BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Moans & Groans

table for awkward, party of three

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
zingray

table for awkward, party of three

I have been seeing this girl for over a month now. She completely identifies herself as gay and loving other women. This next part baffles me. She is currently living with what she calls "her boyfriend". She says he is a total anomaly, and that they have a strange connection, even though she isn't attracted to men. It isn't that I don't understand bisexuality. I just feel like someone in this triangle is getting cheated. Also, the guy knows about our relationship.

Am I being dragged along a path towards a cliff of disappointment? If any of you have wisdom or insight, I'd appreciate it. My conscience is screaming at me to get out of this, but I think an external voice would really solidify that conclusion.

All three of us are going out tomorrow for a ball game. I'd really like to talk to her about this then. I don't want to hurt her, but it seems like this ride won't stop until someone or everyone is.

Post Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:55 am 
NIC

The Tri-pods are never good hun.
There is an exception to the rule tho.
If he is aware of ur relationship, and they are just roomies, then if you can handle it.......WHY NOT.

The flip side is this:
Take a deep look inside urself, cause only you can make such a decision.
If you can or can't handle the situation.
I'm not sure anything she says (if you speak about it) will help ur decision.

It's more so about:
What can YOU handle
Are YOU ready for this
Do YOU know all sides of consequences
Are YOU ok with it.

xx
Rose

Post Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:22 pm 
fortheloveofagood...
Site Admin

Yeah, i think NIC's advice is spot on...

Also i have been known to be a quite a practical woman in terms of 'love' - i can quite happily go along with something, if it's just for the experience, not a forever committment... so for me that comes into... are you likely to fall in love, want commitment and then have other expectations from this woman? ones she can't meet...

also i have found that when i don't listen to my inner voice, i learn a lesson... so i either, listen to that guide and get on with something or someone else, or i make a little detour and learn something. In either case, it's ok, i continue on...

So don't beat yourself up about this, but do ensure you have some friends near to listen and be there for you...

we're here too of course.

Kx

Post Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:51 pm 
zingray

NIC, fortheloveofagood...

Thanks for the support. I realize this is a decision I can't put off on to someone else, and that I have some soul searching to do. Your words are a great help though, and I much appreciate them. Smile

Due to other circumstances (We are both moving to different states soon) I am not expecting a longterm relationship with this woman. Is there any irony that a lesbian relationship is ending because of a Uhaul?

My best friend, whom I've gone to advice for on this, hasn't outright told me to stop, but says that she could never become involved in something knowing that it is going nowhere. That makes a lot of sense, and what she thinks means the world to me.

... But like you said, sometimes it is good to do something for the experience. I am having fun right now, and if things play smoothly until we both move, then I think this might run its course and end amicably.

Thanks again!

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:42 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: