BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT STORY FORUM GENERAL FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

Poetry Forum Index -> Other

It's Time

LifeVita6
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
doloroso

It's Time

-It’s Time-

It’s time for some tough talk in our land today.
It’s time for some tough decisions to be made.
We need to wake up and consider that we’ve been played.
We are told when we are in danger and when we are safe.
We show up at the polls, but what difference does it make?
We let the media tell us with whom we should be at war, and with whom to make peace.
We answer the call of patriotism, wave our flags, and fall in line just like sheep.
People look at me sideways when I dismiss the man I refuse to call President and some call Shrub.
His campaign for the war and his disdain for our own poor are really starting to rub.
He stands up and thumbs his nose with the rest of the world on the other side.
We see him speak to the UN, deny global environmental reform, and for some reason, we take pride.
Maybe it’s because with any challenge the testosterone starts to rise.
And to be honest, when we flex our muscles, who really wants to be on the other side?
But we, we want to change the world and make sure everything here stays the same.
We want to hold the power, make the decisions, push the buttons,
But have The Coalition share the bills and the blame.
The United Nations, the European Union, basically the whole world, extended a hand.
The Kyoto Agreements were a start, but taking care of Mother Earth was a demand.
Bush pulled us out because polluting less just didn’t fit into his plan,
And then, like his Daddy, he went and he drew a line in the sand.
Our freedom and our success I believe its all gone to our head.
We don’t really care that they are using a war to keep our economy out of the red.
We’ve torn Iraq apart finding Saddam and looking for Weapons of Mass Destruction.
What do you want to bet the next American hiring boom will involve foreign reconstruction?
But still, we expect to have jobs in our industrial nation.
Now we must ask ourselves if we want to continue fighting a war just to fight inflation?
I’ll leave you with your thoughts and hope you give it some serious deliberation, after a few more words and then Peace as a salutation.

It doesn’t make you a traitor to ask why.
It doesn’t make you a radical not to want the bombs to fly.
It doesn’t make you unpatriotic to sift through the rhetoric and find a lie.
It doesn’t make you crazy to question how Paul Wellstone died.
It doesn’t make you subversive to open up your eyes.
Peace

Post Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:42 am 
DanceofSorrows

Dol,

Welcome to the boards. And I agree that, to ask why is to be patriotic. I was extremely angry when the white house tried to side track the issues by the 'Support The Troops' campaign. Of course we support our troops, where ever they go or whatever they do, we support them giving thier time (taken away from thier families) and giving thier lives. And when one questioned anything about the war, that came up so often, more to side track than anything else. I am glad to see the ribbons on cars, I am glad they know that thier heartfelt dedication is so apprechiated! I am glad that people rally together having known many families that are so affected by wars, having seen off thier sons and daughters and fathers. Any war is heartbreaking. I don't have all the answers either. But I know damn well to have used that in calibration of sidetracking was pitiful. How dare they think we do not know how valuable each human life is, it is from our own families they are sent. And yes...the right to question our nations blood in generations is the right to preserve thier own life as well. Anyhow...

Dance~

Post Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:34 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: