BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Moans & Groans

Just another PRIME example of greed in a sub prime world

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Kewl

Just another PRIME example of greed in a sub prime world

It's really a shame that folks wanting to go see a concert are now at the mercy of credit
card companies if they want a shot at getting good seats. American Express--SHAME ON YOU--
for taking away the fairness of free enterprise... by allowing those who carry your card in their wallet the ability to preorder ... and I dare say it's not the two or four ticket folks making these purchases. Your corporate greed enables
filthy sharks to buy mass amounts of tickets and then SCALP them at ridiculous prices.
while other's stand in line for hours.. .sometimes days in support of their favorite artists.
Most recently.. the Taylor Swift concert that sold out in 15 mins due to this greed . Those standing in line were told * sorry*

Even though I got my tickets ( not through them)......

I think this should be taken back to State elections and should be illegal for any enterprise
to acquire mass holdings of tickets. Especially since it's the TAXPAYER dollars that build the arena's that attract the performers. Record companies... you're not off the hook either !!
Since you handed over the ability to allow American Express the right to presell .. you took away much more from the fan base. You took away other monies that could be spent on merchandise which in turn generates more revenue for the cities hosting the event... which in turn leads to jobs. You took away some child's dream .... and you took away a parent's dream to share that memory with their child.

My favorite author is George Orwell and his book Animal Farm speaks the truth !! ~some are more equal than other's because they carry a plastic card in their wallet that gives them an advantage over the less equal person~

Of course this is exaggerated but it's supposed to be !

There are still many in this world who need to be educated on what is fair .
( ye-- I know life isn't fair ) but I'm doing my part and have been over the last several months to
make decisions based on what matters to me . I don't just pick up any box of sugar now .. I'm conscious of the fact that someone may have lost their life .

Oh well.. I could go on .. but for now will table this .

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: