BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Moans & Groans

Mutual Respect/ lesbian or not! Please read before you post!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Linda Bray

Mutual Respect/ lesbian or not! Please read before you post!

Hello everyone....just a few lines of concern here. This is a supportive community!! We respect each other...gay/ lesbian/bisexual/transgendered/martian!!!!! Most of us know what it feels like to be the targets of prejudice...wether because of our sexuality or being a woman or whatever. We all go through different stages to get to where we are now...for some of us we come out very early for others later....it does not matter....we need to support each other. We do not have to agree with everyones perspective but we do need to show respect for each other. Any posts considered prejudice....will be removed!!!!
Linda Bray

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
DanceofSorrows

Well I'll drink to that *glass clinks*

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:40 pm 
Tigger
Site Admin

Smile Thank you Linda for this post.

You have Mel and my full support with this as you are quite right.

Hope to catch you all soon when my laptop comes back from the sick bay.....

Hugs to everyone

Tigs Smile

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:02 pm 
Linda Bray

Hey Tigs.....
Thank you....if I ever post anything you don't agree with just remove it!!! I hope you are well!! Take care my friend!!!
Peace,
Linda

Dance,
Cheers.....I got your back my friend!!!
Peace,
Linda

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
chame70

Mutual Respect

I'll drink to that also "clink"
Not sure what happened, I try to read most postings....
luvst
chame

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dandelionprincess

quote:
we need to support each other.

I feel i need to say something here ...Personally because i feel that ( if any lesbians do exist , which i doubt) that lesbians should be the one to support other lesbians..

I feel that they are a lot of exploitation that goes on in the community and i for one have lost respect for the community..

People have the right to be who they are . i dont agree with some minorities who feel the need to label themselves as something they are not , just to gain interest from men.

As a Gay woman , i fully respect Straight women for the simple fact that they are who they are and KNOW what they are ..

I think we all need to really stop brushing over what really goes on in the world today and stop pretending that everything is ok!

Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:20 am 
chame70

Re: Mutual Respect

Dandellionprinces,
In an ideal world, we would all be there for each other whether we are lesbian gay, TG,TV, black, white, Oriental, Christian, Jewish, Muslim, tall, short, skinny or fat. You get my gist.
Unfortunately there are still people who still live in the dark Ages and descriminate. Therefore we support each other. At the same time, the more we accept being decriminated against, the more we empower those who descriminate.
My personal policy is to always try to be the best person I can be so that when these people look at me they see an honest, hard working, succesful human being. I'm not having sex with these people, my orientation is not their business so it shouldn't affect our interaction.
I find that ignoring their prejudice and supporting anyone that is doing things right eventually makes their prejudice go away. If you don't acknowledge it, you don't empower it.
As for exploitation, if you don't allow yourself to be exploited then it can't happen.
As for lesbians existing, I for one am LIVING, LOVING SAPHIC PROOF!!!! And no, I don't intend on proving my orientation to anyone unless I want to.
luvst
chame

Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
a_beautiful_mind

*2 Shay Linda ....smiling at cha* ...

The community feels lovely to me this afternoon *stretch*.
That fresh air out side is so mMMmmmm too.

I went shopping this morning and felt myself fading like phantom powder into the crowds. Feels crazy sometimes when you feel so alive and different yet just the same as everyone else. I guess that's what makes us tick.

*Frown* ... but I do hope 'your' okay Dandelion and not lost in the crowds to the point of trying to seperate them. Rainbows just aren't the same without all the colours side by side.

*Smiling at cha and handing you the comfort seat with a gentle peck on the cheek*

Luv n stuff as always
Stace
xxx

Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:18 pm 
wyldhart

Touche' to all of you Ladies..

And drinks all around for everyone! Now, Dance~and Linda-- I wanted the one with the cherry Wink

Wow, I've got some catchin' up to do.... see what happens when you're MIA for a few weeks, lol
.I don't know what went down with all the drama (and personally, if I wanted drama, I'd watch TNT) but something's got everyone fired up...and if it's discrimination based,----don't make me get up on my soapbox!! (because I can talk for hours!!)

Linda~ you Go Grrlll!!

Chame--you "got it going on" Girllfriend!

No truer words spoken... but on the flip side, I've been known not to bite my tongue for something I believe in, and I believe in myself and what I am all about. I am not empowering them, just making them see me. I am a woman that loves women...if you want to label me, than that is up to you...I am just me, I am comfortable in my skin.

And Dandelion Princess~~ I am another example that Lesbians are not a mythical creature created from dreams (well, actually, my ex's always said I was a dream come true, lol!!)
We all know that this world is not okay....but each and everyone of us tries in our own way to make it a better place--lead by example.

I hope that whatever your issue is with the community or lesbians or straight women that you can work it out for yourself....and feel comfortable in your own skin......

hugs,
Wyld

Post Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:20 pm 
Dandelionprincess

Oh i feel comfortable in my own skin alright .. Far more than some women who claim to be lesbians and are not
As for you comment Linda.. Their are simply bull, Im sorry to say but they are really out the window bull..

You clearly do not have the same principals as i do ( and thank goodness).
Respecting someone is respecting their ways of doing things , their chosen lifestyle.. As we all are entitled to live the lifestyle we chosen , equally we all have the right to chose who we respect and dont respect..

I chosen not to respect women who give men the impression that lesbians are easy , that they are cheap women and can be loured by their gfs so that the men can sit in a corner and play with himself

Dance decided to delete all my post ( as im sure she would do this one ) and ban me from chat because i spoke the truth and as far as she is concerned, she as a bvisexual woman refused to accept that not every woman is as simple and nieve and think that the community is a bed or roses and that we all should be open to any forms of exploitation , just as long as it benefits herself and her man

If you where real true to urself , you would know that the lesbian community has be disrespected for years and continue to do so , by a lot of minorities , those minorities are a big part of who you are , whether you care to admit it or not .

Im a lesbian woman and the amount of crap i hear from women nowadays that sing the same tune as YOU , and they themselves are bisexuals ,is really funny..

I believe in living my life as truthful as i see fit . I dont go around CLAIMING to be a lesbian and have my words betray me .. That is the clear markings of a LARGE proprtion of women in here ..

Im glad i have seen this room for what it is for .. A bunch of wanna bs , who wouldnt know the truth if it came out and smacked em in the face...

Do yourselfs a favour and get some men in here you know you want to..

A_beautiful > Keep up the joyful " we should all live together speech".. when someone is infected with disease. I hope you remain to be as joyful as ever.. after all as long as u are getting yours right?

Goodday!

Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:00 am 
a_beautiful_mind

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Dandelion, I wonder what has you so fired up *Smiling at cha* ...

but thank you for reading my poetry. *Laughing* I really don't think I'm getting it right but I am trying. I'm not ashamed either *smiling at cha* ...I think theres a lot of understanding in this community. Opened my eyes for sure. Wish this were happening to you. Next you'll be telling me your eyes are already open. Hehehehe

Hmmm, I dislike your perception on Dance. Its amusing when someone has it completely wrong. But I know how it feels too so I wont rub it in.

Keep smiling and I hope you stay out of trouble.

xxx

Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:09 pm 
chame70

Mutual Respect

Dandellionprincess,
I actualy feel sorry for someone who has so much anger, who has apparently been hurt so bad that they appear to believe the whole world is against them.
I also believe you should look up the meaning of the word "respect". Most of what I've ever seen on this site is good writing, romance, expressions of feelings, support for each other, is short, a living, loving supportive, functioning, thriving community.
I've never seen attacks on people. We don't always share the same opinions but we still get along and as adults agree to disagree and keep a sense of humor about it.
In my life, I've found that being respectful and nice has always come back to me in one way or another, sooner or later.
Lighten up and you'll find some very nice people here, and in most places.
"and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make" (Lennon /McCartney)
I've been a lesbian all my life and have many straight male and female friends. Being a musician, I happen to work with a lot of guys. Not one has ever layed a hand on me or watched me with another womyn, not one has suggested it. They know better. I treat them with respect and what I do in the bedroom (or the kitchen, or an airplane bathroom) is my business. I am out and proud, I discreetly show affection to my womyn where ever I may be. I make it a point to be discreet in front of children but I woud do that if I was heterosexual. Again, listen to Aretha, "RESPECT"
I really hope you learn to look around and see the beauty in life rather than wallow in the ugly things.
luvst
chame

Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:55 pm 
DanceofSorrows

Dandelion,

Your hate for bi-sexuals is not welcome here, period. I am bored with this drama~

Dance~

Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:01 pm 
chame70

Mutual Respect

Dance,
I'll drink to that. Fact is, I'll have a second Bloody Mary!!!!(no pun intended it is my drink of choice)"*" wink
luvst
chame

Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:11 pm 
melons
Site Admin

Hi Dandelion,

I care very much about this community and the women who partake of it and 99% of the time it is a peaceful, creative haven for everyone (this must be the 1% that isn't!).

Sometimes it is good to have a heated debate or discussion of a topic, it keeps us all on our toes Smile; however, I consider all women equal, no matter what their chosen sexuality.

If you have been hurt by a woman who happens to be bisexual then you are welcome to use these boards to ask for advice, support or help but please desist from any derogatory comments that display hatred as they will be deleted and you will be banned from the site.

regards,

Mel (a mum herself)

Post Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:38 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: