BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Moans & Groans

Are we meant to be monogamous?

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Floridagirl

Are we meant to be monogamous?

Hi ladies,

I've just been wondering lately if human beings are meant to be monogamous. I have normally, in the past, been very much a one-woman woman; however, lately I'm finding myself interested in this one and that one. I'm in a relationship of 5 years, as I said before, but I don't know what is going on with me!!

Post Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:58 pm 
RunninAway

Personally, I believe in monogamy, because I have difficulty separating sex and emotion. But I will admit I enjoy flirting with the ladies in the chat and being flirted with, although I never act on it. I had a wonderful weekend where I was the object of a lot of it, from both my girlfried and others, but it was all fun, because I know I would never go anywhere with the others, I couldn't hurt her that way

I wonder if you aren't getting the "7-year itch" a few years early. It's human nature once things are comfortable to look for some spice, but it's also that nature that keeps us from acting on all our impulses.

On the other hand, monogomy isn't for everyone. I bet there are lots of relationships where there are extra curricular activites going on, and it's OK with both parties. You just have to know what's right for you and your girl.

Post Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:33 pm 
undone

well, i favor monogamy, but sometimes after a breakup of a relationship that's one has been in for a long time, one starts dating and getting interested in a lot of women. i still want to be only with my ex but she keeps telling me to get lost and sooner or later, as much it hurts, i probably will since i was in the closet way too long,

undone

Post Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:07 pm 
chame70

Monogamous?????

Go Rubygee!!!!! I agree with you. I myself when very young, wasn't monogamous but as i got into my middle twenties, i did become a "one womyn womyn" . I was in a five year relationship which ended this last year and during that time, i was 100% monogamous. I still find it hard to go out. At the same time, I do find myself more and more attracted to different womyn. If i was with someone again, I would probably be monogamous but in the meantime, i really feel like being the local "lesbian slut" and sleep around so I guess whatever sails your boat.

Post Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:00 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Phoenix
Moderators

Very good topic, one near and dear to my heart. I think for most people the fear of losing one's partner to another who has caught their fancy is what makes monogamy feel so safe, and know where the boundaries are. I have known couples who did have an open relationship that lasted 20 years or more. For them it worked. There was no fear of losing the partner with them.

pho

Last edited by Phoenix on Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:11 am 
chame70

Monogamy

Brat,
You hit it right on. It works for some, not for others. I agree with you about the 3 or 4somes. As long as its not with good friends. When everybody has more personal/emotional ties problems seem to arise. What I found was that someone's feelings end up being hurt, someone's attention on someone else caused insecurity, someone didn't get the attention they wanted or expected, I could go on, we get the idea. I haven't been involved in something like hat in a while but I will admit that right now, where I'm at in my life, if it was in front of me, I would probably partake. As long as it wasn't with close friends, couples who i want to keep being close with as friends.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
hugs
chame

Post Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: