BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Moans & Groans

Complaint.

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Mairi bheag

Complaint.

I'm sorry, but locking my latest thread, which I did not intend to be a continuation of the "Dear so-and-so" thread (the thread title said as much) was unwarranted. Is that what being a moderator involves these days?

That shows me how welcome I am (not) back here posting at Mels.

I am sorry I never got the chance to reply to the two friendly messages, and to indulge in some banter with DG, but that's site politics for you!

Thank you and good bye!

Mb

(edited - I had entitled the thread "Compliant" by mistake. Ha!)

Post Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:15 pm 
melons
Site Admin

(((((((((Mair))))))))))

I'm so sorry you're upset with your thread being locked for the time being, please do not see this as personal to you because it truly isn't. I have also left you an msn message.

Moderators and Admin on this site, at some time will make a decision that someone, somewhere does not like but each decision is made in an attempt to retain harmony. The Dear so and so thread was locked to preserve that harmony and prevent perpetuation of disharmony. Your thread was not a 'dear so and so' but it could have been misconceived as such or perpetuated it and therefore, was locked until further notice. I uphold the moderators decision to lock the thread for the time being.

You are still able to reply to your posts, you can reply here and link to the post in question or Pm privately or email. Certainly no one has said you are not welcome on this site, Mair. and didn't I tell you the other week on msn that I miss your witty retorts on the site *smiling....

Your Brit friend,

Mel

Post Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:40 pm 
Mairi bheag

Mel, I'm sorry you uphold the moderator's action. It was arbitrary. My thread was not even developing into a continuation of the other thread. I don't like saying this, but it wouldn't have happened "in my day".

I think it's disingenuous to say my thread has been locked "until further notice". We both know it will remain locked until it drops off the page, and probably after that (when presumably, I have forgotten all about it). The first thing I knew about it being locked was when I tried to send a "witty retort" to DG - nothing about a "dear so-and-so".

It's not so much that anyone has told me I am not welcome, it is that I have had two threads wheeched from under my feet in the space of 24 hours, one of which was my own. Under the circumstances no one actually has to "say" anything to make me feel unwelcome. And like I said, I'm only sorry you uphold the decision.

Mb
xx

Post Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:21 pm 
Mairi bheag

Mel we had a private discussion about this and sorted out the misunderstandings - sorry I was a wee bit abrupt with you, and thank you for reinstating this thread. All I need now is for DG to turn up here and give me another Aussie earful! Smile

Mb
xx

Post Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:22 am 
chordphrute

Sorry I'm not DG, but in light of it... I'll give you an earful Wink

Post Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:43 am 
Mairi bheag

quote:
Originally posted by chordphrute:
Sorry I'm not DG, but in light of it... I'll give you an earful Wink

Ooh! A Big Easy earful! Bring it on! Very Happy

Mb
xx

Post Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:59 am 
chordphrute

(I love that the only considerably active thread on the forums has been shut down because people can't handle their own drama)...

Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:57 am 
Mairi bheag

quote:
Originally posted by chordphrute:
(I love that the only considerably active thread on the forums has been shut down because people can't handle their own drama)...

(I think it was a matter of life suddenly imitating art, and people being able to identify S*-and-S*s who are on the forum, when the thread was supposed to be addressed to people who aren't . The idea itself is very cathartic, quite inspired; if it had worked, it could have run and run for a lot longer. But it was an easy trap to fall into - I nearly did so myself, but I am able to talk to the S*-and-S* in question Smile )

Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:52 am 
wishonastar

I vote the offending posts be removed and the thread unlocked! i could really use that thread right now. i would start a new one but dont want to be banned. Please Mel, Admins and Mods, consider that option.

respectfully your
Star

Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:56 am 
Mairi bheag

quote:
Originally posted by wishonastar:
I vote the offending posts be removed and the thread unlocked! i could really use that thread right now. i would start a new one but dont want to be banned. Please Mel, Admins and Mods, consider that option.

respectfully your
Star

Star, I think it might be good to take that up privately with Mel. Turning Devil's Advocate for a minute, I can see how some people might feel singled out if their posts were removed; one would be obliged to remove replies also. (Jings, I remember what a heck of a job being a Mod used to be!)

Mb
xx

Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:38 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: