon you working much from home. She’s a strict believer in leaving your work at the office.”

“Thanks for the warning, Bev. I will try to be careful,” Devin said with a grin.

Dom woke earlier than usual and went to the kitchen for some juice while the coffee was brewing. She sat down at her kitchen table and her thoughts returned to the previous afternoon. After leaving Alicia’s, Dom had dropped in at the Pub to see how things were going. Snowy, a recent transplant from New York was working the bar.

“What’s a matter love?” she said in her delicious British accent, when she saw Dom come in. “You look like someone just stole your best mate.”

“Something like that Snowy,” she said as she took a seat at the bar. “Have you ever been in love with someone only to find out they were totally in love with someone else?”

“Oh dear Lord, you done gone and got yourself smitten have ye?”

“The worst part is, the woman she’s in love with is running away from her, scared of her own feelings.”

“A bloody straight woman is she?”

Dom chuckled. “Yeah, how could you tell?”

“Well knowing you the bit that I do, you would only be after a classy lady. If someone was turning her off, she’d have to be a bit daft in my book.”

“Snowy, you are incredible,” Dom said.

“So, give up on the two of em and take me on would ya?” she said with a sexy grin.

“I’ve got the leathers Snowy, but not the whips and chains,” Dom teased her.

“It’s no worry Love, I can teach ya.”

Dom just shook her head.

“On a more serious note, have you considered a “Friends with Benefits” proposal?”

“A what Snowy speak English?”

“I am speaking English woman. Friends with benefits, you know good friends and occasionally a good shagging.”

“Fuck buddies,” Tina said walking up beside Dom.

“Oh Tina, that is so crude,” Dom said.

“May be crude, but it happens every day Love,” Snowy said. “Who knows, with your talents you just might convince the lucky woman to move over to your side.”

“Let me guess, Devin?” Tina said. “Even you wouldn’t have the balls to go after the other one.”

Dom just nodded her response. “Last night was crazy between them and I haven’t even made it home yet,” Dom said.

“No, but you did manage to lose a shirt in the ordeal,” Tina said with a wicked grin.

Dom had no clue what Tina referred to until she looked down and saw she was just wearing the wife beater under her jacket. She must have left it at Devin’s when she left this morning.

Dom silently sipped her beer as she considered what Snowy had suggested and then went home to crash.

This morning, after a good night’s sleep the idea did sound more appealing. If the time was right, she may suggest such an arrangement with Devin, no strings attached of course. After all, the worst Devin could say was “no”.

Devin spent the morning reviewing the case files Alicia had given her, making notes of questions or comments she had on the cases. She could tell by the chosen files, that Alicia was starting her off on fairly easy briefs and she doubted she would have any problems completing the assignments once given. Devin was deep in concentration on one of the files when Alicia tapped on her door.

“Sorry our meeting ran a little longer than usual. Are you ready for some lunch?”

Devin glanced at the clock and was shocked to find that it was in fact lunchtime. “Where did the morning go?”

“Time flies you know. I thought I would treat you to the deli downstairs if you are hungry.”

“Now that I think of it, I’m starved.”

“Let’s go then.”

Devin closed out her screen and followed Alicia from the office.

“We are going downstairs, Bev, can we bring you something from the deli?” Alicia asked.

“Thanks anyhow, but I brought in some leftovers,” Bev answered.

“Do you want to eat in or come back upstairs?”

“Let’s bring lunch back upstairs. I have some questions on those files you had me review.”

“Ok, but we eat in peace first,” Alicia said.

“Yes ma’am,” Devin said and followed her boss to the elevator. They spent the remainder of the afternoon poring over the files and Alicia gave Devin specific assignments for each.

At four Alicia stood up and stretched her back muscles. “I think it is about time to wrap things up and hit the racquetball court.”

“Sounds good to me, let me wrap up a few things and I will meet you at the club.”

Devin straightened up her desk and stacked the files neatly on the corner of her desk, before leaving her office. She could hear Alicia on the telephone with someone. She thanked Bev for her help and rode the elevator down to the lobby. She had left a bag with some workout clothes in her car.

Henry tipped his hat to her as she exited the elevator and walked toward the garage. When she returned he smiled at her and asked, “So how did the first day go?”

“It was busy, but a good day Henry, thanks for asking.”

“My pleasure ma’am,” he said with another of his warm smiles.

Devin rode the elevator up to the health club and walked in to find Dom working out one of the other staff. She excused herself and walked over to Devin. “I was wondering if we could play a few games after you finish with Alicia or if we could get together after you finish.”

“Sure Dom. I won’t know how I’ll feel until after Alicia gets done with me though. Hopefully I will have the energy left to take you on. Or you could play with us again.”

“I have a few appointments for workouts and besides I want you all to myself,” Dom said.

Devin cocked an eyebrow. “Is everything ok?”

“Everything is fine, but I do have something I would like to discuss with you in private.”

“That’s fine. If we can’t do it here, you can stop by after work,” Devin said.

“Thanks,” Dom said and returned to her client while Devin went to the locker room to change.

She had just finished slipping her shorts on when Alicia came in and began to undress. Devin bent down to tie her shoes in an attempt to keep from gawking at Alicia while she changed. It was difficult tearing her eyes away from the body Alicia obviously worked hard to maintain. Devin could feel that familiar warmth running through her body as her eyes enjoyed caressing Alicia’s flawless skin.

Alicia didn’t have to look to know that Devin was watching her closely. She felt a pair of hungry eyes on her and when their eyes met, Devin quickly looked away. “Are we all set?” she asked.

Devin surprised Alicia by taking the first game. After game point, she turned around and grinned at Alicia. “Beginners luck,” she said with a shrug of her shoulders.

“You are no beginner, but I will give you the luck part,” Alicia teased back.

The second and third games were very close, but Alicia was able to win them both. Then Devin roared back and won the next rather handily. They took a short rest break and took the bottles of water Dom handed them.
“I wish all my clients worked as hard as the two of you,” she said with a grin.
Alicia would never publically admit it, but Devin pushed her really hard and made her pay for every mistake she made. She was very aggressive on the court and it made Alicia surprised that Devin had no desire to make criminal law her specialty. She would be a knockout in the courtroom with her looks and aggressive style.

“One more to break the tie,” Alicia asked?

“That sounds good. Dom do you still want to play after I finish off Alicia,” Devin asked?

“Sure if you feel up to it,” Dom said.

“I will do my best to wear her down for you,” Alicia said with a wink.

Dom finished her last appointment and returned to the court just in time to watch Devin win the last two points of the game. When Devin hit the winning shot, she turned around to Alicia and slipped an arm around her shoulder. “I will have to write this day down in my diary,” she said. “I doubt there will be many more days I can say I beat you.”

“Don’t sell yourself short. You are a fantastic player and by far the best competition I have had around here.”

“I really enjoyed playing with you.”

“Well I demand a rematch soon. Are we still on for steaks Wednesday?”

“Yes, if you still want me to come over,” Devin said.

“That’s a yes then. You better take a few minutes break before Dom gets in here. She looks like she’s ripe to play,” Alicia said. “Go easy on her,” she said with a grin.

“There’s no chance of that happening,” Devin said. “It’s all or nothing.”

“I wouldn’t expect any less from you. Have a great evening and I will see you tomorrow then.”

“Goodnight, Alicia.”

“Go get her Tiger,” Alicia said as she walked past Dom.

“Yeah right, she’s the one who’s looking ferocious tonight. Maybe I should be scared.”

“Just watch that wicked backhand she’s got,” Alicia said with a wink to Devin. “I’m off to the showers. Enjoy your game ladies.”

Once Alicia disappeared from view, Dom turned to Devin. “Way to go. There are not many people in this building that can brag that they have beaten Alicia.”

“I just got lucky, but I will take a win over her any day,” Devin said with a chuckle. “I am going to use the restroom while you warm up a bit. I will be right back,” she said flipping the ball toward Dom.

Dom caught the ball and started warming up as Devin slipped out of the court. She entered the locker room and could hear a shower running in the back. She used the toilet and was walking to the sink when movement caught her eye and she turned to see a naked Alicia reaching for a towel.
When their eyes met, Alicia made no move to cover her nakedness, giving Devin a perfect view.

Devin nodded and sent Alicia a smile before quickly washing her hands and leaving the locker room. She could hear Alicia humming to herself in the shower. There was nothing about Alicia that wasn’t stunning she thought as she walked back to the court.

She tapped on the door to let Dom know she was entering the court. “Are you ready Hot Stuff?”

Dom grinned back at her. “I was born ready.”

“Serve away then,” Devin said.

Alicia smiled to herself as she showered. She was very pleased by the look Devin had given her. Her nakedness obviously had an arousing affect on the young lawyer and the wicked part of Alicia made sure she got a good view.

Post Mon May 17, 2010 4:42 pm 
writingcurl

Allison, I do so love you!
Great write you got me hooked.
Really excited about the friends with benefits part, but can't make up my mind whether I want Devin to say yes....xD

Curls

Post Mon May 17, 2010 8:11 pm 
Allison

LMAO I so needed that Curls. Thanks. Glad you are enjoying the story. Who knows which way it will go...big grin.

Alli

Post Mon May 17, 2010 10:12 pm 
Stormchaser

as always, great addition.

i've got to say i'm a bit on the fence my self about the friends with benefits thing.... too much of a romantic myself I guess.

Post Mon May 17, 2010 11:29 pm 
Somegirls

Poor Devin, waiting for the love of her life to show up, just when it happens, it has to get complicated! Let's see where this goes, keep the posts coming Rolling Eyes

Post Tue May 18, 2010 4:12 pm 
Allison

Thanks Storm and Somegirls. Glad you are enjoying the read so far. Hope to have a new section up soon.

Alli

Post Wed May 19, 2010 11:06 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: