BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

can you be a lesbian if you have only loved one woman?

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
prpldolphin

can you be a lesbian if you have only loved one woman?

I have only been with 3 woman,,, the first 2 were a very quick encounters,,, Just 1 time each. I was very young and they were both olderand seduced me. But my lisa, I have loved for so long. as long as I can remember she is all that I have though about or wanted. I saw one of my old school friends and she said,,, "hey I didn't know you like woman"... I said no I don't, I just like Lisa. Is that possible... I mean I find other woman very tantalizing,,, and I look alot, but I could never imagine myself with anyone other than her... is that weird or what?

Post Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:18 pm 
Limbo

I watched a movie once set at a parochial school and don't remember the name of it, but one line just always stood out for me. They are asking one girl if she is a lesbian and she says somethng like "I'm not a lesbian! I just love Tori!"

Interesting.

I think if we lived in a culture where gender roles were never assigned, people would fall in love with anyone regardless of their sex. Some may naturally fall in love with women most, some men and some with no specific preference.

I tend to be the type that is completely monogamous sexually and psychologically. I don't see anyone else that way, just HER... she is everything to me. I think that might be rare as it seems many, though very committed to their partner, do look at others through lusty eyes and I can appreciate beauty, most definitely, but my mind doesn't go anywhere beyond that.

Last edited by Limbo on Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:24 pm 
wanderinglost

prpldolphin

Speaking about love, not sexual lust, I think all humans are capable of falling in love with anyone, including members of their own sex. In a way, I think it's not too useful to have labels about sexual orientation. (Heresey among gay groups, I know.) You may be bi or you may be lesbian. It sounds like you're young. You've got time to explore your feelings. Don't start labeling yourself yet.

wanderinglost

Post Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:38 pm 
Footprint

in fact, I feel the same way as you, dolphin.....

every time someone asks me "so you love women?", I correct him/her and say "I just love ONE womAn!".

Actually.... technically speaking, I think you can barely say someone loves men or women...I hope at least! I do hope people who are in love, are solely in love with ONE person - whether man or woman! Love referring to romantic love, of course...

Cheers,

Footsie

Post Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:45 pm 
prpldolphin

all of you are so great.... I do love her more than anything,,, she is in my every waking moment and until few months ago we both were married or in a relationship with men and kept ours a secret,,, I feel so great being able to express how I feel for her openly,,, I see beauty in other people men and woman alike,,, and I find them physically attractive but until now I think that is all that I have really had with anyone besides her,,, it is so great to love someone "really love someone" and feel so close to them and be physically attracted to them also,,, I FEEL SO GREAT....I never though I could feel like this,,, all of you are so sweet also,

Post Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:41 pm 
mavron

But does one have to be "In Love" with a person ?. If one consistantly loved and ogled the female body wouldn`t that be a more telling sign ??. Just a thought . mavs

Post Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:48 pm 
mavron

h , hum . With hindsught , i want to retact that word " Ogled " . Having read it afterwards , it sounds so cheap . I mean , many women have sexual experiences with much pleasure without actually being in love ?. Take care . I apologise for that word. Mavs.x

Post Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:53 pm 
prpldolphin

thats the thing, I haven't had any sexual pleasure with a woman except the one that I love. I understand what you all are saying,,, your right there is not lable,,, just 2 people who love eachother very much. you all are so sweet, thanks

Post Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:23 pm 
Eilidh
Moderators

Can you be a lesbian if you have only loved one woman?

I counter: can you be a lesbian if you have never loved a woman?

I am attracted to women, but have never been in a relationship. Yet, I still know that I am lesbian. Sexual orientation is determined from the inside out, not from the outside in. You choose a label, or choose no label at all. The choice is yours.

Post Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:18 am 
sensual

end

Last edited by sensual on Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:10 am 
prpldolphin

thats just how I feel. I have never felt so close to someone in my whole life and loving her is all that matters, not what I am.
Thanks Smile

Post Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:36 pm 
SKXT29

I would focus on just the fact that you love that person whole-heartedly...not ncessary how you have to define it.

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:04 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Roman

No, your just in love!!!
It's an obvious given!
~Cheers, Jack

~ Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me ~

Post Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:13 am 
prpldolphin

its just soooooo, I don't know I am usually good with words but lately it just space up there, I know how I feel and I guess I just worry to much. I know that I love her, I know my heart has never felt like this and neither has my soul.
Arrow

Post Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:46 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: