lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, humour, humor, humorous, lesbian humour, lesbian humor, 
humorous poetry,  humorous poems, humorous poem, humorous lesbian poetry, humorous lesbian poems, humorous lesbian poem, poem submissions,
poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, humour, humor, humorous, lesbian humour, lesbian humor, 
humorous poetry,  humorous poems, humorous poem, humorous lesbian poetry, humorous lesbian poems, humorous lesbian poem, poem submissions,
poetry submissions, poetry submission, lesbian poetry submission, lesbian poem submission, submit poetry, submit poem, submit poems, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem lesbian poetry, lesbian poems, lesbian poem, lesbian, poetry, poems, poem, humour, humor, humorous, lesbian humour, lesbian humor, 
submit lesbian poems, submit lesbian poem, submit lesbian poetry, submit poetry, submit poems, submit poem
BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Humorous Poetry

Broken Bottle Suicide

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
smart_cookie

Broken Bottle Suicide

Broken Bottle Suicide

Broken bottle, misery and gloom
I've taken the pills and sealed my doom
I'll leap from the window and blow out my brains
Plummet twelve floors and land in the lane
Life was too hard so I've ended it thus
Head in the oven, no muss and no fuss
I've slashed my wrists on the broken glass
Then climbed on a chair and hanged my ass
I leap from the ledge, this life I thus quit
My friends below shout, "jump, you dumb twit"
Sometimes I wonder why I was born
Turn on the gas, be found in the morn
Sometimes I wonder why it is thus
That I'm stepping in front of the Number Three bus
This is my suicide, death I embrace
Don't respond to this with a smiley face!

Post Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:00 am 
Clear

Snickers

Post Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:20 pm 
Happier Blue

Broken Bottle Suicide

O Cookie,

There is a great temptation to post 20 smiley faces here and nothing else. Your clever and darkly humored jab at emoticons is truly funny (Clear snickers!!!). Despite the fact that we are all writers here, we simply have to appreciate that any comment is a good one and often your work is so awesome that it leaves us all at a lost for words … though obviously not me.

Though they rarely comment by any means, I believe most if not all of the forum moderators are skilled in the use of emoticons and will gladly offer assistance to those of us who are unschooled in the proper use of these sometimes irksome creatures.

And as your own thoroughly brutalized body lies in state, smiley stickers will be handed out to all that have come to pay homage. Maybe time to consider cremation???

~Blue~
xxxx

Post Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:19 pm 
Avant-garde

Cookie,

You clever lil devil. Hope to see you on the other side then.

smiles,

Post Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:37 pm 
smart_cookie

The Ghost of Cookie replies:

Blue, don't you dare pass those out, Ed and I will haunt you forever if you do! Nancy, I have reserved a comfortable room here for you in the afterlife at a women only hotel complete with heated indoor pool and free buffet.

Snickering Clear is beyond my control.

Oh, and....

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

--Cookie

Post Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:12 pm 
Mdm Prez

cookie

You took a very delicate, serious subject and made it funny. Well Done!!
I came to read this several times and then passed, thinking how could suicide be humorous. But you treated it well and I actually laughed.

Good Job.

MdmPrez

Post Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:07 pm 
smart_cookie

Mdm Prez,

You raise a valid point, and one that I wrestled with, a bit. There are few topics more painful than suicide...but that is why I chose it. Here's why:

One too many times I saw a poem posted here at mels in which some brave poetess honestly delved into her pain and put it into poetic form, only to receive responses like

Very Happy

I joked to Clear that I tought I might write something like "Broken Bottle Suicide" or "Ode To A Wasting Disease" just to see if it, too, would garner smileys. Then...I did it. Afterwards, I did wonder if it wasn't horribly insensitive and perhaps needlessly injurious to any suicide survivor who might chance upon it. But in the end, my burning hatred of vapid shallow smiley responses got the better of me.

I am glad it made you laugh--that really was my intent--and thank you for responding.

--Cookie

Post Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:06 pm 
ae

Yr a wicked grl ...

Twisted Evil nah, not that. Not evil.

Just wicked...

semicolon hyphen close parentheses
"...a soul that wakes up to find itself wandering, unwanted, between the spheres."

Post Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:05 pm 
smart_cookie

quote:
Originally posted by ae:
Yr a wicked grl ...

Twisted Evil nah, not that. Not evil.

Just wicked...

semicolon hyphen close parentheses

semicolon hyphen capital "P"

Post Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:24 am 
Sunny

Cookie,
Somehow I missed this one until today. So fitting, huh? Well, OK no smileys for you. I'm actually inclined to put one of those little devilish faces here, but I won't do that either. You did a great job with this. I suspect a few folks will find this offensive. Serial suicide attempts are a way of life for some. I'm convinced they have no desire to really die, they just don't know how to ask for or accept help. It gets a bit tiresome when you're the one reaching out to help and the "laugh or cry" response eventually takes over. I prefer to laugh since I'm tired of crying, so thanks. I know that was not why you wrote this, but you tapped on two issues with this write, intentionally or not.

Sunny Cool
All poems posted by Sunny: ©2006 - 2007 Sunny (UN: Sunny at melswebs.com). All rights reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited. In other words, if you want to copy it, you need to get Sunny’s permission first.

Last edited by Sunny on Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:50 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: