BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

My situation

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
ifyoucouldonlysee21

My situation

Okay, I've been wanting to post this for a while now, but it's still really hard to talk about so please be gentle.

Last winter, I developed a crush on a close female friend. This was TOTALLY new to me, I had always been a girly girl and had boyfriends throughout high school. Eventually I realized that I was bi, and had had small crushes on girls in the past that I barely noticed because I didn't even consider liking girls. About mid february, I found out that my friend liked me back- she's bi too! I was overjoyed, and we decided to date in secret. We had a lot of fun times, movie outings and sleepovers, and eventually fell in love. This was not easy for me, because one of my previous relationships had been abusive and I had been hurt so badly I didn't think I'd ever love again. But she was different... things I had never enjoyed before, like kissing, felt so very right when I did them with her.

This fall, I went away to college. 4 hours away, which seems even farther when neither of us have a car. She is still in high school back where I'm from. We had adjusted pretty well, talking on the phone a lot and trying not to miss each other too badly, when i got a phone call one sunday morning. My baby was crying and couldn't hardly speak, and I became very worried. She said "I told my parents" and I immediately started to cry. Her parents won't allow her to see or talk to me anymore, and when she's 18 she's going to have to choose between me or her parents. I had to tell my parents too, but they took it okay- since I'm 18 and 4 hours away, there's really not much they can do. So now all my girl and I have to hold on to are short, hurried phone calls and occasional instant messages. Her parents haven't taken away the computer yet, so we still have that.

Of course I'm hurting from this, but she's suffering much worse than I am. Her parents don't take care of her or really care about her, they just worry about their two other children who are little kids. The don't treat her like their child, but they don't give her any freedom either- they treat her like a prisoner. I worry about her so much, she's only 16 and she shouldn't have to go through all this.

I know this was pretty long, and I'm sorry, but I just felt the need to put this out there. Thanks for reading, I love you guys.

Arrow
Em

Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:45 pm 
Mystic

Em, you both sound like two beautiful girls! and I hope and believe that your love will ride it out. I am glad she has you to love her.

I am sorry it has to be so hard and she is in such a controlling situation.

I too am in a long distanc relationship and it is very very hard and had similiar experience cept lil older and met my g/f on the internet, everything was very right with her and all.

I just leave you a hug, and a Exclamation and let ya know that I care and am sorta there with you.

mystic

Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:35 pm 
ifyoucouldonlysee21

Thank you so much, that's sweet. I really believe that we'll make it through, it's just hard right now. I'm glad she has me too, because I'm not really sure what else would keep her going.

I wish you luck in your relationship as well, I'm very glad that you have someone even if it is online and long-distance and everything. It means a lot to know that you're going through something similar, I'm glad to hear from you!

Arrow
Em

Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:46 pm 
Loretta

My little years of experience tell me college can be a loaf of fresh air. I have a friend who had enourmous problems with her parents (for different reasons though), but when she went off to college things got better - she only sees them at weekends, smile here smile there, everything's alright and back to life when it's over.

It may not be a great advice but I assure you, if you're strong to live through these times until she gets away to college (preferrably one near you Idea ), things will just get SO much better.

Exclamation

Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:36 pm 
ifyoucouldonlysee21

Thanks! I know that things will get better for her when she goes to college, her parents want her to go to college in our city but she wants to go to another state school, not the one i'm at. I was thinking about transfering to that school because there's NOTHING around where I am, and a whole host of other reasons... her being there would just be an added bonus. Also her parents aren't paying for her school... some people have assumed that they were and want to send her far away, but that's not the case.

Thank you so much for your words of wisdom!

Arrow
Em

Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:54 pm 
Mystic

((((Em))))) Exclamation

Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:45 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: