BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Member Introductions

hi

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
choices_made

hi

I'm an old member under a new name.

When I was here before my behaviour got me banned and rightly so. There is no excuse for why I behaved as I did, I won’t try and justify anything but I am saying sorry and offer an unreserved apology to every one of you old and new.

Some of you already know I’ve been around again for a while, reading the boards and in chat occasionally but I can not in all conscience continue to lurk without saying who I am or rather who I was, I’m not that person any more.

My old user names were sensual/debut.

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:35 am 

Welcome back, Choices. I'm glad you are on a new path and I respect you for it. Enjoy your friends here. Be well. Sincerely, "J"

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:06 pm 
choices_made

Thank you J, your welcome is greatly appreciated.

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:51 pm 
Angel1
Moderators

Hey (((((((((((((((((Choices)))))))))))))))))))))))
No matter what the name you'll always be held very dear to me my friend. Very Happy Welcome back to *Mels*((((((((((huge hugs)))))))) it's good to see you back again sweetie,I have missed you. Crying or Very sad

with all my love and respect
Angel x x x Exclamation Exclamation

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:56 pm 
choices_made

Thank you Angel, I missed you too *hugs*

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:40 pm 
Allison

Welcome back. See you soon in chat Wink

Alli

Post Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
choices_made

Thanks Alli, I'll make it back in there soon...... still can't spell though Rolling Eyes

Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:48 pm 
Alpenglow

Welcome back, choices. Smile

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:51 pm 
choices_made

Thanks alp, your welcome means a lot to me *smiles*

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:07 pm 
Dark prism

I don't understand this.

If someone has been banned, why are they being welcomed back?

Doesn't being banned mean forever?

I was not one of the people that was hurt by this person, but I knew others who were.

So, does banning now just mean that they aren't allowed back until they pick a clever new name?

I always knew that a banned person might be able to sneak under the radar and come back with another name and IP address, but to be welcomed back by mods? I just don't get that. Maybe I don't understand the definition of being banned at Mels.

Can someone enlighten me?

Dp

Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:49 am 
Alpenglow

quote:
Originally posted by Dark prism:
I was not one of the people that was hurt by this person, but I knew others who were. Dp

Exactly, Dp. You were not the one hurt. I was, since I was her girlfriend for a year before her deception and for some months after that when I forgave her and gave her another chance. I was the one who she conversed with under two usernames at the same time in chat. I was the one who was suspicious and confronted her more than once and got negative answers to all my questions. Friends or crushes on this site could never and will never ever feel the pain that I felt. Have you ever felt like you were going insane, Dp? Did anyone else feel they were going insan because of this deception? Does anyone still hurt over it? Did the others lose friends over it? I don't think so.

It's been a year and a half and I'm still healing, Dp. I never brought this on the boards, I never vented, because I thought it would be inappropriate, but honestly, hun, it stings a great deal to see you mention "those who were hurt" after I have welcomed her back on this thread, like you are disregarding me and my pain. People can do strange things in their attempt to alleviate the pain of the past. I welcomed her back in an attempt to reconciliate with the past. It didn't help much, but baby steps are better than none I think.

I was furious too when the mods welcomed "choices" back for the exact same reasons you were, but then I thought that I couldn't do anything about it, could I? Mods are also people and like I forgave her in the past, maybe they feel she also deserves a second chance. I also couldn’t do anything about “friends” who knew she had been in chat for months and kept me in the dark. But a Mod is not a God. They are also human.

Overall, I think that showing a human face on a women's site is not negative. If people have the right to tell me to get over this, because it's all in the past, and if I have the strength to welcome her back, then I also have the right to ask you to just let go of this and, please, don't scratch wounds that are still not healed.

*hugs* Alpen

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:16 am 
Dark prism

You are blaming me for re-opening unhealed wounds? Talk about misplaced aggression. Rolling Eyes

Actually Alpen, I knew that you were one of the ones that was hurt by her, but I was actually closer to someone else at the time that was also hurt by her, so that is who I was thinking of, and I have every right to feel protective over whomever I want to feel protective over, and I do not need your permission for that.

Don't I have the right as well as every other woman on these boards to be protected from that happening again if the Mods are aware of it? If that isn't an issue, then why was she banned in the first place?

Actually, I guess who I want to protect now, is the next gal that she may potentially do the same thing to, not you or the other woman I know, that is in the past and you have every right to leave it there, but I don't want to see the next gal have to suffer the way you two did, and with as many women who come here and are vulnerable and need people they can depend on to be supportive about their problems, I want to keep the predators from hurting them. I was once one of those vulnerable women not that long ago, and I have talked to many of them, and the mother lioness comes out in me at the thought of any woman being victimized, especially when they are at a low point in their lives.

The Mods always say they are here to protect us. That's all I'm asking for. That and a reason why the rules don't seem to apply for this person.

Dp

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:40 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: