BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Moans & Groans

Growing Pains

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Laurian

Growing Pains

This weekend I am going away with my baby brother. He is 20 years younger than me. (he is 15 now Wink my father remarried a younger woman after my mom died.)
However, the little one is struggling at the moment. He had a very bad year in school and the teachers gave up on him telling his parents that he has to change school to get a fresh start. Now he is stuck with what to do. He has taken his parents divorce pretty hard but I suspect there is more to it than just that.
So this weekend I am taking him camping *groan* to show him that I am on his side and give him the chance to talk about all of his worries. His parents asked me for my help because he shuts down when they try talking to him. They think he might open up to me. In their mind he adores my crazy personality and my stubborn disregard for following the mainstream Very Happy
He is really looking forward to it. But ... how am I going to survive a boy in puberty !!! O.o
But above all .. how I wish I could just make growing up so much easier for him. I sometimes forget how I hated my life at his age. Poor thing...

Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:08 am 
PipSqueak

Soz, have been away this weekend. How did it go?

Post Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:57 pm 
Laurian

We just arrived home. I could have prepared better by reading the book ‘how to survive a teenager’ Smile
My respect for all who are a mother with teens has grown even more. The only thing they think about is food Very Happy But we had some very good talks. Lets hope that they will result in something.
We even found something that he would like to do later in life. I just hope that he will do the studying that it requires...

Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:48 am 
PipSqueak

Maybe Noni should have warned you...glad it went well. Very Happy

Post Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:28 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: