BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Moans & Groans

Love to moan...

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Mara

Love to moan...

Pfff…. I’m feeling all kinds of things and it’s exhausting. Okay, I just want to get something of my plate!

I’m a student. I studied the German language for two years, I didn’t finish it. Now I’m studying theology. I’m in my third year. I moved across the country for college. My family and friends are a 2 hour journey away (for many of you that won’t sound that far, but for me it is). The first two years, I went home every weekend. Now in my third year I’m doing an internship at a church near my college. This means I don’t get to go home on the weekends anymore. Since the beginning of September I’ve only been home once. The next time will be just before new years eve’. I miss my family and friends!! I miss being in my hometown.

I knew I would miss them, so I joined a students’ union. I also have some new housemates, and a new church. I have new classes and new classmates….
In my head there is so much saying goodbye to all that I had my whole life (my family, friends, church, hometown) and in the same time getting to know so many new things…

I’m exhausted. I don’t sleep well, I don’t know what to do with all these things I feel, because the people I usually talk with, aren’t here anymore etc, etc, etc….

Then again it’s a time where I can learn so much… just have to get the energy again..!

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:34 pm 
PipSqueak

(((((Mara)))))
Are you using facebook and webcams to keep in touch with friends/family back home? If they are real friends you'll be amazed at how quickly you fall back in when you see them. Very Happy It's so warming. Very Happy
Your new friends and experiences which will help you and your community if you settle back or prepare you for what is life's next step.

If you're not home for xmas, make plans now so you're busy over the holiday, invite people to you or to meet up for drinks and they're likely to reciprocate when they realise you're not at home.

You are being so brave and so strong! Well done!!

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:39 pm 
Mara

Hey Purple,

thank you for your encouraging words. Sometimes I need someone to tell me that what I'm doing is the right thing!

My parents visited today and my sister is coming this week, so that's nice!

And I don't have to worry about christmas. I'm working in a church, so there will be plenty to do! Very Happy

Again: You're awesome!

Post Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:52 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: