BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

Experienced views needed!

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Mel26

Experienced views needed!

Hey everyone,

This is my first post, felt I needed to ask this...

Im in a relatively new relationship and me and my girlfriend are both young, 19 + 21. I have told both my parents and most of my closest friends about us. It was hard to do but I made myslef do it and I feel proud for doing so as I love my girlfriend very much.
Thing is, my girlfriend has told no one. She is closer to her parents relationship wise than I am with my own and she's constantly singing their praises about how wonderful they are and what they do for her so why wont she tell them?
Im afraid that she is ashamed of us and that as time goes on she'll find it harder and harder to bring it up.
Has anyone else been in my position?
Please help!

Thankyou, Mel x

Post Thu May 19, 2005 11:33 am 
kultis

Hey Mel!

Maybe your girlfriend is afraid to tell anyone. Specially to her parents, how they would react if she'd tell them? In the past, has she told ever to her closest friends that she's dating?

She might be ashamed, it could be something else too. Maybe she's afraid how people would react if they see you two together. Do you live in a small city? That might affect it too - the word will go fast to others (I know it!)

Have you talked about it? I know I tell this to everyone that they should talk, even though I can't do it myself! It's easier to say than do!

kultis

Post Thu May 19, 2005 12:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
wyldhart

hi babe..welcome to the site...mmmnn...instead of thinking about the why's and maybe's...you should sit down and talk about it...the basis of a good solid relationship is built on many things, but always know that communication is key. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain~insight.

warm hugs
wyld

Post Thu May 19, 2005 9:11 pm 
chame70

Listen to Wyld.....

she is a WISE womyn...
hugs
chame

Post Thu May 19, 2005 9:18 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
wyldhart

....runs and jumps on Chame...full body hug....((BABE!!!!)) you know we've missed you like crazy!!...it's fabulous that you are back~slow smile~and thanks for the compliment, sugar...you too, are a Wise Woman...with depth and complexity...and i'm glad you are back!!~big smile~

warm hugs
wyld

Post Thu May 19, 2005 9:28 pm 
chame70

Right back at ya

Hi Wyld,
Slowly, I'm coming back. Thank you for the compliments, hugs and good vibes in general. Thank all at Mel's!!!!!!!
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Wyldhart))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
chame

Post Thu May 19, 2005 10:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: