BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

How can I 'Come Out' if I don't know what I am?

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
TigressaMae

How can I 'Come Out' if I don't know what I am?

I'm attracted to men.

I'm attracted to women.

Sexually, I am attracted to women.

Mentally, I am attracted to both genders.

I've come out as bisexual to my friends, and bisexual to my family...why is it that I come out as Lesbian to society? Why is it that I'm comfortable in terming myself as a Lesbian?

95% of the time, I have eyes for women...rarely, and currently, that 5 percentile has appeared for the 5% attraction to men...does that make me bisexual...I'm tired of not knowing, ya know?

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:40 am 
Clare

The terms lesbian and bisexual are just labels, its up to you to choose which label fits you best. Being that your 95% lesbian, then I would say that you fit that label best. Just because you identify as lesbian it doesn't mean that you have to be exclusively lesbian, if you fall in love a man one day then so be it! Its just a label about how you choose to indentify yourself! It means more to you than it does to other people.

Some women identify as straight but occasionally, sleep with other women. Sexuality is not black and white, its a lot more complex than that!

I think the term gay is more broadly encompassing than lesbian, so maybe you could just identify as gay.

I can indentify with what your saying and I think of myself as lesbian (but I don't rule out the possibilty of falling in love with a man). I have in the past had feelings for a guy, or so I thought I did. Sexually I don't find mens bosies attractive, but I was attracted sexually to this one guy.

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:02 am 
lynn

TigressaMae,

If, as you say, you're attracted to women 95% of the time, sexually attracted to women, and comfortable terming yourself as a lesbian; then I think it's safe to say you're a lesbian.

It seems that your main hangup so to speak with accepting the lesbian 'label' is the 5% of the time when you find yourself attracted to a man...Well, if this is the only thing holding you back from full acceptance, maybe it would be nice to just think of yourself as a lesbian 'with an open mind'!

L Exclamation

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:17 pm 

Labels, labels, labels. What is it with our society and labels? Some things just refuse to be defined, and for a lot of people, sexual and emotional orientation is one of those things. Just be who you are, love who you love, and don't worry so much about finding a word for it.

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:48 pm 
Greenshadow

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous:
Labels, labels, labels. What is it with our society and labels? Some things just refuse to be defined, and for a lot of people, sexual and emotional orientation is one of those things. Just be who you are, love who you love, and don't worry so much about finding a word for it.

By the way, this was my post. I just forgot that I'd logged out before I posted it. Sorry about that, ne. Embarassed

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: