BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

Telling Parents

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Scarlet_Dawn

Telling Parents

So I am planning on telling my parents soon. I still live with them, and they are quite homophobic. I beleive I am ready to tell them. I came out to myself only about nine months ago and have been dating a wonderful woman for about four months. To me, it doesn't seem to soon to tell them, but does it seem that way to anyone with experience in coming out to parents? My main question: How do you decide which parent to tell first? My mom has some health issues and telling her could make her health a lot worse if she is too overwhelmed, but I want to tell her first. I have no idea how to bring it up to my dad. Is it best to not mention my girlfriend initially? Is that a double blow?

Post Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:44 pm 
kultis

Hello Scarlet,

First off, I don't think we have met before, nice to meet you!

Secondly, when to come out to parents? That is a very tricky and hard question. I know I have been gay for a few years now and I just couple of months ago came out to them. Altho, I do think they have known it ever since my first 'girlfriend'.

You are your parents daughter and they should love you the way you are. They should love you unconditionally. Can you tell them at the same time? Just sit them in the kitchen or living room, or wherever and say that you have a little something to tell them..

If your parents are REALLY homophobic then you might ease it a little saying you are bi even though you may not be. That way, they might take it a little bit easier. My original plan was to tell them I was bi but the whole confession was a little weird. Haha.

Let me know how it goes.

Hugs,
kult. Exclamation

Missing, dreaming, wanting
To step on that plane again
Go somewhere far, far away
Where dreams do come true

© kultis

Post Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:59 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  

I did it! and it all went great......minus my sobbing.

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:10 am 

That's great! It's always the hardest to come out to parents!

Congrats!!!

(((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))

kult. Idea

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:45 pm 

Thanks!!!

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:53 pm 

I'm feeling the same way. I'm pretty sure my stepdad will be on my side since he's just always been there but my mom is a judgmental nut-and I don't want to get kicked out of my house! I just graduated from high school and though young I know I'm gay.

Post Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:26 am 
Luuce

Wow! Congratulations on coming out to your parents. I'm fairly close to my mum and a couple days she was talking about how I should dress up when I go to work so I can find a guy. (I'm 19). Then she mentions something about "or a girl". So maybe she suspects. I don't know. The thought of telling her terrifies me though.

I am seriously impressed by your courage!

Post Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:01 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: