BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

Finding My True Self

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Capricorn

Finding My True Self

I've always known there was something different about me. I would catch myself checking other women out. I used to get crushes on girls when I was very young. I always thought there was something wrong with me and one day I would meet the "right guy" and fall in love and that would be the end of my the crazy feelings I felt myself having towards other women. When I was 12 years old I had my first kiss. It was with another girl it was wonderful. I was still trying to tell myself I was straight though and the years went by. I never dated or kissed a guy until this year. I thought if I slept with a guy it would make change me some how. But I've since realized the truth about myself... and I have accepted the fact that I have sexual feelings for women. This is all still new to me though and most people don't know about it. I have a fear of not being accepted by my family and friends because of it. I don't know what to do. Sad

Post Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:35 pm 
Tigger
Site Admin

Smile Welcome Capricorn

Well thats a difficult one as everyone reacts differently...there is only you that will know if it is right to tell them and when.

Through my experience of myself and my friends.... I have found that most parents and friends accept you for what you are as they love you for you and not your sexuality.

Sometimes it does take a little time for your parents and other to adjust to the news and may need a little bit of space.

Hope all goes well for you.

Tigs Rolling Eyes

Post Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:48 pm 
Capricorn

Thanks... I'm sure most of the people I know will eventually accept me for who I am. I'm not too sure about my dad though. The weird thing is it would be more acceptable by my family if I were a gay male. I have a couple of cousins that are gay... and they are both men. My family doesn't treat them any differently however one of my older sisters had a couple of friends. Everyone in my family thought they were both great people until they found out they were lesbians. I wasn't even allowed to stay with my sister... who was living with one of them at the time because my parents were sure I would be molested by her(the friend). They were also worried that my sister's friends would "turn me gay" if I was around them too much.

Post Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:27 pm 
Jaci

"coming out" and letting others know about your sexuality is definatley a hard decsion...trying to figure out the right words, right time, and so on. It's something I'm dealing with also, so I do know how you feel and where you're coming from. From my own experience, I've talked with a few close friends and the response has been very positive. The one I'm most worried about is my mom. I have a friend who is a lesbian and I'm expecting the "she turned you gay" speech or "it's just a phase." I want to let others know but I'm apprehensive about the reaction. My best advice...do it when you're ready...(I'm working on taking my own advice too). Smile Best of luck.

~Jaci

Post Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:20 am 
spenz

press on, baby...everybody's situation is different. Just...press on. Try not to worry too much....just, press on

Post Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:04 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: