BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

What do you like about the Lesbian scene?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Dandelionprincess

What do you like about the Lesbian scene?

I came out about 8 years ago and i thought when i came out that the lesbian community was high on solidarity , i soon discovered it was not and i have lost all respect for it because i feel that its a whole contradiction..

What is it you like about the scene, the community?

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:57 pm 
Linda Bray

Dandelion,
I came out 17 years ago and I love the sisterhood, the mutual respect...and the support we get and give to one another.
Peace,
Linda

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Phoenix
Moderators

Welcome to this online community Dandelionprincess. Like this community, or any that has good energy, I surround myself with loving women who support me, and know I am there in support of them. I love the Friday night poker games, the ice-capades in the hot tub <grin>, parties at my house that sometimes turn into strip football <very big grin>, dinners and coffee, dancing,playing pool, soft shoulders to cry on, football and basketball games we share at FSU, but most of all I simply like that I can be me.

Temps_brat

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:30 pm 
MsMoody8581

I love everything about it.

Post Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:30 pm 
marbles

feeling accepted

After working in a straight environment all week (in the closet), it's nice to put on clothes I am comfortable in and hang out with people who are just like me. I always feel like an oddball at work - unmarried, no kids, no boyfriend, not feminine looking or acting. I have to censor everything I say about my homelife - talk about "my roomate" or "my friend". It's nice to just let loose around my friends.

Post Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:29 am 
MsMoody8581

I know how that feels marbles. Well sort of...I am dating a guy...But I do love women too and I have to hide that at work. I am not all cute and everything, I am a tomboy and ruff around the edges...LoL....But I have to hide sexuality from my co-workers.

Post Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:11 am 
marbles

They probably know I'm gay

Obviously, I'm not watching the superbowl....... I got bored. Anyway, I'm sure that some of the people I work with have figured out I'm gay. I mean people are not as dumb and unobservant as we would like to think. Although, I can never come out because being a gay teacher is not ok in today's society. Rolling Eyes

Post Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:19 am 
cmichelle1119

I am with Moody and Marbles on this issue.It is so nice to just let loose and be yourself.I am also a teacher,preschool at that and I know that the parents of my kids would have a problem if they knew I was gay.We all need a place to call home and it should be somewhere we can just be ourselves.I love this site and I like gay clubs...I mostly like knowing that I don't have to hide anything.

~*~Michelle~*~

Post Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:46 am 
Athena

I wanted to reply to this topic but I am not too sure what to say. I am not really out. I don't even know if I can call myself a lesbian. I am attracted to some women and I flirt when they flirt with me too. I am also really into men. I'm not too sure where I fit. When I think about myself with a women and when I have had relationships with women, I feel a sense of calm. It's sweet, you know. I dress very girly and I look very feminine, despite shaving my head 2 months ago. Rolling Eyes It's funny, without hair I seem to have gotten "sexier" HA HA HA! Go figure! Everybody flirts with me and I am not ashamed to flirt back, unless my parents or very strong very anti lesbian brothers are around. Shocked Anyway, I love the sense of calm when I am attracted to a woman and she is attracted to me.

A.

Post Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:41 pm 
marbles

head shaving

Athena, just curious, what's up with the shaved head?

Post Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:57 pm 
Athena

Re: head shaving

quote:
Originally posted by marbles:
Athena, just curious, what's up with the shaved head?

I felt I had to do it. All my life people told me I was beautiful. I never believed them. I tried acting and modeling, just to see if it was true or if people were just being polite. I was successful. I knew my beauty was something that could give me an unfair advantage in life and so I worked hard not to flaunt it, only when necessary. Anyway, something very traumatic happened in my life recently and after the funeral of a friend's mom, I decided to rid myself of all "things" that gave me any advantage in life. I wanted to be pure, and new aagin and I needed to learn a hard lesson. Shaving my head was the best way to humiliate myself and even though people say I am crazy for doing it, I learned my lesson well. I will not take people or life for granted. It's funny how humble one feels when she has no hair. How she must protect herself and can empathize with almost anybody going through humiliating times.

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:08 am 
marbles

fascinating

Hmmmmm very interesting. You must be a knockout. Well, hair can make a huge difference in your appearance. I go from super short to the bottom of my neck back and forth. Everyone likes it long except me. I understand the humiliation thing. I had this big bandage on my face for about five days, and the staring I received in public was unreal. I can only imagine being so different that people gawked at you everywhere you went. It was a real eye opener. Well, I hope this experience was a positive one for you.

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:05 am 
Athena

Re: fascinating

quote:
Originally posted by marbles:
Hmmmmm very interesting. You must be a knockout.
I've been told I am a mix of Halle Berry and the young Elizabeth Taylor. That is what people say... Cool

So you know how it feels, to be so vulnerable in society. I needed that awakening. When you are Halle and Elizabeth you sometimes forget that you are human too. Embarassed It was very positive for me. It's just sad now that my hair is growing back, people keep making the "beautiful" remarks, and I am worried I will get into "trouble" again. Well, I can always shave it all off again! Razz I sort of like the extra attention I get from women though. Even straight women tell me there is something very attractive about me this way.
I dunno... Sorry I'm getting Arrow

A

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:30 am 
kendall

I like the fact that I can be myself no matter where I am. At work most everyone knows that I am with a woman and if they don't like it so be it.
If you don't like it don't look. That is just my philosophy.

I also like that since coming out I have gained a million friends who have been where I have been and support me when the goin gets rough...and in the good times...

Kendall

Post Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:38 pm 
belle_australienne

The fact that I dont get hassled.

This is one thing I have noticed, I have always gone to gay bars/clubs with my gay male friends. (at that time I was like 'IM STRAIGHT!!!!!" hahahahahaha)

A while ago I went to a straight club and got hassled and practically groped by no less then 4 guys.... I mean seriously 'BLECH!'

If I go out I just want to have fun and not be bugged, that stuff doesnt happen in gay clubs. For some reason it seems that gay people out here accept no much quicker than straight people...

Makes for a more comfortable and relaxing evening

Post Sun May 15, 2005 8:38 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: