BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

I need to bitch about...

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
cmichelle1119

I need to bitch about...

I am sure most of you know that I am a preschool teacher...so I'm not in the habit of coming out at work...I simply aviod the subject and most people just think I'm like the sad lonely girl with no one in her life except my adorable little ones and my dogs...I have recently started a new job and at my last job my co-teacher has become a very good friend and knows I'm gay...So now I am stuck with four other teachers at this new school who are completely religious,republican,and prejudice.I have a little boy in my class who has two moms and I get to hear their fucking comments everyday about how it isn't right and how sick it is that they are gay and have a son...BLA BLA BLA!!!!!!!I said today "How do you know I don't have two moms or that I am not close to someone who is gay"...they laughed and continued to gossip about the lesbians...I am not good at keeping my mouth shut when I'm pissed and I nearly came out...I feel like going to the teacher lounge and standing up in front of everyone and saying "I AM A LESBIAN!!!!!!!!!!!Sorry if my vent is typical but I'm really tired of being in this position...I think I need to move back up north!!! Evil or Very Mad

~A pissed off Mich.... Rolling Eyes

Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:57 am 
chordphrute

michelle - i completely understand what you're going through. You have two choices...you can 1. come out and risk your career 2. hold it in, learn to marinate on anger and let it roll off our shoulders.... I would choose the second one...or should I say, I plan to choose the second one, as I know I will encounter the same issues when I obtain my degree and start to teach next year...people are assholes and as a teacher, your life will forever be closeted....unless somehow you end up at some school where all the parents of the kids are gay or something...which is doubtful....but at any rate...keep holding on. The fact that you are a lesbian teacher in the first place is a type of bravery I think only we can understand...if you ever need to chat, my IM is
'I IV V I Fr6 V I'.

Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:03 am 
Linda Bray

Mich,
Big hugs hun! It is always hard being in the closet...and dealing with prejudice...no matter what kind it is hun. I often tell people....would you stand by if someone were speaking in a degrading way about someone of color....? Sometimes i have simply said...excuse you but this conversation is very prejudice and I do not tolerate prejudice....against people of color, religion, disibilities etc. Or sweet one....you can move to cali!!! Hehe....we don't care who the heck ya love!!!! Yeahhhhhhhhhh Cailifornia!!!
Love yass muchly,
linda

Post Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
cmichelle1119

Chord~
Thanks hun..yes I do think it is brave of us...I am simply not used to living in a state that is mainly republican and well extreme religious...I just feel there is nothing wrong with what a person chooses for there life whether it be religion,orientation,political status..I don't care but we don't have the right to push our beliefs on another.People just don't think before they speak...Ugh!Makes me mad, but I'll deal with it.Hope you are well hun!

Many Hugs~
Michelle

Post Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:13 am 
cmichelle1119

Linda~
Hey there gorgeous...yes I think I need to move somewhere that is more excepting of diversity,but I have many reasons for staying here.Oh this world has so much further to come along but little by little we are making progress...takes time and I hope by the time that little Grant is in high school the fact he has to momma's will be a good thing and not to uncommon.It is just hard to stand there and feel like if you speak out it may cause a ripple effect I don't wanna deal with,yet I cannot let them assume that their comments are ok with me either...I'll handle it just gotta find the right way to.Your awesome babes and I hope you are well!

Many Hugs~
Michelle

Post Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:18 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: