BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> General Chit Chat

OUR INTERNATIONAL CLUSTERF*CK

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
LOSTANDFOUND

OUR INTERNATIONAL CLUSTERF*CK

I was thinking since we have so many women from countries all over the world that this would be a legitmate question to post on Mels. I am sure that Apple and I are not the only ones dealing with this issue.

As many of you know I am from the US. Apple is from Ireland. We have done research upon research on options for where we should live. Ideally we think it should be the US. However until they pass the Uniting American Families Act here in the States it would be incredibly difficult to get her here on a permanent basis. I would love to move to Ireland but am finding that may be more difficult than I realized, too. We have about a year to go of transitions together (3-6 months of us here and 3-6 months of us in Ireland) before we make a final decision. This is going to take a lot of research so its best to start early. I will be glad to share all the info and websites I have collected for anyone that might want it.

I am looking for permanent suggestions, we don't want to settle somewhere and be dependent upon work permits or student visas that can change our circumstances upon expiration if they weren't renewed. It looks as though Canada would be a viable solution with permanent residency and I was wondering if there are any other suggestions? There is so much information to dig through that I was hoping you all could tell me how easy it is for someone to move to the country you live in and save me a few steps.

Immigration seems to be a major issue for all of us and I would love to hear stories or some insight on how others are handling the, as I so eloquently put it, our international clusterf*ck.

Sorry for such a dry subject, ladies, but I really need some good info and I knew Mels would be a great place to ask...

Knowing something will not change your life.
Doing something will.

Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:05 am 
ghost

hey LAF!

well, south africa is pretty easy to get into... and you can ask hawn what it takes to get here, her and real had the same problem which they have happily solved.

the weather is good, lots of sunshine, but it will depend on what sort of careers you two follow as far as the job market is concerned.

have a chat with real sometime.

regards and good luck
ghost

Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:14 am 
Achilles

if u have 100k AUS dollars u can get into Australia easily on an entrepreneurs visa.
and.... Glebe was always the area in Sydney where most angels hung out.
The gay Mardi Gras is a sight to see. especially the brothers and sisters of the people in the parade, who bring their kids to show support for their uncle/aunt.

Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:30 pm 
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

LAF,

My lady and I are looking at the same thing. She is in Scotland and I'm in the US. The only option for us is for me to move to Scotland because that is where I belong. We've been hanging onto telephone/cellular bills and such to help document that there is a relationship. She's been over here twice to visit because I am unable to travel long distance at the time.

One of the issues we've hit is that the UK wants to make sure I won't be a burden on them. I am filing for social security disability because of my spine injury. This will prove that I am financially responsible for myself.

If I come across anything more on the immigration issue, I will forward you the information. At least in the UK they do have civil ceremonies for gay couples which is a point for moving to the UK. You can also obtain a civil partner visa !

DarkChylde

Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:47 pm 
chordphrute

civil partner visa...? ....

...hmmmm *runs off to do research*

Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:30 pm 
LOSTANDFOUND

WOW

GHOST, ACHILLES, DARK, CHORD

I HAVE FOUND MUCH MORE INFORMATION OUT ON THIS TOPIC, IF YOU WOULD LIKE FOR ME TO POST IT LET ME KNOW AND I'LL BE GLAD TO!

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR REPLIES...YOU RULE!!!

Knowing something will not change your life.
Doing something will.

Post Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:41 am 
Chaos

canada

move to Ontario,Canada Very Happy

~*~ AMBER ~*~

Post Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:01 am 
Footprint

Re: WOW

quote:
Originally posted by LOSTANDFOUND:
GHOST, ACHILLES, DARK, CHORD

I HAVE FOUND MUCH MORE INFORMATION OUT ON THIS TOPIC, IF YOU WOULD LIKE FOR ME TO POST IT LET ME KNOW AND I'LL BE GLAD TO!

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR REPLIES...YOU RULE!!!

Yes, please post, LAF!!! And good luck to you both...I hope you can move in together very soon!

Cordially,

Footsie

Post Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:25 pm 
lilbug

i will get her on it haha

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:07 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: