BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Moans & Groans

What to do?

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Spike

What to do?

Hi! This is my first post... gulp. Something has been bothering me, so I thought that I would get some opinions from the boardies. Very Happy

I've been with my gf for five years. We have a wonderful relationship, but there is something that she does that bothers me. I'm normally a very strong person, and things don't easily bother me. However, this does. Rolling Eyes

My gf's ex had given her a pet name when they used to be together. It's been over five years since they've been together, but yet my gf and her ex still refer to my gf by that pet name. My gf will sign her letters to her ex using the pet name, and even uses this name as a password her accounts. Before you jump to conclusions... I know this because she has told me so, and has shown me emails that they have written each other... not because I spy on her. Wink

Should I be annoyed with this? It really bothes me, and I don't know why. I feel that our relationship is very stable, and we are great at communicating. I've brought this up a few times, however, my gf sort of blows it off saying that I'm being silly. Rolling Eyes

Am I being silly? Sad

Post Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:36 am 
freebird69

I wouldn't worry about it too much. If your relationship is stable and you communicate regularly, it shouldn't cause you a problem. Although, i can see why you get upset by it... but just remember, its in the past...she is with you now, and has been for 5 years...so that should tell you something!! She probably just 'blows it off' when you talk to her about it because to her, its not a big deal... so maybe you should start thinking about it as 'not a big deal' also... don't let it destroy anything about your relationship with her.. it sounds like a 'keeper'... try your best not to let it bother you... xx

Post Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:48 pm 
DJ FOX

My opinion

Well I certainly can't speak for everyone but if that was my girl I would be very upset because that makes it seem like there is still something there. Then again I don't believe in being friends with ex's at all.
It's hard enough to be taken seriously in the struggle for gay rights without having a bunch of straight girls running around kissing each other to get the attention of the boys and videocameras. ~M. Robin D'Antan, 2002

Post Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:40 pm 
Evrae

Pet name

The only pet names you should have from exs or about them is animal names! It would tell me that this 'Pet Name' means something very special and doesnt want to let go of the feeling it gives her to hear it or say it. History is history!

Post Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:24 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Spike

Thanks for your responses! Very Happy

You're right Freebird69... I feel quite secure with my relationship, and I've never thought about her wanting to rekindle what she had with her ex. I really don't mind that she's still friends with her. The ex lives in another country now, and they only correspond in emails a couple of times a month.

With all that aside... the pet name thing still bugs me. Rolling Eyes I just see it as if she doesn't think it's a big deal, then why not stop doing it because it upsets me? Rolling Eyes

I'm beginning to sound like a sniveling girl now, aren't I? Confused LOL

Post Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:08 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: