BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Moans & Groans

indecision ( advice please)

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
worldwonder

indecision ( advice please)

Hello

I need advice as what would be the right thing to do. Am torn and can't decide as which road to take on this cross road.
As my contract endes here in the state and will be returning home soon after 2 years of being away.

I find myself examining as which road to take,
#1 being start a work caree at home, while surrounded by family and friends. An be caught up in a routine of life
# 2 countinue with my traveling, see different parts of the world. An fulfill my dream and passion to travel. See where i will end up caree wise.

Each one has it's different outcomes in the end in my view, i do want a caree one day, yet the other side of me wants to travel. JEEZ Question

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:25 am 
Dark prism

You can always come home, but the road not taken, will always make you wonder.

If you begin your travels and you change your mind, can you not come home?

Of course there is something to be said for the comforts and love of home and family, but sometimes even that can get stifling.

Be happy that you have the choice to make---some don't.

Good luck.

Dp

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:06 am 
desert-fish

when you sit by the fireside, you want to be out on an adventure
but
when you are out on an adventure, you want to sit by the fireside?

parhaps examine what it is that makes you feel so restless...perhaps it is just that your chosen career is too boring or insufficiently creative/ challenging. Its just an idea that I have in my head, but I think that if you were challenged at work, you would be more appreciative of domestic stability, and familiar things

just a thought ok?

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:14 am 
Cavewoman

see the world first

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:43 pm 
nobodysangel

my thoughts

Take the time to see the world. Travel!! Do things, explore then explore some more!! You have plenty of time to settle down later on with your career, find a partner, have kids if you so choose. If you were to go home and settle down, I'm afraid a part of you would someday resent the hell out of that choice. You'd always wonder, ''what might have been..'' Life is to short to live with regrets. Take a deep breathe, and travel. Just go where the winds take you if you have no particular desination in mind. If you do have places that you want to go, research those places and learn some of the customs and the traditions, make like Nike and ''just do it'' Wink Did you know that in some cultures a smile is seen as a threat? That you mean that person harm? Shocked I read that in one of my travel books, I'd always thought a smile was universal. I could see my crazy ass off in some foreign country smiling, then next thing I know, I'd be strung up for dinner!! Shocked ok so I got of topic, can't help it!! I'm a talker!! Travel honey, you won't regret it when you get older.You will have plenty of time 40 years from now to sit at your dining room table and relive all of the wonderful memories you have the chance to take. Do it!!! Wink

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:06 pm 
worldwonder

THANK YOU

FOR EVERYONES THOUGHTS AND IT HAS HELPED SETTLE SOME DOUBTS I HAD ABOUT WHICH ROAD TO TAKE NEXT.

WITH THOUGH THROUGH PLANNING AND FAITH I WILL SEE WHERE THE LIVE ON THE ROAD WILL LEAD ME AND TEACH ME.

NOW I HAVE TO PRAY MY MOTHER DOES'NT KNOCK ME OVER WITH HAMMER AND STRAP ME DOWN TO A CHAIR. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing SERIOUSLY

Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:55 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: