BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Member Introductions

Introducing Storybellz (finally)!!

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
storybellz

Introducing Storybellz (finally)!!

Hello everyone! Very Happy

Well, i don't know why the thought of introducing myself has been such an impossibe task for me, until now. The idea of putting who i am into words just seemed too overwhelming to actually accomplish! Pretty silly, i know! Luckily, i finally realize that i'm not here to post an entire autobiography, just a happy lil' intro!

So, i'll give it a go. And, apoligies in advance, in-case it turns into an autobiography anyway Wink

OK, where to begin... of course, online, i go by my internet name "Storybellz" hmmm... what else?...

* I'm Persian (Iranian)-American (one parent Persian, the other American).

*My sun-sign is Virgo, w/ Capricorn moon & Pisces rising (just in-case there are any astro enthusiests here ^_^). And, i'm 22yrs-old.

* I'm a really bad speller (my appoligies to the board) Embarassed

* Classic showbiz trivia is a passion, and i'm an old hollywood movie-buff, whose favorite movie of all-time is "Mame" (made in 1974- but set in the 20s) w/ Lucille Ball; fav. genre is musicals!

* I love "campy" entertainers, such as Carol Burnett, and long for the days of Vaudville

* Wish my life were a musical/ wish i were Mame...

*Yes, i dream a lot!!

* i have a pronounced childish side to my nature (very nieve, jealous, sensitive, and inexperianced in a lot of ways). But, its well-kept, most of the time.

*i'm a writer of poetry and children's rhyming stories. Complete my first real children's story when i was 13 (guess dreams come in handy sometimes)! Planing to try to get published soon.

* Internet is also a hobby, although i wouldn't consider myself code-savy at all, i do have a Shari Lewis fan-site in the works (she's a little crush of mine).

* Currently in college, hoping to become a guidance councilor (at least for now)

* Never been in a relationship, but 1st suspected i might be lesbian when i found myself crushing on Lucille Ball at the age of 13 or so (though at the time, i justified it, by thinking i would marry her "if i were a man"! EDIT: I might ought to add that i'm not ex-ing out the possiblity of being w/ a guy (as personally, i don't believe in a 100% sexuality anyway). But, i find that i am more inclined to fancy women.

So, a few celeb-crushes later, fast-forward to now...

I eventually realized that my crushes on women were far more than just celebrity-based, thanks to my first "real-life" crush--- my college Spanish teacher! Well, that's a story all it's own, and i do intend to put it in the "Comming Out" board sometime hopefully. But, for now, i will say that she has turned out to be one of the dearest friends i've ever had!

Still no romance in my life though.

So, yeah, i'm single, i'm nieve, i hope and believe, and that's me in a "nut"shell Razz Exclamation

P.S.
Now crushing on Marlene Diatrich! Ahhhh, what a look!! What a voice! Arrow Embarassed She has my imagination working over-time, if ya know what i mean!

Eeeeek, why everyone i like has to be passed-on?! I guess they just don't make'em like they used to Arrow

PPS.
I live in the closed (as in "closed minded") quarters of NC, U.S.A. Nope, no likle-minded peeps here--so i spend most of my thoughts in hiding (unless they too are in hiding ^_~)! It gets tough sometimes, but that's why i'm happy to be here!

OK, OK, that's not all... but that's enough for now! Anyway, it's an honor to be introduced into the melswebs family! Thanks for reading!

Last edited by storybellz on Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:15 am 
Alpenglow

end

Last edited by Alpenglow on Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:48 am 
Purp

Welcome to Mels, story. It's nice to meet you. I'm looking forward to reading your stories. Exclamation

Post Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:28 am 
Eilidh
Moderators

Hi storybellz,

Thanks for sharing your intro with us. We'll challenge you later to the autobiography. Wink For the moment, I look forward to reading your stories around here and perhaps learning some Hollywood trivia!

~Eilidh

Post Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:20 pm 
BdeCaunteton

Bellz...

The only reason I like Mame is for Bea Arthur -- *le sigh* truly love! But you're not the only one with crushes on old-time celebrities. I'm your natural enemy... I carry the "I drool for Garbo only" card. Young Angela Lansbury from "Dorian Gray"/"The Harvey Girls" years, Judy Garland, Julie Andrews... you get the idea. Wink

www[dot]bdecauntetonspoetry[dot]webs[dot]com

Post Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:32 pm 
storybellz

quote:
Originally posted by Alpie:
This is one of the most wonderful introductions I've read by a new member, storyb. Well-done!

Welcome to mels and I wish you all the best with getting your story published. Smile

Thanks so much for your well wishes! And, i apreciate the compliment!

Post Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:02 pm 
storybellz

quote:
Originally posted by BdeCaunteton:
Bellz...

The only reason I like Mame is for Bea Arthur -- *le sigh* truly love! But you're not the only one with crushes on old-time celebrities. I'm your natural enemy... I carry the "I drool for Garbo only" card. Young Angela Lansbury from "Dorian Gray"/"The Harvey Girls" years, Judy Garland, Julie Andrews... you get the idea. Wink

What a great reply Laughing i think we'd have a lot of fun comparing ttrivia Razz Now, i must confess *cringe*, i don't know all too much about Garbo, except that she "vants to be a-lone!". Never really seen her movies. So, yeah, you'll have to educate me Wink

Anyway, never seen much of Marlene's either. But, i find that it's possible to be drawn to what they stand for/thier unique brand of iconic style, w/ or without having ever seen thier films; yeah, i read i lot of bios Smile

"In Europe, it makes no difference whether man or woman, we make love to whoever we find attractive" -- Marlene Dietrich

Now, think how bold that statement was for her time! Gotta love'er!

Post Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:14 pm 
storybellz

Thanks!

Thanks ladies, for the nice welcomes! Maybe if i can ever get my computer to cooperate, you'll be seeing me in chat sometime. Who knows Very Happy See ya around!

Post Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:18 pm 
Angel1
Moderators

Hiya storybellz
I have to agree with Alpie, this is a wonderful introduction. Very Happy A very Warm Welcome To Mels,i do hope that you enjoy spending time here.Pop into chat sometime, you'll soon make many new friends in there.

((((((hugs))))))
Angel1 x Exclamation

Post Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:15 pm 
GreenEyedKiss
Moderators

Greetings Storybellz,
you sound like a very interesting person, and I am eager to see your work on the boards. Welcome to Mels ! Hope to see you soon.
Green

"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others remains immortal"

Post Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:28 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: