BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

Holy crap

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
RunningGirl

Holy crap

I've finally told the complete truth to my parents. Shocked

A few months ago, I told my parents that I was bisexual. I thought it would be a little less of a shock to them than hearing that I have absolutely no interest in men (no offense to those of you who are bisexual).
My mother, supportive in her own twisted way, would suggest that it was just a phase and I was just confused, and that everything would be alright.

The dialogue of the conversation was fairly comical when I finally told her the truth. It went sorta like this...
Me- "Okay, so...I have something to tell you."
Mom- "What's wrong?"
Me- "Well..."
Mom- "Oh common, just spit it out. You'll feel better."
Me- "Alright. But don't freak out... Let me put it to you this way. I haven't had a crush on a guy since that kid in pre-K tried to suck face with me when I was five."
Mom- "...So...you're...uh..."
Me- "Yeah."
Mom- "...You're sure? I mean, I know when I was your age I..."
Me- "Mom, I'm sorry, but you aren't getting a grandkid from me the
'propper' way anytime soon, alright?"
Mom- "...Well, there's always your sister"
Then she laughed and told me she was there to talk if I ever wanted to, which was pretty cool. She told my dad for me, and he took it well, too. Last night he was joking around about how now he's got the upper hand in an argument of getting a life-sized poster of Angelina Jolie for the living room...hehe.

I might not be out to everyone else yet, but it feels a lot better now that they know for sure.

Post Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:35 pm 
Dark prism

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

That's really great! I'm so glad they took it so well! That is my dream.

I don't really have a problem with telling the rest of the world, but my parents are still my big hurdle. Someday *sigh*.

Congratulations again, that really took courage.

Arrow

Dp

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:26 am 
charliegirl

Wow they took it well! My dad knows but you will never hear him say a word about it. Mum looks like she has at last accepted that its not a phase, after 10 years or so! She hates it but oh well.

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:36 pm 
RunningGirl

My dad's kinda awkward about it still. He tried speaking to me about the whole thing tonight and he fumbled his words so terribly he just gave up and changed the subject Razz . But he's pretty supportive. Almost relieved, actually! He's hated every single guy that I've gone out with.

Post Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:35 am 
traveller

That's awesome that you were able to tell your parents! I really wish that I thought I'd be able to do that...I just don't see mine being so cool about it...Luckily, I'm living 500+ miles away from them...

Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:45 pm 
findyourpassion

I only hope my parents will not be freaked out about it...sometimes I just want to tell them, an sometimes I wonder if they'll figure it out on their own, and I wonder which would be less of a big deal to them. My mom is gonna flip though, I know it...I tried to tell her once when I was figuring it all out, and she thought it was a "phase" (why does everyone always suggest that it's "just a phase"?). She was so flipped out and I wasn't 100% at the time so I just let her think it was a phase. I wonder if she ever thinks about it now...I am very careful never to broach the subject.

I am so glad for you that your parents are supportive!

Post Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:48 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: