BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

Advice

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic

Advice

Hello. I'm just passing really, but I wondered if anyone could give me some advice. I'm 14 and three quarters and I want to tell my sister I'm gay, but I don't really know what to say. I tried to come out to her when I was 13, but she didn't really believe me - she just said about how it was probably a phase. I've thought about it since then and I'm really sure about it. She's bi herself (although she leans towards preferring guys), and she has gay friends, and we're really close so I know she'll be supportive. I just don't really know how to put it. Any advice?

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:15 pm 
realwoman

Hey (((((((((((((((guest)))))))))))))

Everyone's situation is different and unique, and its difficult to just give advice off the cuff, as I dont know your exact situation, but since u ask so sincerely, I am going to give it a try....

It seems to me that you did come out to your sister allready, she was maybe just not ready to accept it, cause u were just 13? I can understand her reaction to a certain extent, as 13 is the age where we usually become aware of our sexuality, and she maybe thought that u were confused, because she is bi, and she may have thought that u are overidentifying with her?

However, since u are now almost 15, and can proudly state that u are gay, it would be great if she could accept you, and give u some support!

My suggestion would be to write her a nice letter, referring back to when and what u told her before, making it clear that u were not confused, and telling her that you are for real, that you are lesbian, that your feelings are not a 'phase', and that you really would love to have her support...

It sounds to me that she may have understanding this time around, not only because she has gay friends herself, but because u did breach the topic with her before...

I can also suggest the following resources for young lesbians, where u may be able to find support online:

http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?nav=start&webtag=ab-lesbianlife
http://www.Allpoetry.com (excellent for young poets)
http://www.poetsanctuary.proboards47.com/index.cgi

Trusting that you will be succesful, and looking forward to welcome you as a member on your 18th birthday!

Warm wishes

~real

light is to darkness as love is to fear...

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:39 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: