BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Moans & Groans

I wish...

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
storybellz

I wish...

You know how when you least expect it, little longings creep into your thoughts, and overwhelm every other? Well...i had a longing today, that tops them all!

Today, I wished that i could just erase my entire life, and start all over again!

(Oh, where's the EZ button, when i need it?! Sigh...)

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:04 am 
SexyKaz

So sorry you felt like that story.I can totally relate though.I have felt like that on more than 1 occassion.Hang in there it will get better. Wink

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:09 am 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

I do understand Story but look at it this way, everything that happens to us in life, good or bad, contributes in some way to the person we are. If
you erase your life up to now, you'd be wasting a lot of experiences that have shaped the YOU you are today.

No, you cant change the past, but you can initiate everyday what your future will be, so start today Very Happy

HugZ, Noni

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:00 am 
storybellz

Thanks, ladies.

Ya know, if i can't throw away my years, i wish i could at least throw away all my stuff---all the material items that have accumulated over time, and are now making me visually chock at the sight

But, the craziest part about this whole thought-process is that even though i wish to be free of all my material trappings, i also can't bare to take the plunge. I mean, my closet is jam-packed (figuratively and literaly speaking!) with things i don't even use or wear! But, the task of actually deciding what stays and what goes is just so difficult for me. Thus, i end-up doing nothing...And, so the vicious cycle continues... Rolling Eyes

But, you ladies did give some good advice! So, i'll try my best...

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:37 am 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

OK, now here is something I CAN give you some very positive advice about. You are already beginning to understand that possessions and 'stuff' weigh us down and wear us out. Try this, it worked for me (well so did leaving my home and going to live with my love in another country for a year LOL, all I had was what fitted into 2 suitcases)

Get yourself a large box, go thru your closet and put any item of clothing that you havent worn in the past year ie 4 seasons, you dont have to throw them away, just put them in the box, mark the date on the top and store it somewhere. You dont have to do all your stuff at one time, make smaller boxes if that suits you and makes the task less onerous. Write the date of each box on a calendar or pad somewhere on your desk, at the end of that year whatever you havent wanted and retrieved goes OUT! If you have taken nothing from the box, dont even open it, just take it to the nearest charity shop.

Beleive me, this works. Baby step hon, you can do it.

HugZ, Noni

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:46 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: