BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

Sometimes it's so hard...

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
calypso

Sometimes it's so hard...

hi...
Sometimes this really sucks.. A few minutes ago I was sitting in my living room watching TV with my parents and my father was zipping trought the channels when he stopped at a stand up comedy with a lesbian comedian on it.
He immedeately switched to another channel and said something like:
I'm not going to watch something with one of those stupid dykes on it, it should be forbidden to show such a THING on national television!
I felt such a deep rush of anger arousing from deep inside, that immedeately turned into profound sadness.. Sad
I wanted to leave an never come back.. go out and scream and free the pain inside my soul..
Never come back again, be free.. But soon I remembered I had no place to go.. A very good friend of mine,where I always use to go when I couldn't stand it anymore, was arrested yesterday for a crime he did not commit..
I don't mean to bother you with this, I'm sure you all have your own problems to deal with.. but I just needed to write it down , otherwise I would explode I think..

Post Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:27 pm 
sapphic_pride

Hey Calypso. I'm sorry that you're feeling sad, and that things aren't going great for you. I wish there was more I could do than write a reply to your post. Don't worry about 'bothering' anyone. Thats what places like this are for. You're hurting right now, and you needed a place to get it out of your system. I hope by posting what you are feeling helped allieviate it, even just a tiny bit. I hope you feel better.

Post Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:23 am 
DanceofSorrows

(Caly)

Just Hugs~

Dance~

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:52 pm 
Greenshadow

That's so sad! Some people just don't seem to understand how much their prejudice can hurt others...

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
shelfy

calypso,
Sorry to hear that your dad acted that way. Sometimes ppl are just scared of what they don't know. Unfortunately, I have to hear those same kinds of hurtful words almost everyday, from my own husband. He hates my little brother, because he is gay, always makes mean comments to my little brother, about being gay......then makes remarks to me, about my little brother or about t.v. shows or movies that have gay/lesbian ppl or themes involved. My hubby knows that I like women as well as men......if he thinks that about other gay/lesbians, what does he really think of me?
I just pray his closed minded views don't rub off on our son.
I know your anger and sadness all to well....i am sure all the wonderful women on here do as well. Keep your chin up

Post Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:54 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
calypso

Thanks a lot for your replies,
you really keep me going..
Cali**

Post Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:46 pm 
wcschwall

Cali........

Hang in there my friend and do come to this site for support. Your
Dad doesn't know any other way to behave, since his behavior was
a learned one that thankfully is being replaced by a more loving way
of raising kids. He can't help that...bu he can and probably will, change.
That is his choice and that is not about YOU. But it "all" takes takes
time and a heavy dose of the LGBT communities patience.

Speaking of TV. Have you ever seen IN THE LIFE on your PBS station?
It is a 60 minute format on "US" and is great!

Fill up your support needs...here... for starters.

Post Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:37 am 
baby_dyke86

*hugs* I have never had that happen to me and I am sorry it happened to you. I wish there was something profound I could say to make all your troubles blow away with the wind......but nothing I say will take away the anger you felt. And that's great. Get angry. Get mad. Get so upset that you feel like you want to reach over and jam the remote somewhere not nice. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I'm here for ya'.

Post Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:20 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
moore20

calypso
I understand how you are feeling.. One time i was listening to the L Word soundtrack and "It's some kind of wonderful" came on and my mom made me turn it off because she said that "it is evil music- having women sing about women" I cried for a long time.....but now my mom is starting to come around....now she talks about how their are gay people at her church and they are really good people. so dont worry things can turn around. but i understand that you hurting now.....keep your chin up!
-moore

Post Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:17 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: