BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

should I tell my therapist ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mazer34

should I tell my therapist ?

I have been seeing a psychotherapist since january this year,Im all mixed up about who am I etc,but Im bursting to come out to her,only thing is I have really strong feelings for her,I dont know what to do ?yesterday she was guessing whats on my mind asking is it sexual?I say yes ,is it about her ,I say no ,OMG ,please help me ? Embarassed

Post Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:49 pm 
lily1111

Therapist

What therapist ask a question like that? That seems really strange to me.......................YOu have to be careful with therapist because you tell them so much that you can mistake that trust for love esp. if you are vulnerable..........When a therapist says something like that I think that is so inappropriate....Just my opinion

Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:06 am 
Cavewoman

if YOU feel comfortable with the fact that you have chosen a therapist with whom you can work AND actually make progress with provided the two of you work together to accomplish your goal of unravelling yourself....

then its absolutely necessary she be aware of your sexuality....

if she's asking to hit on you... well, that's up to you two... but i can't really say it would make a lot of sense from the clinical perspective...

you simply aren't going to make any progress if you're spending the majority of your time with her glued to some panic button because of your feelings for her OR because you're uncomfortable in your own skin around her....

so, in short, my answer is YES she needs to know

if you're uncomfortable with her knowing, then my suggestion is that you find another therapist.... if ALL the beans aren't on the table, how are you gonna count them?

Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:54 am 
mazer34

she had to ask questions to guess whats on my mind every week when I see her as I had told her last week some thing is on my mind the whole time and I cant deal with it anymore so she asked questions like, is it sexual,is it a fantasy,is it something I want to do to people etc,I dont think she is trying to come onto me,not that I would mind ! Twisted Evil I just need to tell someone how I feel towards other women,I have kept it in me for over 20 years so its really getting to my emotional being,Im married(only been married for 2 years) with 3 kids so its even harder to tell people how I feel.I have started to trust this person so I think I will tell her on thursday how I feel etc,I just hope she doesnt freak out or anything !I need to know who or what I am as I have has enough of feeling trapped in my mind. Crying or Very sad

Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:54 pm 
Cavewoman

any proficient therapist worth their salt doesn't find the news of lesbian sexuality shocking or odd or out of norm.......

breathe deep, clasp your hands together calmly... and just tell her....

then be prepared to get to work! i'm betting you will discover that your time with her is much more well spent when ALL of your thoughts and emotions are out on the table.... why? because then you two can get down to the nitty gritty of helping you find a balance...

Post Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:05 am 

that's kind of intrusive, and very unprofessional, but hey, it sounds fun.

Post Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:43 am 
Cavewoman

intrusive?
isn't that why a person GOES to a therapist? to get some help unravelling the confusion (or whatever you want to call it)? how in the world is a therapist supposed to help? GUESS what's going on?

i don't understand the intrusive on this....

Post Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:08 am 
mazer34

thanks cavewomen,you give good advice ! Razz she said nothing will shock her what I have to say,I think she knows what Im thinking by the way she asks certain questions.It feels horrible when you sit opposite someone and they are wanting to know whats on your mind and you just grit your teeth hoping you dont blurb it all out wrong and look right stupid! She gives me direct eye contact and I cant look at her without thinking she will see how I feel towards her.When she asked if it was about her I panicked and said NO ! If I said yes she probley wouldnt want to see me again or something,I dont know.I have thought about her for 10 whole monthes now 24/7 infact,I cant get her out of my head,when I see her I feel really happy and excited ,say if she rubs her leg infront of me,god that sounds awful ! Embarassed I always thought by getting married would change my feelings for other women but it hasnt,only good thing is having my children.I feel so trapped in this body of mine and dont know what do,I dont want to hurt anyone.

Last edited by mazer34 on Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:59 pm 
Cavewoman

mazer..... the ONLY way you're going to "break through" is
1. just answer the lady's questions, keeping in mind that you requested her help by becoming her client.... and that IS her job... to help you unravel the myriad of thoughts/emotions inside you

and
2. if you're too embarassed to work with this lady, but you still want to untangle the jungle in your head, then perhaps you should find another therapist

or
3. go ahead and answer this lady's questions, see if it gives her a more reliable platform from which to help you.... and if it really doesn't but only leads to more twisted roads, THEN, opt out of her service and find another therapist

as to your attraction to her... well, i think every lady here can admit to having a nearly unbearable crush on someone during the course of our lives....

Post Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:36 pm 

of course psychs have to be 'interrogative', rather than intrusive where they should, and where it can help, and on second thoughts, i'd say your psych probably noticed you might have been a little nervous, and guessed you were attracted to her, and needed to talk about it. it will make you very comfortable to talk to her about other things, too.

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:28 am 
mazer34

Ive had a crush before but the way I feel about this person is totally different. Embarassed

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:42 pm 
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by mazer34:
Ive had a crush before but the way I feel about this person is totally different. Embarassed

Listen to cavewoman she has given some good advice and you need to use that piece of anatomy between your nose and chin...open your mouth and tell the person trying to help you what she needs to know in order to help you.

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:00 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

i hope your therapist helps you out, hun.
good luck with everything.
yes, i would tell her.
it gets worse as you go on.
i've been there lol.

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:00 am 
mazer34

ok,thanks guys Very Happy

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:43 am 

will you tell us how it goes?

Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:01 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next