BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Moans & Groans

Stuck?

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
lainy

Stuck?

I can't seem to make a decision, stay or go? I stay home because of a diability, I contibute money each month, plus take care of the house. My gf works, she doesn't make alot, but the bills get paid. Her money is direct deposited, I have little say in finances. We do not have any joint accounts. I have lived with her almost a year, and we have the same arguments, with no resolutions. If you walked into our home you would not know I live here, I have very little person affects around. But that really isn't the problem, its the lack of emotional closeness. I have turned myself inside out, am I too needy, I am too selfish, am I expecting too much? My son is moving and has asked me to live with him, he is willing to move into a larger apartment or house. I am struggling with this, a part of me wants to go, yet I don't. My gf had told me she didn't share well, I thought that would change once she trusted me and being in love. In the year and a half I have been with her, I have never driven her car, she doesn't trust me with her money, and there are few changes in the house. I do love her, sometimes I get a glimpse of her sensitive side, but then there are times when I feel like a roomate.

Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Loversheart2

I understand

Very Happy Hey dear friend I hear you and totally understand please read your pm's. Lets talk soon I have missed chatting with you. Thinking of you.... Here for you.... Very Happy

Post Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:59 pm 
Renee

Lainy?
If you feel comfortable living with your son, do it. A year and a half, and your girlfriend hasn't let you drive her car? That's "effed" up. Disability or no, you can do better than this. Please feel free to P.M. me. You deserve way better.

Renee Sad

Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:03 am 
mspachy

Perhaps making a move with your son is just what you need. Things shouldn't be the way they are for you after the time you've spent together and if you don't see that things will significantly change then eventually you have to say when. Remember, as one door closes another always opens, keep your eyes open and you'll see it in no time.

-mspachy

Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
topaz117

Lainy,

Love yourself enough to take care of yourself. Your g/f was at least being truthful with you about herself and her personality. Sometimes when people are 'honest' about who they are, they feel that it is okay to continue to be selfish and inconsiderate. Your g/f doesn't seem to know how to reach out and meet you halfway, it seems you are just along for the ride.
Take your son's offer if you feel comfortable, and be grateful that you have a caring child who wants to help take care of his mom.

Topaz

Post Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:33 am 
MistressHaven

I completley understand. I have yet to speak to you but I hope we can soon. My recent ex and I had a very similar situation. She has moved on but this home that for the longest time I did not completley see as mine, is now a lonley place. She made more money than I did. Most of the belongings here are hers. For the most part we acted as roommates than a married couple. I love her dearly and miss her with all my heart but as you can see our relationship was not far from yours. Please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

your newest friend,
MH

Post Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:49 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
NIC

Don't hate me for this......... ah fuck it hate me!

1- WHY ON EARTH ARE YA'LL ALREADY LIVING TOGETHER IT'S ONLY A YEAR AND A HALF MAN!
that right there could be part of the problem!

2- If ANYONE expected me to live "UNDER THEIR WING" with no sense of self or my personal style or contributing into the ambiance of our home I'd be out!

3- And a very important pointer for you!

THE MINUTE YOU LOOSE YOURSELF IN A REALTIONSHIP IS THE MINUTE THAT REALTIONSHIP ENDS............This I promiseYou!

Post Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:23 pm 
NIC

[quote="topaz117"]Lainy,

Your g/f was at least being truthful with you about herself and her personality. Sometimes when people are 'honest' about who they are, they feel that it is okay to continue to be selfish and inconsiderate.

Topaz I gotta disagree with this one !

Sorry babe But if me lady wants to ignore the facts that I personally laid out on the table then it aint my problem!

Making someone well aware of what their getting into is not the problem!
The problem occurs when that person tries to change ya knowing well enough what your about!
Am I alone in this thought or what?

Post Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:28 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: