BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Moans & Groans

gossips, do you like it?

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
ashamed

gossips, do you like it?

you know, i want to speak to you all about life and especially about people. i know few persons who don't usually have quarrels, don't like gossips and don't like to tell any negative things about others...can you tell me, why do people like it so much? i even can't tell you that usually women are fond of it...men like it too. well, i mean, have you ever such problems, had you ever quarells with other people? and why? and how did you solve this problems...i'm interested in it really very much..

Post Wed May 04, 2005 7:42 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
heartofwoman

Ah, we think alike Ashamed, I hate gossip especially when it hurts someone.

I have no idea why people like it though. I never gossip about anyone nor do i listen to it.

Also drama..."yada is cheating on whoever" "this ain't your baby" I don't like that either. i don't enjoy watching other people's lives fall apart and I think of it as a sick obsession lol.

Post Tue May 24, 2005 3:42 pm 
wyldhart

mmmnn...i tend to think that the people that gossip and create drama are those sad individuals who like to live vicariously through others and that their own lives are so dull and lifeless that they have to try to color it with the negativity of gossip and drama.....they want to be involved but are socially inept. .i love to steer clear of all that negative energy..i refuse to be touched by it...as i am all about positive good energies. If i wanted drama....i'd watch lifetime...

keep it precious..
warm hugs
wyld

Post Fri May 27, 2005 7:22 am 
Loversheart2

No Gossip is wrong hurtful and cruel to the ones its about and can never be taken back. Sorry but I would never do that to a friend or anyone.

Post Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:38 pm 
mspachy

My feelings are that people that gossip and listen to gossip are the same type people that sit and watch Jerry Springer and shows of that sort. They are unhappy in their lives and can feel a tiny bit better about their situation if they can believe someone else has it worse. Kind of...wow, I drink too much, but at least I don't cheat on my spouse..or I'm sloppy but at least I don't yadda yadda.. I totally hate people that get joy out of others sorrow Crying or Very sad

-Mspachy

Post Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:10 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
shelfy

I hate gossip as well.....especially when its coming from your own family...thats really hurtfull.....so i don't really talk to my family about myself or any difficult situations that arise in my life. And gossip is hard to avoid at work as well...it always seems like a big rumor mill, and its so hard to avoid. But gossip is everywhere, and its for little minded people who have nothing better to to with their time, than to talk about others behind their backs, then smile and act like they are your friend when your around.

Post Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Phoenix
Moderators

Hmmm, gossip or information. The work grapevine can be very useful in positioning yourself to gain and or at least not loose given a certain situation. The news is full of political gossip. The pundits expounding on what so and so will do, what motivates them. It is necessary as one's past will often give good clues to their future actions. It's also easily used to manipulate the masses and the sheeple graze in that pasture constantly.

brat

Post Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:15 pm 
shelfy

There is gossip and information at the work place or anywhere for that matter. I am all for getting ahead at work or in life, but not by using hurtful rumors as a tool to get there. If the situation arises and you can get ahead because of someones shortcomings(like poor attitude or poor work habits), its all fair game. As for the news and a society in hole, i have to agree with what you said. I for one can't really stand watching the news, its always horrible and terrible things going on, and it breaks my heart to watch it. But people gravitate towards the negative, it seems, which just seems to fuel the machine even more. God forbid the news ever just reported on the positive things going on in the world. They wouldn't get any ratings...

Post Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Tigger
Site Admin

Smile My point of view is if you are not prepared to say what you are talking about to the person it concerns face .......then you should not be saying it at all.

But we are all different and some people find gossiping fun.

Tigs Smile

Post Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:02 pm 
ashamed

mspachy, he he he))) i watched this show when i was in moscow)))) it's funny, really, i was laughing a lot))) we had practically the same show but it was called "windows")))) my mark in geogrphy is not correct, i don't know this subject, but i've got excellent, because we had a project to delete "windows" and we did it!))))well, maybe not we, but there is no "windows" on TV)))

Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:38 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Linda Bray

ashamed,
I guess it depends on what you call gossip...if you go to one person...or two that you trust to seek help in dealing with issues you have with someone else...then go directly to that person to work things out thats one thing. If however...you are engaged with someone who is angry or hurt and they are saying things about someone else...you are only getting one side of things. You are making a judgement on only half the information....and if you continue this route you are then part of the drama and continue perpetuating the drama. Ask the person who is gossiping why they are doing so. Are the angry over past issues? Passive aggressive behaviors are often involved...revenge. Sometimes people gossip because they are not very involved in real life in many ways...or because they have issues they have not dealt with and it is much easier to avoid your own issues if you point the finger at others. People are often hurt by such things....and it creates too many problems. Also always keep in mind...that most people who will talk about others behind their back....will more than likely do the same with you at some point and time.
Peace,
Linda

Post Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:44 pm 
NIC

GOSSIP KILLS!

Post Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:53 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: