BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Moans & Groans

Lost my JOB

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sothernnite

Lost my JOB

well..i guess i can just vent away here cant i.
today my place of employment had to lay off numerous people. 15-20 total. i guess i really didnt think i was one of them but unfortunately i was. the good thing is that i get a stay-on bonus if i remain until the place closes plus i get a severance package. if i dont stay...i get just the severance package.
i guess what really bothers me most is that the ones that kept a position werent nearly as deserving or qualified as some of those who were let go...and i am not just talking about myself. i work with several single women that are EXTRAORDINARY at their jobs. many of them are single moms and one is a 60+ yr old that supports her aging and unhealthy mom so she doesnt have to go to a nursing home. it isnt a pity thing really. these women didnt and dont and still wont KISS ASS if you paid them by letting them keep their jobs. it isnt who they are or what i am.
i left to take the rest of the day off cause i thought..well what the hell, ya know? what are they going to do/ fire me!?!?!?! HA!!!! i busted my ass in that place. i came in early. i did more than my job required. i even helped out in other departments when they were short handed. i was cross trained to almost every position the place had. and i got screwed b/c my fucking nose wasnt brown enough. and b/c i had some dinity about myself.
well all i can say now is that i still have my dignity. and i didnt kiss ass to keep it.
sothernnite

Post Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:10 pm 
Phoenix
Moderators

I'm sorry this has happened sothernnite. What do you intend to do now? Do you have any other ideas lined up for work etc?? Take care of yourself and don't forget you have support here, to vent, talk, flirt, and share. I'll be calling you soon.

Hugs,

brat

Post Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:42 am 
pose

Hi Sothernnite

I was in the same situation back in 1999. Did not expect that I would be axed. Got mad too.

I am OK now with another job. Met someone at the new place and had a brief relationship. My life is more balanced. Used my previous knowledge and use in the new organization.

Get over your uptightness quick and better get going with life. Start something immediately. If you take too long to pick up from where you left, might affect your self-esteem and confidence.

All the best to you.

Post Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:44 pm 
melons
Site Admin

((((Southern)))) I don't know you but I know you are a good friend of a good friend of mine so I guess a cuddle is ok...

I'm sorry to hear what has happened to you but am glad you retain your dignity...

Are you going to stay on and get the bonus? sounds like a good idea to me but that would depend on whether any other job opportunities arise for you. I keep my fingers crossed that you (and the others) find another job soon and you can come vent here any time you wish to...

Hugs

Mel

Post Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:15 pm 
sothernnite

thanks everybody. i appreciate the backup so to speak.
and mel, a lil cuddle never hurt anyone. i thank you
and brat, thanks babydoll. i know you're always there.
and pose thanks as well.
i've decided to do the stay on thing for anumber of reasons, one it is more money in my pocket that i can spend for a new wardrobe for a new job. thi one was very lax and i could were my jeans shorts etc. i may hae to step it up for hte next job. also, i am thinking baout more schooling, mainly for the fact that i can get more education under my belt, and the fact that i can collect unemployment until a more ideal position comes along.
yall are a great bunch of ladies. thanks for keeping me on your minds at this time
thanks
sothernnite

Post Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:56 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: