BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

Lesbian...do u ever get used to that word?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
NATURALLY

As for me I can't stand being labeled "lesbian" by strangers. Because it's seems like people use this word as a curse to hold somebody up to shame. Besides, I don't think I am a lesbian in the full sense of the word. But generally speaking I think this term sounds very beautiful and I associate it with beauty. And I like to pronounce it when I'm with friends.

Post Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:55 pm 
lucky-E-leven

I wasn't a big fan of any label when I was in the process of coming out. It seemed that most labels, though universal for us, meant something different to each person. Queer seems to be the most off-putting, followed closely by dyke, and on down the line until you get to lesbian, which is gaining HAWT points every day.
*shrug*
I use different terminology in different company, but yes you will get used to it and yes you will likely begin to feel a surge of pride while saying it when you reconcile any lingering societal conditioning within.

Good luck with the transition. Best thing that ever happened to me. Wink

~lucky

There are no good girls gone wrong, only bad girls found out. ~Mae West

Post Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:42 am 
emmkob

Coming out

Not sure I ever want to be "out" to the entire world.....I am happy with who I am with. Why is society focused on who a person shares their life with. I don't get it and never will. Doesnt matter that I am as happy as I'll ever be....it's different and wrong in the same sense for straight people. "My" happiness is never the issue...the issue is how wrong it is to the ignorant people in society...dont get it...tired of it!

Post Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:02 am 
Tjedza

yeah...

everyone knows i'm gay but they'd never ask me Smile
it doesnt bother me when people say the word- but there was this one time i was at a party and was dancing with my girlfriend and this one guy goes "go do your gay $h*t somewhere else" then i got MAD and i ended up in a fist fight with the guy- i got seriously beaten up but... it was worth it. Wink
Kisses that neither touch nor care to touch if
LOVE IS INTERNAL.

Post Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:19 am 
beautifullyjaded

Well, I'm about out as out can be without actually screaming "Hi, my name is Nikki and I love women because I'm a lesbian!" off the top of the Empire State building. Although that sounds like something I should do. As for being called a lesbian, I had a shirt made that says "Lesbian and Single" so I don't mind the term.

hugs,
Bj

Post Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:18 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: