BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Moans & Groans

I'm so sad and very disappointed need a hug
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Angel1
Moderators

I'm so sad and very disappointed need a hug

I am so sad and very disappointed today Crying or Very sad .... my sisters had asked me to go on holiday with them to * Corfu * for a two week break, i called to see if i could find a * holiday insurance* company that would give me cover and i was refused insurance on the grounds that i have too many health problems and that i would be a liability
I did have a problem finding insurance last year but since then i have got three more health problems so they told me that they couldn't insure me against....
(1) Osteoporosis
(2)Rheumatoid Arthritis
(3)Fibromyalgia
(4)Asthma
(5)Angina
(6)Depression
(7) Irritable bowel syndrome

They did say that they would insure me against anything other than these health problems....... geez there's nothing much left so i have decided that it's way too risky to go on holiday bearing in mind if i break a leg or any bones..... I'm not covered... if i have a heart attack or angina attack and end up in hospital... i will have to pay for the treatment myself and the same goes for all of the other illnesses too. Rolling Eyes

Needless to say i am feeling very tearful right now....... it would have been our first holiday together all 3 sisters Maybe I'll win the lottery, then i won't have to worry about accidents Smile

with my love to you all
((((((hugs))))))
Angel x x x

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:12 pm 
Tracey

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Angelkins)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

so sorry hun! i know how much you want to go

sometimes i wonder... ' why is that frisbee getting bigger'... and then it hits me

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:15 pm 
Phoenix
Moderators

Hi angel,

I'm sorry you are feeling sad. I want to encourage you though to rethink your decision. Most people want travel insurance for those really devastating accidents and illnesses than can happen. Of all the things you listed the only one that might concern me is the Angina. Are they unwilling to insure against heart attack? Or is it if you get a bout of chest pain they won't pay for a dr. visit? If you have the other stuff handled and have medications for it, I would probably go, but I do understand your concerns.

I hope you can work something out.

Hugs,

Phoenix

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:17 pm 
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

(((((((((((((((((((Angel)))))))))))))))))))))))))

I understand the frustrations of medical problems.

I finally got my medicare approved but there's no way I can get any type of private insurance in general or for a holiday. I'll face the same problem as you whenever my doc thinks I can handle a long flight.

My lumbar and cervical fusions can cause so many other problems that the insurance world won't touch me. Shocked

Big hugs

Jan

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:51 pm 
Hawaiian

(((((((((((((Angel))))))))))))))))

I don't have a song this time, but how about a Exclamation

~Miki

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:23 pm 
melons
Site Admin

(((((((((((((((Angel))))))))))))))))

There still may be a rainbow of hope on the horizon for you Smile

If I'm not mistaken, Corfu is a member of the EU, in which case you can apply for an EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) which is free for all Citizens of the EU (which includes us Brits Smile lol)........and......... the EHIC covers treatment for chronic diseases, or existing illnesses!!

Heres the info for you, below.....

luv'n'hugs,

Mel x

The quickest way to get a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is to apply online. You can also apply by phone, or by post, but this will take longer.

An EHIC entitles you to free, or reduced-cost, medical treatment, if you become ill, or have an accident, while you're visiting Europe. From 2005, the EHIC card replaced the E111 form which is no longer valid..

There are three ways to apply for an EHIC:

Apply online - see the 'further information' section below. Your card will be delivered within seven days.
Apply by phone - call 0845 606 2030. Your card will be delivered within 10 days.
Apply by post - complete a printed form, available from your local post office, and send it to EHIC Applications, PO Box 1115, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE99 1SW. Your card will be delivered within 21 days.
There is no charge for an EHIC.

Every family member needs to have their own EHIC.

You can apply for all your family's cards at the same time. As well as your own EHIC, you can get cards for:

your spouse, or partner, and
any children up to the age of 16 (or 19 if they are in full-time education).
When you apply, for each person, you will need:

their first names and surname (family name),
date of birth, and
NHS number, or national insurance (NI) number.
Who is eligible for an EHIC?If you're a UK national (citizen) who normally lives in the UK, an EHIC entitles you to free, or reduced-cost, medical treatment when you're visiting Europe. However, it's not valid if:

you're going to live in Europe, or
getting medical treatment is the main purpose of your trip.
Some non-UK nationals living in the UK can also apply for an EHIC. However, there are some restrictions, depending on your nationality. For example, EHICs for some non-UK nationals are not valid in Switzerland.

For more information about eligibility, see the link to the Department of Health website in the 'further information' section.

How long is the EHIC valid for?The EHIC lasts for five years. When your EHIC expires, you can renew it:

using the online form,
by phone - call 0845 605 0707, or
by post, as described above.
Where is the EHIC valid?The EHIC is valid when you visit a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. EEA countries include:

all countries in the European Union (EU),
Iceland,
Liechtenstein, and
Norway.
Although it's not a member of the EEA, or the EU, Switzerland has an EHIC agreement with the EU.

For a full list of countries where the EHIC is valid, see the link to the Department of Health website in the 'further information' section.

What treatment does the EHIC cover?The EHIC entitles you to state-provided medical treatment only. Private treatment is not usually covered.

If you need treatment due to an accident, or illness, it will be provided free, or at a reduced cost. However, some treatment that is free under the NHS in the UK will not necessarily be free in other countries. You may have to make a contribution to the cost of your care, but this can usually be covered by private travel insurance.

The EHIC covers treatment for chronic diseases, or existing illnesses. If you're pregnant, it also covers routine maternity care while you're away.

The EHIC does not cover going to an EEA country, or Switzerland, specifically to get medical treatment, or to have a baby. Different rules apply - see the Department of Health website for more information.

Remember that even with an EHIC, it's still advisable to take out full travel insurance in order to ensure that you're covered for all eventualities.

Lost and stolen EHICsIf you lose your EHIC, or it's stolen in the UK, you should apply for a replacement card:

by phone - call the EHIC Enquiries Line on 0845 605 0707, or 0845 606 2030, or
by post.
If you're abroad when your EHIC is lost, or stolen, you can wait until you get back to apply for a replacement. However, if you need medical treatment while you're away, you'll need to apply for an EHIC Provisional Replacement Certificate from the Department for Work and Pensions (see 'useful contacts' in the 'further information' section). If necessary, someone else can apply for this certificate on your behalf.

If you need to call the EHIC Enquiries Line from outside the UK, the number is +44 191 203 5555.

Further information: Which EU countries offer free or reduced treatment to visitors?
I'm pregnant - what documents do I need to take when travelling?
Travel health
Travel health zone
Application for European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) (NHS Business Services Authority)
The EHIC: free or reduced-cost treatment (Department of Health)
Applying for a European Health Insurance Card (Department of Health)
What to do if you lose your EHIC (Department of Health)
Going to another European country in order to get treatment (Department of Health)
EHIC and health advice for travellers (Department of Health)
Useful contacts for queries about EHICs (Department of Health)

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:53 pm 
cupcakes

<3

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:21 am 
Eilidh
Moderators

Mel called it; I was just thinking the same exact thing.
I know lots of people who have applied for the EU travel insurance without any difficulties, regardless of current health. Give it a try!

Hugs,
Eilidh

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:18 am 
DamagedGoods

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Angel}}}}}}}
Ohhhh I am so crossing my fingers, toes, ears, eyes... hell even my tonsils for this to be the answer for you!! Angel, you're such a sweetie and you so so so deserve this! I will be sending a million good thoughts your way!

{{{{{{{{{{{Mel}}}}}}}}}}}}}} You deserve a huge hug too, cos no matter whether this works or not, you're amazing in your knowledge and ability to be there for everyone when it REALLY matters. You're the best!

Exclamation DG
All poems posted by me, unless otherwise stated, are written by me, DamagedGoods, and are ©2002-2009 and must not be used anywhere else without written permission and my copyright details in tact. Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:07 pm 
Angel1
Moderators

quote:
Originally posted by Tracey:
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Angelkins)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

so sorry hun! i know how much you want to go

((((((((Traceykins))))))))))
Awwwwww thank you for your reply sweetie Exclamation Yes i really would like to go if at all possible... Rolling Eyes

With all my love
((((((((hugs)))))))))
Angel x x x Exclamation

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:55 pm 
Angel1
Moderators

quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix:
Hi angel,

I'm sorry you are feeling sad. I want to encourage you though to rethink your decision. Most people want travel insurance for those really devastating accidents and illnesses than can happen. Of all the things you listed the only one that might concern me is the Angina. Are they unwilling to insure against heart attack? Or is it if you get a bout of chest pain they won't pay for a dr. visit? If you have the other stuff handled and have medications for it, I would probably go, but I do understand your concerns.

I hope you can work something out.

Hugs,

Phoenix

(((((((((((Phoenix)))))))))))) Exclamation
Thank you so much for your kind words,i have been to Citizens Advice Bureau today and they told me that if an insurance company decided not to insure then that's their prerogative,but i will not give up, i am looking on the INTERNET to see if anyone else will insure me.

(1)
The main concerns that i have are My Asthma because i have a very small window where i can be ok one minute and then i can go down hill rapidly , when this happens i have to be hospitalised and have to have nebulisers and steroid treatment. Rolling Eyes

(2)
I am worried about my Angina naturally and they will not inure me against heart attack , anything to do with Angina, or any other of the illnesses that i have mentioned.

(3) My bone disease because if i fall and break my back i would have to pay a serious amount of money for treatment and for transport back home.

I have actually broken bones whilst i have been on holiday so this really does worry me, my bones are fragile.If i could just get insurance for these 3 main health problems it would be ok but the insurance company said that they work out the liability due to the amount of points that you acru with each health problem!

I am still searching to see if i can find someone who will insure me and i am not going to give up easily Wink

Bless you and thank you for your help, it means so much to me that the ladies here are so supportive, i am so blessed to be here amongs you all. Very Happy Arrow

((((((hugs))))))
Angel x x x Exclamation

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:39 pm 
Angel1
Moderators

quote:
Originally posted by DarkChyldesKiss:
(((((((((((((((((((Angel)))))))))))))))))))))))))

I understand the frustrations of medical problems.

I finally got my medicare approved but there's no way I can get any type of private insurance in general or for a holiday. I'll face the same problem as you whenever my doc thinks I can handle a long flight.

My lumbar and cervical fusions can cause so many other problems that the insurance world won't touch me. Shocked

Big hugs

Jan

((((((((((((Darkchyldeskiss))))))))))) Exclamation
Awwwwwww sweetie i can really sympathise with you,it really makes me angry to think that disabled people can't travel because they can't get adequate insurance cover Rolling Eyes
Sending you huge(((((((hugs))))))) and lots of warming , healing thoughts to ease your pain.

with all my love
Angel x x x Exclamation

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:43 pm 
Angel1
Moderators

quote:
Originally posted by Hawaiian:
(((((((((((((Angel))))))))))))))))

I don't have a song this time, but how about a Exclamation

~Miki

((((((((((((((((((Hawaiian))))))))))) Exclamation
Awwwwww bless you, thanks for the rose Wink

with all my love
Angelx Exclamation

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:45 pm 
jade547

HI Angel

sorry to here that you have problems getting cover. I have simular issues as i am a diabetic - i found an insurance company that would cover me maybe worth giving them a call

Atlasdirect - 08444823400 i dont know if they will!

J

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:47 pm 
Angel1
Moderators

Re: (((((((((((((((Angel))))))))))))))))

quote:
Originally posted by melons:
There still may be a rainbow of hope on the horizon for you Smile

If I'm not mistaken, Corfu is a member of the EU, in which case you can apply for an EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) which is free for all Citizens of the EU (which includes us Brits Smile lol)........and......... the EHIC covers treatment for chronic diseases, or existing illnesses!!

Heres the info for you, below.....

luv'n'hugs,

Mel x

The quickest way to get a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is to apply online. You can also apply by phone, or by post, but this will take longer.

An EHIC entitles you to free, or reduced-cost, medical treatment, if you become ill, or have an accident, while you're visiting Europe. From 2005, the EHIC card replaced the E111 form which is no longer valid..

There are three ways to apply for an EHIC:

Apply online - see the 'further information' section below. Your card will be delivered within seven days.
Apply by phone - call 0845 606 2030. Your card will be delivered within 10 days.
Apply by post - complete a printed form, available from your local post office, and send it to EHIC Applications, PO Box 1115, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE99 1SW. Your card will be delivered within 21 days.
There is no charge for an EHIC.

Every family member needs to have their own EHIC.

You can apply for all your family's cards at the same time. As well as your own EHIC, you can get cards for:

your spouse, or partner, and
any children up to the age of 16 (or 19 if they are in full-time education).
When you apply, for each person, you will need:

their first names and surname (family name),
date of birth, and
NHS number, or national insurance (NI) number.
Who is eligible for an EHIC?If you're a UK national (citizen) who normally lives in the UK, an EHIC entitles you to free, or reduced-cost, medical treatment when you're visiting Europe. However, it's not valid if:

you're going to live in Europe, or
getting medical treatment is the main purpose of your trip.
Some non-UK nationals living in the UK can also apply for an EHIC. However, there are some restrictions, depending on your nationality. For example, EHICs for some non-UK nationals are not valid in Switzerland.

For more information about eligibility, see the link to the Department of Health website in the 'further information' section.

How long is the EHIC valid for?The EHIC lasts for five years. When your EHIC expires, you can renew it:

using the online form,
by phone - call 0845 605 0707, or
by post, as described above.
Where is the EHIC valid?The EHIC is valid when you visit a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. EEA countries include:

all countries in the European Union (EU),
Iceland,
Liechtenstein, and
Norway.
Although it's not a member of the EEA, or the EU, Switzerland has an EHIC agreement with the EU.

For a full list of countries where the EHIC is valid, see the link to the Department of Health website in the 'further information' section.

What treatment does the EHIC cover?The EHIC entitles you to state-provided medical treatment only. Private treatment is not usually covered.

If you need treatment due to an accident, or illness, it will be provided free, or at a reduced cost. However, some treatment that is free under the NHS in the UK will not necessarily be free in other countries. You may have to make a contribution to the cost of your care, but this can usually be covered by private travel insurance.

The EHIC covers treatment for chronic diseases, or existing illnesses. If you're pregnant, it also covers routine maternity care while you're away.

The EHIC does not cover going to an EEA country, or Switzerland, specifically to get medical treatment, or to have a baby. Different rules apply - see the Department of Health website for more information.

Remember that even with an EHIC, it's still advisable to take out full travel insurance in order to ensure that you're covered for all eventualities.

Lost and stolen EHICsIf you lose your EHIC, or it's stolen in the UK, you should apply for a replacement card:

by phone - call the EHIC Enquiries Line on 0845 605 0707, or 0845 606 2030, or
by post.
If you're abroad when your EHIC is lost, or stolen, you can wait until you get back to apply for a replacement. However, if you need medical treatment while you're away, you'll need to apply for an EHIC Provisional Replacement Certificate from the Department for Work and Pensions (see 'useful contacts' in the 'further information' section). If necessary, someone else can apply for this certificate on your behalf.

If you need to call the EHIC Enquiries Line from outside the UK, the number is +44 191 203 5555.

Further information: Which EU countries offer free or reduced treatment to visitors?
I'm pregnant - what documents do I need to take when travelling?
Travel health
Travel health zone
Application for European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) (NHS Business Services Authority)
The EHIC: free or reduced-cost treatment (Department of Health)
Applying for a European Health Insurance Card (Department of Health)
What to do if you lose your EHIC (Department of Health)
Going to another European country in order to get treatment (Department of Health)
EHIC and health advice for travellers (Department of Health)
Useful contacts for queries about EHICs (Department of Health)

((((((((((((((((Mel)))))))))))))))) Exclamation
Awwwwwww thank you for pointing this out to me , i have already got this card(EHIC) but the Citizens Advice Bureau told me that it can only be used for minor medical treatment/injuries Rolling Eyes

I am going to phone them tomorrow morning to see what they say, even if they will just cover me for my Bone Disease,My Angina and My Asthma i would be happy and i would be able to travel Very Happy

I'll let you know how i get on tomorrow.Thank you soooooo much for looking this up for me,i really do appreciate that it must have taken a while to search for this, bless ya. Exclamation

with all my love
(((((((hugs)))))))
Angel x x Exclamation

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:50 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: