BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

how should i handle this?

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
princess_danniT

how should i handle this?

Hey ladies, I have a question:

Ok, I'm in college, and I've always knew that I was attracted to women, but I never tried to get with one until now. My g/f is the sweetest person I know, and I love her dearly. The thing is, both of us come from Southern Baptist families that would never accept the fact that we are together. I didn't too much care about anyone knowing while school was in session, but now that we're home for winter break(which lasts for about a month) its getting harder and harder to hide the fact that we're together. I hate not being able to tell anyone what our real relationship is(my mom and i already are not on speaking terms because of a previous incident, so this could make her disown me) and the stress of hiding and not being able to be affectionate toward her unless we're completely alone(which doesn't happen often) is really getting to me. If anyone has any advice on how to get through this, it really would help.

Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:00 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Mystic

Hey danniT,

I understand how hard it is to have to hide.
I come from the same background of my own,
sorta.
I'm older though.
And I'm sure judgement will be cast on me, I guess
I'm ready for that.
I think that disowning someone though is a bit extreme,
but that's just my opinion.

Anyways, I am not sure I have much advice.
I am sorry you are dealing with that
and not able to see her.
I know that is really hard.
I know it's a lot of stress
on the relationship.

mystic

Post Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:34 am 
arcane

Hey dannit!

Sorry about your situation...And I know how hard it is coz I've been through the same...and it's a real torture. Frustrating and irritating...My ex (who was my 1st and the only real girlfriend I had as of now) can't even chat with me without her worrying that her parents might caught her chatting with me. I mean, we were just chatting! She was so scared and sometimes, she would just go offline without telling me and it's just frustrating sometimes..but I got used to it. I'm scared of her parents too...they didn't know we're together..but they were having the idea...and we were both scared that her parents will find out...what's worse is that her family and mine are friends...

Anyway, there's really nothing much you can do about your situation...unless you guys are ready to tell your family...for us, we just kept our relationship as hidden as possible...it's pretty difficult coz there are times that we had to act like we don't care about each other and it really hurts...but we have to do it...we're just scared that when our families find out about us, they will try to break us apart and we don't want that to happen...so we had to sacrifice...

It's not really easy to hide and pretend like nothing is going on...but sometimes, we have to think about the consequences of our actions...If you're not ready to tell your families, then I suggest you wait and be patient...as much as possible, try to act casual..talk to her like she's just your best friend...AT LEAST you guys are free to talk to each other without getting negative reactions..lol! As of now, be satisfied with what you have. It's only a month...you can make up with all the loss after your vacation. Wink Maybe you'll be more free to be together when the vacation is over. Good luck! And I hope that helped.

Arrow Arrow Arrow

Post Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: