BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Member Introductions

hello

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Feminism

hello

hi,

just to say im a new member on the board as i have no ideas where to meet some hmm girls? and hmm im looking for gf i guess. im 24 so hi everyone. im not sure who i am but being with the same sex partner might change my life for the better... Smile

im looking for the soul mate, faminism (maybe not all the time) and all the good things. think im a deep thinker, sensitive and im not so sure what else to add im still a lot embarrast about being on here and not sure if i can cope in being with a female Wink

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:23 pm 
Eilidh
Moderators

Hey there, Fem.
Welcome to Mels!
It's so funny that you write about feminism here; just yesterday, I was thinking of posting a related topic. Great minds think alike Wink
In the meantime, relax, grab a chair and a cup of tea, and explore the boards. You'll meet a wide variety of wonderfully caring women here. It's a place where you can let your hair down, so to speak, and ask all those questions on your mind.

~Eilidh

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:06 pm 
Feminism

Oh wow thank you for your reply. What a coincidence i was reading the posts and was gonna reply to you in one of the posts thought: ye thats kinda there what im looking for...intellect blah blah.

read a wonderful book that states/says something like this: they use vulnerability, honesty, trust....to minimise power with the relationship or something like that sounded beautiful hahe. also talked about real lesbians being feminine actually and that butch type of relationships are actually just a copy of societies current relationships blah blah...it was so wonderful. so ye, i mean i do now understand that its a choice and that i dont have to be masculine and that theres also a lot of support in lesbianism culture and probably a lot of exploration of what women are and i am as a female and maann a guy never gave me an orgasm so i guess trying to be a lesbian is not bad and i might just find hmm heaven or earth or something like that Smile Smile

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:09 pm 
Hawaiian

Shocked

Wow, what book was that? I read what you wrote several times and don't agree with any of that at all...maybe start a thread in the debate forum with some of those ideas, 'cause I don't wanna start a debate here on your introduction thread.

So, um, before I get carried away...

Welcome to mels, Feminism...hope you'll find lots to stimulate the intellect here.

Aloha,
~Hawn

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:25 pm 
Eilidh
Moderators

quote:
Originally posted by Feminism:
What a coincidence i was reading the posts and was gonna reply to you in one of the posts thought: ye thats kinda there what im looking for...intellect blah blah.

Feel free to still reply Wink

quote:
read a wonderful book that states/says something like this: they use vulnerability, honesty, trust....to minimise power with the relationship

What book were you reading? Who does "they" refer to?

quote:
also talked about real lesbians being feminine actually and that butch type of relationships are actually just a copy of societies current relationships

It's interesting to see "real" lesbians defined as feminine since society tends to stereotype lesbians as butch. I wonder what made the author express that point of view. The butch-femme dynamic is one "type" of lesbian relationship, but that's all it is -- one type. There are an infinite number of possibilities.

I wouldn't worry about "trying" to be a lesbian or trying to fit society's expectations of what a lesbian "should" be. Just be who you are. If you happen to love other women, that's wonderful. If you happen to love men, transfolk, genderqueers, anyone with a heart, that's wonderful, too. There's no need to find any particular theory to justify being who you are.

~Eilidh

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:32 pm 
Eilidh
Moderators

Apparently, Hawn and I were writing at the same time.
I'd be interested in debating some of those topics in the debate forum, too!

~Eilidh

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:33 pm 
Feminism

Thanks for all the replaayyyss. the books called lesbian women and society and its old 1980 :p by ettore e. m. we got lots of them at Greenwich university. i think this ones digging into lesbian subculture so maybe it should know.

'they' referring to lesbians. also, yes i know about butch-femme relationships it talks about it in the book as one type tis all cos as humans they find it easier to do something new with lesbians, do you know what i mean not that anyones stupid or anything and yes theres lots other possibilities. also, yes the society sees butch lesbians as lesbians and stuff cos thats the shallow part and i think thats for peeps that are ignorant of it but if you dig down then theres more i dont know the book is written in the 80 so i have no ideas whats happening now and i would guess that liking girls would be about the qualities they have and not trying to copy men just like some gay men copy females. and yes it all doesnt matter just be yourself and choose what you like want blah blah i mean we can create any type of relationship we want we just beings blah blah..

Post Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:17 pm 
Angel1
Moderators

Hi(((((((((((Fem))))))))))))))
Welcome to Mels.Hope that you enjjoy spending time here.Everyone's so friendly and very supportive .Pop into chat sometime,it's a great place to meet new friends.

with (((hugs)))
Angel1 x Exclamation

Post Sun May 18, 2008 3:48 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: