BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Member Introductions

New here

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
jlybn57

New here

Hi there. I'm new to this site. I'm glad I found it.

I am 23 and am in a long-term, committed (lesbian, of course) relationship. My babies are a cat and two ferrets. I have a bachelor's degree in Physical Anthropology, but I am working as a licensed massage therapist while I take a break from the university scene. I plan to go back and get my Ph.D. in Anthropology eventually. I love to read and am told I am also a good writer. I am not very creative, though, so I write better when doing research and the like. I also enjoy art that is thought provoking and unique, and most kinds of music (at least to a point).

I'm not sure what else to say, but feel free to ask me. I'll tell you ALMOST anything you want to know.
"There is nothing mixed up about a woman who loves women, who wants to have sex with them, or who identifies as a lesbian. It is society that is mixed up because it punishes people for not conforming to its gender stereotypes."
~ Edward Stein

Last edited by jlybn57 on Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
lastchance

hmmm...almost anything eh...*tries to decide if she feels like toeing the line*...nah...i feel like being nicer...lol.

welcome to the site...i'm new myself actually...^^

see ya round.

~lastchance

Post Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:40 pm 
melons
Site Admin

Hi Jlybn Very Happy

Welcome to Melswebs ... how about telling us a little more about what Physical Anthropology involves Wink

Hope you enjoy the site...

Mel Cool

Post Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:09 pm 
jlybn57

Physical Anthropology...

...ok, I can do that.

Anthropologists, in a very broad sense, study human culture. Archaeology is one of four subfields of anthropology and most people know what that is.

Physical anthropologists can do a few different things. The most common areas of study are bones (called osteology or skeletal anatomy), modern primate behavior, or human evolution (including species like Neandertal and Homo erectus , looking for that ever elusive "missing link").

I am trained in osteology and am interested in Forensic Anthropology which involves the study and identification of modern human skeletal remains. Usually I am involved when law enforcement discovers a body that cannot be identified because it is skeletonized to determine age, sex, race, and stature, and ultimately identity when possible. I do occasionally work with a professor at the university that I attended while getting my Bachelor's, but I cannot work independently or teach independently at a university without a Ph.D., hence the massage therapy.

Now that I have rambled on and probably bored some and confused others...are there any more questions?? Laughing
"There is nothing mixed up about a woman who loves women, who wants to have sex with them, or who identifies as a lesbian. It is society that is mixed up because it punishes people for not conforming to its gender stereotypes."
~ Edward Stein

Post Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:16 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Tigger
Site Admin

Wink Phew

No questions lol .....just welcome and thanks for joining us.

Tigs

Post Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:24 pm 
jlybn57

Very Happy
~ Edward Stein

Post Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:25 pm 
twilight

Glad to have someone to talk to from KS. I am sure we will chat more at a later time!

The lengthening shadows wait The first pale stars of twilight. ~~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Post Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:29 pm 
melons
Site Admin

Very Happy

I'm neither bored nor confused Smile I'm a scientist by profession and must admit that if there were more hours in the day and if life was perpetual then I would want to at least study the basics of 'everything'.....oh, excluding politics and religion..they are best left alone in any topic lol

This site provides release for creativity and I hope you enjoy it Wink

All the best,

Mel Cool

Post Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:24 pm 
Eaglet

hello Smile im new too. lol

Post Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:33 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: