BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Member Introductions

introduction

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
Is it ok for me to post here?
yes
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
no
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
depends on topic
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
lynn

introduction

Hi, my name is Lynn and I'm a guy. I know this site is geared towards women, but I would appreciate being able to post from time to time as I believe your insights may be useful to me. Let me explain...

I'm a straight man, married for the past ten years with two beautiful boys (ages 6 and 9). I know I prefer feminine things more than masculine things (although I'm not a crossdresser). For example, I've never watched a Super Bowl game, I would much prefer to watch the Home and Garden Network. Likewise, I gave up reading 'Playboy' when I got married out of respect to my wife. Now I prefer "Martha Stewart Living".

My wife introduced me to pedicures a couple of years ago, and now I enjoy the pampering of getting a pedicure monthly (french tips). Sometimes my wife and I go together. My wife has introduced me to moisturisers and better skin care.

In general, I accept my wife's lead in our family matters. While we discuss all issues and generally agree 98% of the time, I accept her decisions as final and I accept her authority in our home.

I guess what I hope to learn here is a better understanding of the way women think and feel. I want to learn how better to understand my wife's feelings and how I may be a better husband. From reading some posts on this site, I know there are many things about men that the women here fing upsetting, and I want to learn more about this area so that I may be more respnsive and understanding.

If I am not welcome to post here, please let me know and I will refrain from posting.

Lynn:roll:

Post Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:53 pm 
ghost

hi lynn

welcome to mels.

thank you for introducing yourself, and making it clear what your intentions are. i applaud your willingness to learn what makes your wife tick. the problems and difficulties surrounding lesbian relationships are the same as those you get in heterosexual relationships, so i am sure you will learn something of value to you.

feel free to post, as long as you do not ask questions or make statements that inflame others or attack the dignity of our members.

regards
ghost

Post Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:55 am 
sherbet lemons

Welcome

Hi Lynn
Hope you find some help from this wonderful site. The ppl seem very nice.

Post Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:01 am 
lynn

Dear Ghost and Sherbet Lemons,

Thanks for your welcoming posts. Very Happy

Ghost, please rest assured that I would never intentionally offend or attack anyone's dignity. I'm not that type of person. I will always have the utmost respect for everyone here. From the posts I have read, the people on this forum are very nice, and I know I will learn a lot and benefit greatly.

L

Post Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:51 pm 
lynn

Re-Introduction

I just wanted to re-intoduce myself. I left this forum for a couple of years and just recently revisited it, so I thought it best to say 'hi' and post my intro again Smile

Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:06 pm 
Dark prism

Hi lynn,

I have always felt it was fine to have men here as long as they are respectful, and at least in this thread, you have been.

My only personal request is that you let us know in each of your posts that you are a man. Especially since you have a feminine name, I think other women will think you are a woman. We can't be expected to go back and read the intro thread on each person before reading their posts to know all about them. I think it would be a nice courtesy to put it in each post you make. It could even be part of your tag line at the bottom of each post.

Again, this is not a rule of Mels, just something I recommend to men so that no one is misled.

Welcome back to Mels.

Dp

Post Sat May 16, 2009 7:57 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: