BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Moans & Groans

Tropical Storm Fay ...

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
smartgrl

Tropical Storm Fay ...

It's been raining here since 2 A.M. almost 24 straight hours... supposed to rain all day tomorrow from this stupid storm that is moving 2 miles an hour.. and then rain for the next 7 days on top of that .. YUCK!

Post Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:52 am 
PipSqueak

OMG! Wot on earth are you going to do? Sad
Thank you so much, that's making our wet summer over here seem like nothing. Cool (Last week I was in Norwich(East UK) and it had half of its August rainfall, 3.5cm, land in 2 hours!!)
Last July my US cousins came over from Albuquerque and it showered nearly every day for 2 weeks. They got over the excitement after the first week. Laughing We even had floods in the second week.

Post Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:30 pm 
twilight

I talked to my sister about the storm late last week, she is in West Palm... said she had got rain and a lot of wind , a few little tornados... but, of course she is a Kansas native who has been in a F5 so tornados do not scare her.... she did not seem worried at all.

The lengthening shadows wait The first pale stars of twilight. ~~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:05 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
smartgrl

We actually had a lot more rain today than during all of Fay. In an hour we had about 6 inches. It was raining so fast, the water didn't have anywhere to go, since the ground is already saturated, for the most part.

During that hour our front yard was pretty much under an inch of water, and it started getting pretty close to our front door, so I was a bit worried about that, since we don't have flood insurance ( I'll be rectifying that this week .. or as soon as Allstate will let me ). Our power was out for about two hours, which stunk, because our pool almost overflowed, since we couldn't turn our pump on to pump the extra water out..... thankfully it stopped raining after that... and most of the water subsided ... and then the power came back on shortly after.

I'm a bit worried about going into work tomorrow, because if it rains too much, the road to our neighborhood might flood, and I'll have a hard time getting back in..which would suck... since I have four dogs here relying on me... I might just tell them I'm not coming in.. will have to see what it is like in the morning.

Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:40 am 
twilight

Well, smartgrl, be smart about things and tace care of you and yours.... my thoughts are with all of you dealing with this weather!

The lengthening shadows wait The first pale stars of twilight. ~~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:52 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
smartgrl

Well it didn't rain much today... so that is a good thing. Hoping the rest of the week will be the same.... going to call Allstate first thing in the morning about flood insurance.... so much for not being in a flood zone Rolling Eyes

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:24 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: