BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Story Forum Index -> Lesbian Love Stories

Heartfelt [F-inished]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Thanks for the update Laurian, I like your style of writing, I can see the people as you talk about them.

HugZ. Noni

Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:32 pm 
Laurian

WoW Noni,

that was a very fast reply post Shocked

One of these days I will make you sit down to talk to me about how you do that. Smile
(I will be gentle Wink )

anyhoeeew,

thank you for taking the time for a reply post. And Embarassed thank you for your praise.
I was unsure if it would work. By now you will have noticed that I haven't described anybody in this story.
Even though I see them clearly in my head I would rather tickle your own imagination.
I am sure everybody sees a Nikky or a Lynn of their own.

Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:22 pm 
NitWhit

I'm running out things to pass the time with. lol. Hopefully you add more soon

Post Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:24 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Laurian

Hey NitWhit,

I am trying to write as fast as I can but my social life keeps interrupting me Very Happy
So .. the phone is off the hook and my door bell is dismantled...
The story will have an addition today!

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:22 am 
Laurian

After taking my stats and changing my bandages, the nurse gave me a pill and some water. “This will make it possible for you to sleep, miss Lambert.”
I must be imagining things but after swallowing it I could swear that it started working immediately. The nurse helped me to get comfortable and then she left my room switching off the lights.
I felt my eyes close and I drifted off.
    A dark room.
    The only light came from a flickering candle that I seemed to be holding in my right hand. I shielded the small flame, realizing that I depended solely on its light to let me see my surroundings.
    ‘Where am I?’ I thought.
    Something pulled at my left arm. Startled, I looked down but could see nothing.
    Again something gave me a pull. This time it persisted in its motion. I realized that something was urging me to follow. I took a step in that direction and the pulling became less intense so I obeyed and followed.
    After a few steps I could sense that there was somebody else in the room. My candlelight barely revealing more than a vague outline.
    As I got closer the figure felt familiar. ‘I've seen this dark lady before in my dreams. This is a dream!’. The moment that realization hit me, the flickering flame of the candle gained in force until I could no longer stare in it, showering the room in an intense light. I let the candle drop being scared that it would burn me. The light kept growing in intensity.
    Shielding my eyes I looked at the woman in front of me. She was dressed in a black hooded cloak that kept her face out of sight. She was looking down. I could see that she was captivated by what she was holding in her hands. I couldn't make out what it was. It was covered by what seemed to be a red silken cloth.
    She stood motionless, waiting.
    My now empty hands were itching to unravel the mystery that lay covered in red. I approached the woman. She didn't move. When I was directly in front of her I started to reach for the red cloth in her hands. I was not scared of being near her. I felt at peace.
    Slowly I started to unwrap, feeling the warmth of what was hidden.
    I gasped for air.
    The silken cloth formed a little nest for a human heart pounding softly in the hands of the lady.
    I could tell that she moved. She was no longer looking down but I felt her gaze upon me while she extended her hands holding out the heart. I slowly lifted my head to look at her, scared of what I might see.

I was staring in my own face. It hit me that it was my heart she was holding. Gently I opened her cloak. Now I could see the hole in her body where my heart once was.
    I was so deeply moved by seeing this that I started to cry.
    She cried with me.
    I whispered to her. “Please protect my heart. I will find a use for it someday.”
    She looked at me and I stared back, reaching out my hands to touch hers as to form a cocoon that would shelter our heart. I could feel my heart inside our hands, warm and pounding, hoping and longing.

I woke up. My room was totally dark. It was still night. The dream was still vivid in my mind leaving me very sad. I wished that somebody would enter my room. I wished I wasn’t alone. I closed my eyes. I could feel how my tears found their way down my cheek. It felt like I laid there for hours crying, thinking.

I sensed a presence and I opened my eyes. I whispered in surprise. “My sunset lady!”
She sat beside me in the chair the doctor had used. Her presence gave the room a soft orange-red glow.
“Am I dreaming again?”
She looked at me sad-eyed. “No, this is not a dream and it is not reality. This is something in between. You can compare it to talking with your inner voice.”
I thought about it for some time. She waited patiently. “I think I understand. You are here because I need someone so my mind has created you.”
She looked away for a second then fixed her gaze on me again. “Perhaps that might be the best explanation. Although I must add that there is more to it but let's keep it at that.”
I didn’t really need to know more. We sat there in silence for a little while.
“You know what's wrong with my heart.” I stated that. I knew it was true.
She didn’t speak but I could see it in her eyes. “You knew when I first saw you.”
This time she nodded her head. “What'll happen to me?”
She spoke softly. “That is up to you, Nikki. It is in your own hands.”
I frowned. “I don’t understand.”
After I said this, she smiled. “I know you don’t understand just yet. It is not easy to grasp these matters. However I am not here to tell you what to do. You will figure this out on your own. I believe that you will. And you will make the right decisions.”
She waited to see if I would say something. When I remained silent she continued. “You will need to learn to believe in yourself. But above all you need to remember. Do you recall what I said to you when we first met?”
I nodded, “you told me to open up.”
She looked at me. “Yes, but you thought I was talking about opening your eyes. I was not, Nikki.”
She looked at my hand as if contemplating to grab hold of it. She didn’t touch me but I could tell she really wanted to.
I whispered, “you're not solely my inner voice. You are my guardian angel. You are my mother.”
This made her fix her eyes on me. I could see it took her some time to process my words but she started smiling. “I think you have a better way of explaining than I do. I am that what loves you.”
We didn’t speak for some time. I just looked at her, my sunset-lady. She sat beside me and looked at me. She gave me what I needed the most at that moment. She gave me support.

“You make me feel save as if I am not alone anymore.”

This made her close her eyes for just a second. When she looked at me again she said, “o Nikki, but you were never alone. You closed up and pushed everyone away. That is what I meant when I told you to open up again.”
I was confused by that statement. She could tell that I found no words.
She looked at my hand again. “Honey, you are loved. You and your father are more alike than you think that is for sure. You do exactly the same thing as he does. You don’t show your emotions either. You are so hard on yourself that you don’t see the beauty of being you.”
She must have seen my puzzled look when she glanced at my face again. “I don’t understand.”
“Perhaps it would be better to show you instead of trying to explain. I will let you undergo a little trip.”
I giggled. “I don’t think I will be able to move. Have you seen the state I'm in?”
She looked at me without smiling. “There are more ways of traveling. Close your eyes.”
I did as she told me. I could feel her hand on my forehead. I battled the temptation of looking when I felt a tingling sensation through my body. It felt like I was floating when I heard her voice inside my head as if it were my own thoughts. ‘Don’t be scared. I will help you see through the eyes of an innocent bystander.’ I was certain that I could hear amusement in her voice.
‘You can open your eyes.’

Last edited by Laurian on Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:35 am 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Laurian............what can I say? This story is taking the neatest little sidestep to what I had expected. Great writing girl, I think you need to lock yourself away more often LOL

HugZ, Noni

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:42 pm 
Laurian

Ah Noni,

you are not the first one to tell me that I need to be locked away although I must add that you are the first one that has said it in such a gentle manner....
Or have I been misreading your comment Laughing

btw, any of you girls good with doorbells? After dismantling I seem to find it a bit difficult to piece it together again. I shouldn't be left here with all these parts. And the sound it makes now shouldn't remind me of chalk on a blackboard, should it... Shocked

Post Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:03 am 
Laurian

I opened my eyes and I felt my mouth drop in amazement. But it was not my mouth. It was the mouth of somebody else. Or something else.
‘Where am I? What am I?’
I heard the voice of my sunset lady giggle inside my head. ‘Try to find out but do not be scared. You are in the past. Everything already took place so there is nothing that can go wrong.’

I was sitting on the ground. I noticed I was inside Lynn's house. I recognized the furniture but I never saw it from this angle. I stood up to get a better position but that didn’t change much. I still found myself very close to the ground as if I would have laid down. That startled me and I looked down when I realized I was standing on all fours. I had to blink my eyes to make sure but all I saw were four paws.
I gave a surprised yell or at least I tried to but all that came out of my mouth was a high pitched “Meow!”
Lynn came running out of the kitchen. She looked at me. “Now Angus, you behave tonight. Nikki is coming over and I don’t need you to be acting like a spoiled cat.”
‘Angus? You've got to be kidding me.’ I tried to talk to Lynn but all she heard was Angus giving purrs and meows.
She scolded me. “Don’t talk back, silly cat.” After giving me that response she held her head with both hands. “If Nikki would see me like this she would have a field day. I can hear her mocking me already about talking to my cat.”

With that she left me and returned to her kitchen. I shook my head thinking it must be a dream or something. How could I be a cat? But that didn’t alter the situation. I walked to Lynn's bathroom. I wanted to see my reflection in her mirror. Upon arriving in the bathroom I discovered a flaw in that plan. I never realized how high the sink was. How on earth would I be able to reach that?
I'd seen Angus jump this sink with ease. It never looked very hard. But sitting here on the bathroom floor I decided to show more respect for cats from this day on. Seeing Angus perform this feat in the past I decided to go for it. I tried to mimic the way a cat jumps but I failed miserably and slammed into the piece of furniture under the sink. I cursed the person who had assured me that a cat always lands on her four paws. I landed on my face. It took me some time to get myself, or Angus for that matter, together. I gave up on the idea of trying to act like a cat. I exited the bathroom. I saw that Lynn had left her bedroom door open. I knew she had a huge mirror hanging on her wall. I ran in and jumped in front of it.
There was no point in trying to deny it. Two cat eyes were staring back at me. I was Angus, Lynn's cat. I tried to touch my face but had to sit down first. In the reflection of the mirror I saw how Angus moved his left front paw. I looked down. I flexed the muscle of my left arm and I saw the claw extending. I relaxed my arm and the claw disappeared again. I repeated that motion for some minutes then I glanced back at the mirror.
‘O god.’ I fell down and covered my face. That is how Lynn found her cat. He laid flat on his belly covering his eyes with his front paws.
“My my Angus, you are acting really strange today.” She squatted down and picked me up while giggling. She rubbed my belly mocking me. “You silly thing!”
It felt wonderful. I was really thankful that I had a fur because I felt goose bumps all over my body. I almost scared myself senseless when Angus started purring. It was deafening to me. There I was, in the arms of Lynn, purring my head off while she was rubbing my belly.
‘How am I ever going to explain this situation to my psychiatrist? I'm sure I am going to need one after this.’
Lynn took me to her living room and lay me down on her couch. She was still stroking me when the doorbell interrupted us and I could hear myself yelling at the front door in my mock Italian voice. I cursed myself for the interruption when Lynn left me to open her front door.
I jumped from the couch. I was getting better with this jumping thing. I saw my past self enter the room looking around. She handed the bottle of wine to Lynn and I could hear myself asking. “So where is that ugly cat of yours?”
By now I felt a connection with Angus and I was not amused with that remark. So I stared at myself trying my best to look angry. I felt victorious when I saw my past self turn her gaze away from me.
“That is not a normal cat, Lynn.” I heard myself say. “He just stared me down again. I am pretty sure he gave me an evil grin after doing so.”

I stood up and walked to the couch with my tail high in the air. I felt good about winning the staring contest. I jumped on the soft seat and nestled down. I had every intention of observing the night but the soft cushions and my comfortable position made me feel so good that I had to close my eyes, just for a second.

I woke up when I heard both women move around the house. I jumped down and stretched my front paws while yawning. I barely restrained the urge of licking my fur.
I saw how both women walked to the couch. I saw how I laid down. I closed my eyes feeling content. My instinct told me that I needed a nice warm place to recover from my little nap. So I walked over to my past self and jumped on top of me. I was amused by this situation.
I stared at my face. I saw my tired expression. Everybody was right. How could I not have seen this myself? I looked awful. My face had an unnatural pale look and I saw dark circles around my eyes.
I had to think this through so I missed the rest of the conversation.

When it all went quiet I returned to the actual situation. I noticed that I was sleeping. I turned my gaze to Lynn. She was looking at my sleeping form. I saw the concern in her eyes. I felt the urge to reassure her so I jumped down and strolled towards Lynn. I startled her when I jumped on her lap. She began stroking me absent-mindedly. I couldn’t help myself and I began purring.
Lynn spoke softly as not to wake my other self. “Nikki isn't looking that good, Angus. How can we make it clear to her that we are worried. If anything would happen to her I ...”
She didn’t finish that sentence but I heard her sad sigh. I looked at her face when she tickled me under my chin. I saw her looking at my resting form on her other couch. My body was stirring. I could hear how my past self was uttering words. I could feel Lynn moving under me. She pushed me off her lap and headed towards the couch where I was sleeping. She sat next to me, watching me intently. I could hear how I began crying.
Lynn started shaking my body, “Nikki honey, wake up.”

I experienced the rest as a third party. I saw how Lynn comforted me. It made me feel warm inside. Seeing it, made me relive the loving feeling. I was startled when I saw my quick retreat. I followed Lynn to the door. I could see that she didn’t move when she had closed it behind me. She was leaning against her front door.
I heard my past self outside the door. “There I go again! “Take a deep breath, Nikki and compose yourself.”
I saw Lynn putting her hand on her chest and taking a deep breath. So I was right, someone had been breathing with me that evening.
I noticed the sound of my footsteps walking away, how the car door slammed shut and the loud roar of the engine. Lynn did not move away from her front door until she heard my car leaving. She gave a sad sigh. She saw me staring at her.
She walked towards me and I could see that she had tears in her eyes. She picked me up and gave my head a soft kiss. I could feel her sigh in my fur when she whispered. “O Angus, if she only knew. But I don’t dare to tell her what I feel for her. How much I want her.”
She took me with her to her bedroom. I really didn’t want to see the hurt I caused. I had seen enough.
I closed my eyes, wishing that I wouldn't have to see more.

I heard the voice of my sunset lady. “You are back, Nikki.”
I sighed, “Lynn has feelings for me. Why didn’t I see that? What do I have to do now?”
“You will know it, Nikki. You have seen it in your dreams.”
I knew what she meant. She was talking about my heart. It was sick in every sense of the word. But the doctor would only be able to help cure the outer part. The deeper emotional dimension was up to me.
I had to talk to Lynn.

Last edited by Laurian on Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:45 pm 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Bravo Laurian, such imagination! A cat, no less LOL. I have often wondered what went on behind those eyes, now I know. They spy on us!

HugZ, Noni

Post Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:32 pm 
NitWhit

I love it! I was wondering when you were gonna come back

Post Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Laurian

Noni, you are spot on!
They spy on us. I asked my cat once. He just gave me an innocent stare denying all charges but... I caught him in the act of running to the neighbours cat and I am sure they were discussing the matter and ended up fighting about it. Laughing Don't get me wrong... I love cats but I am convinced that they only tolerate us. We are a pretty silly species in their mind and better than any soap on the television.

Hey Nitwhit, I am still here.
It would be so much easier if you girls all sat in my couch and I could just tell you what happens next... although some of the scenes coming up... hmmm... better type them. Wink

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:55 am 
NitWhit

Is your couch comfortable? And will there be snacks?

Post Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:21 am 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Snacks? Did someone mention snacks? Oh, I am so there........move over Nitwhit.

HugZ, Noni

Post Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:10 am 
PipSqueak

Soz, was sitting on the couch but not saying much!
"I'm enjoying the story Laurian, the cat chapter made me smile, so catlike, great observations!"

(Anyone want a flap jack?)

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:39 am 
Laurian

Nithwhit, Noni and PurpleUK,

Looks like my couch is popular. If only couches could speak... Smile
I have a very comfortable couch. Whenever I sit in it to relax for five minutes, it seems capable of fast forwarding time. I would sleep in it if I wasn't so in love with my bed. I could have the best of both worlds and simply throw the couch on the bed...
hmm.. let me think about that for a minute...

About the snacks. There can be only one correct answer -- > YES !!!!
Did you know that Belgium is famous for its chocolate? and do you know how good we are at creating delicious things covered in it.... heaven!!!

So where was I with this story? .. a yes, still in the process of typing the next part. Can I eat my flap jack while typing? Please? Pretty please.. with sugar on top?

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:09 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: