BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

I Want To Come Out

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
marie

I Want To Come Out

I want to come out. I want the entire world to know that I LOVE women. I have a few friends that are lesbians and all there coming out stories have had great out comes. I don't think my coming out will. I would like to know how bad can it get? Everyone Ive talked to says IF your friends and family love you they will except it. Is this always true? I mean what should I expect?
Marie

Post Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:49 am 
lastchance

marie,

it's hard to just give a general overview of how people will react to your coming out or rather just coming out in general. because there are just so many different factors that come into play.

my own coming out went rather well because my dad is already pretty liberal and also he has a gay brother so he's been exposed.

but there are people ein the world that just don't like homosexuals. they think it's a sin or just disgusting. and if they are the really bad ones they wiill hurl insults and the like. and they will try to hurt you, emotionally, and even physically if that's what they think will help.

i want you to think aobut something though. but this only pertains to you if you have at least one person who knows that you like women.

compare how you feel around that person (who knows) to how you feel when you have to hide your true feelings.

to feel comfortable in one's own skin is a wonderful feeling. and i've said this before to someone...but when i came out it felt like something in my life just clicked into place and it felt so nice not have to make up excuses why i was like i was and am today.

it's not something to take lightly...but it's not something to fear. do what you feel is comfortable. start with someone you feel will accept you for who you are...and then move along to those you're not so sure about. it's good to have support if you think you're going to get a bad reaction.

hope this has helped you my friend. good luck and welcome to the family.

~chance

Post Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:07 pm 
DanceofSorrows

Marie,

Just fall out of the closet dressed...smile. Hugs to you!

Dance~

Post Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:39 am 
marie

Okay The Factors Are...

Okay the factors are that Not one person in my family likes Lesbians or just gay people in general. But I feel SO comfortable around the very few people that do know. And so uncomfortable around the people that don't. Thats exactly the reason I want to come I don't think I should have to feel uncomfortable being around people. I just want to know from all of you ladies on here if you knew your family didn't like it and still came out how did they react? I mean what should I expect from them knowing they don't like it and disapprove?

And Dance Im never dressed so I would have to fall out Naked! Laughing

Post Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:11 pm 
lastchance

Re: Okay The Factors Are...

quote:
Originally posted by marie:
Okay the factors are that Not one person in my family likes Lesbians or just gay people in general. But I feel SO comfortable around the very few people that do know. And so uncomfortable around the people that don't. Thats exactly the reason I want to come I don't think I should have to feel uncomfortable being around people. I just want to know from all of you ladies on here if you knew your family didn't like it and still came out how did they react? I mean what should I expect from them knowing they don't like it and disapprove?

And Dance Im never dressed so I would have to fall out Naked! Laughing

^_^...that works. hehe...

well i can't help ya with the whole not so good reaction from parents. i didn't receive one (thankfully). but i'm sure someone of much greater wisdom than i can help you. good luck friend.

~chance

Post Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:30 pm 
DanceofSorrows

LOL Marie....well um well... gulp! Wink

Dance~

Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:29 pm 
Tigger
Site Admin

Smile Marie

My Mum was the biggest prude you have ever met you could never discuss anything with her.... but all ahe had to say was she felt sorry for me and never mentioned it again...she always accepted my g/friends and friends and made them welcome in her home.

My experience is if the love you the accept you warts and all.

Tigs

Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:45 pm 
marie

Warts and all

quote:
Originally posted by Tigger:
Smile Marie

My experience is if the love you the accept you warts and all.

Tigs

Well I feel like maybe they don't love me i mean i have been lying to everyone in the since that i am hiding who i am. im living a lie. they love a different person or the person they think i am. not who i really am. I don't think the would love me "warts and all"

And Dance I would want you there when I fall out of the closet naked mmmmmmmm you would like what you see Laughing

Post Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:46 am 
DanceofSorrows

*Blushing* I have no doubt I would~

Dance~

Post Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:55 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: