BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Moans & Groans

Bad timing!

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
bellatrix_18

Bad timing!

After 4/5 years of loving my best friend I finally feel I have moved on Very Happy Met a wonderful woman a year and a half ago and have been so unbelievably happy with her. Our relationship is absolutely perfect and it couldn't be better.

Then my friend basically tells me that she has always been in love with me. So... after being blatently and painfully rejected by her previously, she is now telling me that she felt the same way.

I love my girlfriend more than anything and this new revelation changes nothing but hey... thought I'd moan and groan about this awful timing Confused

It definately feels a bit crappy and confusing when the person you loved for so long says that to you... Just thought I'd get it off my chest.

Post Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:27 am 
storybellz

Oh gosh! I definitly feel for ya. I can almost see myself in the same situation, if i ever move on from my best friend, in the future (but hopefully, any feelings she has for me will surface, before the triangle forms).

I can see how this is a bit confussing for you. But, one thing's for sure, you are one very loved lady, you lucky woman, you Wink

Post Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:51 am 
Eilidh
Moderators

Have you been completely open and honest with your friend about the situation? Have you been completely open and honest with your current girlfriend?

All relationship labels and intricacies aside, I agree with storybellz: you are one very loved woman.

~Eilidh

Post Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:27 pm 
nobodysangel

I was lucky enough at one point in my life to be loved by my best friend. And boy did I ever love that woman!! She was the sun, the moon and the stars to me!! I'd have moved heaven and hell just to see a smile on her beautiful face. Crying or Very sad It's even harder to watch the one you love move on. When that happens you have to move on as well. True love always finds a way. Wink I have to believe in that or there is no need to go on.... Arrow

Post Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:51 pm 
csan

Bellatrix,

I hear ya. In my case, it wasn't my best friend, but one of my friends. I had known her for a few years. I met her through my best friend and I would only see her at the get-togethers that our friends have once a month. I was attracted to her right away but I never let her know this. I kept the attraction I felt for her to myself. I would always enjoy going to the parties once a month so that I can spend time with her and see her beautiful smile. I wanted to let her know how I felt but was so afraid that she wouldn't feel the same so I never said anything. Then, I met someone else and me and this other girl became girlfriends. I introduced her to my friends at one of our get-togethers and the girl I had always been attracted to was there as well. I think from that night, she realized that she also had some feelings for me too. Well, some time passed, and at another party, she made her feelings known to me. She told me that she had always been attracted to me and that I always made her feel special when I was near her. When she was telling me this, all I could think of was, "why couldn't you tell me this before I got together with my girlfriend, why, why why?" I did love my gf but we were on different pages and it was a long distance relationship that I later found out had no chance of ever working out. Now that I am single, I have pursued this girl and she and I go out on dates when we get the chance. She is going through a long-awaited divorce so we are taking things slow. I am willing to wait for her for as long as it takes. I have waited before and I will wait longer if I have to. For now I am happy to have the opportunity to go out with her every now and then. Bellatrix, I wish you and your gf lots of happiness together. Thanks for sharing your situation. I thought I'd share mine too. Laughing

Post Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:38 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
bellatrix_18

Thanks for the replies and shared experiances everyone. I gotta admit I didn't think being loved was so difficult!!! Rolling Eyes

I have been honest with both my friend and girlfriend about everything. My girlfriend seems a bit jealous and wont really admit it... but we are still great together. My best friend, she seems dead inside to be honest, which breaks my heart because I do love her so much... just not in the way she needs.

I guess I know from experiance that the only thing that can help in this situation is the long passing of time. I just hate to think of her going through the same thing I went through.

Thanks so much for listening x

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:04 am 
storybellz

quote:
Originally posted by bellatrix_18:
Thanks for the replies and shared experiances everyone. I gotta admit I didn't think being loved was so difficult!!! Rolling Eyes

I have been honest with both my friend and girlfriend about everything. My girlfriend seems a bit jealous and wont really admit it... but we are still great together. My best friend, she seems dead inside to be honest, which breaks my heart because I do love her so much... just not in the way she needs.

I guess I know from experiance that the only thing that can help in this situation is the long passing of time. I just hate to think of her going through the same thing I went through.

Thanks so much for listening x

After reading your latest post, i wanted to let you know how much i do admire your careful thoughtfulness in regard to your situation. I especially admire how you haven't let this emotional tug-of-war embitter you to love. Yes, the way you are trying to look-out for the feelings of all involved, and the way you aren't taking anything for granted... that's just beautiful!

Hmmm... come to think of it, similiarly, maybe my best friend staying away is just her way of looking out for me too?... Mmmmm mmmm good....i like that thought Idea

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:06 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: