BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Moans & Groans

The "Not-the-dear-so-and-so-thread" thread

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mairi bheag

The "Not-the-dear-so-and-so-thread" thread

I don't come here much, and I only just found the "Dear so-and-so" thread, and it's locked and there is so much more I wanted to get off my chest. Sad

Mb
xx

Post Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:21 am 
DamagedGoods

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Mb}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Sit down, pull up a pew, tell us all about it... maybe you could try dear such and such... thats very different from so and so, and therefore couldn't possibly be an issue! Razz So get comfy and vent away....

... just before you do could you just write my microbiology assignment on MRSA for me, there's a good dear. *Ducks and runs*

Exclamation DG

Seriously... just 1500 words... not much to ask!

*Wanders off with a sigh to get back to work*
All poems posted by me, unless otherwise stated, are written by me, DamagedGoods, and are ©2002-2009 and must not be used anywhere else without written permission and my copyright details in tact. Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:40 am 
pharos

quote:
Originally posted by Mairi bheag:

I don't come here much, and I only just found the "Dear so-and-so" thread, and it's locked and there is so much more I wanted to get off my chest. Sad

Mb
xx

I'm glad you liked my Dear So and So thread, Mairi and it's great to see you posting again.

Some things, I would like to say to all the members here...

I'm honoured that my thread had so many replies and that those replies were not only about venting, even if my introductory post was actually a moan/groan. Eventually, however, the members on this site gave it their own personal touch and didn't only vent about things or lash out. Instead, they also posted Dear So and So's which were marked by sincere and deep thankfulness or love. If I'm not mistaken, Chordphrute was the first to do this (thank you, Chordy) and since then, I personally stopped seeing it as a Moan and Groan thread and I know others did too.

Also, even though the "correct" way was not to comment on other people's posts, some did-me included-, but as long as it was done with respect, giving out a hug to the person who was venting or showing some kind of support, I saw nothing wrong in that. Besides, we are women and we are sentimental beings. So, nothing wrong with going along with our nature. Smile

What I'm trying to say here is that every single woman that posted on this thread put her own individual touch and made it... wonderful. I'm pretty sure that that is why it was so popular. The understanding and the respect to what others might be going through, even if that was done through a simple nod or sigh behind the screen... Realising that we are not alone in what we feel... Observing people process... Getting an ocassional hug… Simple things, really.

It's obvious that something did go wrong along the way or else the thread wouldn’t have been locked, but let’s not forget that we are all human. We all have feelings and personal opinions which we like to express and should, of course. But since this is a community and rules should be applied to ensure the healthy flow of the site, maybe it would be a good idea for now to leave it to the Admins/Mods to deal with the problems that unfortunately occurred on it. I'm sure they will do everything necessary for the site's and members’ interest.

I hope everyone has a beautiful and relaxing Sunday.

Hugs
Pharos

Post Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:14 am 
Phoenix
Moderators

The dear so and so threads are locked until further notice per Dark.

Please do not start another dear so and so per dark who is in bed trying to sleep through pain. Let's not make dark get out of bed under the influence! LOL...

Phoenix

Post Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:15 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: