BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Moans & Groans

Just getting some things out...

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
wishonastar

Just getting some things out...

ok so i know a few have asked... a few more have wondered... where have i been? with this post i am not looking for a pity party i just need to get some things out and maybe i will feel a little better.
Most of you know i moved back in june to be with Gabe. that in itsself didnt go quite as smoothly as it should have. the good... I picked up LostAndFound on the way down and She is a wonderful person just as i figured she would be. We also picked up drdj and she is nice as well. From there things went down hill. the moving or should i say shipping CO i used didnt get my stuff here on time... what was supposed to be here the day i got here didnt get here till 5 days later, and by then my help had gone home. so we used Gabe's little sister and Dad to get the stuff into out apartment. and in the process of moving i twisted my ankle... yup of course i did. ER visit number one for me. we got through the rest of june and july and aug with out any farther visits to the ER on my part.
then comes Sept. yup back to the ER for me... this time for my back. now i have had different problems with my back for years but this was beyond bad. i was crying and almost unable to move. and no i have no idea what happened. so had x-rays and nothing showed up... go figure. dr says deep muscle spasms. take some pills do some exercises and you'll be good. ok go home do what i have been told... should all be good right???
Nope by the end of the month its still hurting like mad. back to er in oct. more x-rays. still no obvious problem. send me to another dr. this dr gives me a shot of steroids and major pain pills and a muscle relaxer come back in a month. ok so now i am tired of the run around so i get in with a good dr for the end of the month.
See new dr. he says lets run some blood tests, see you in 2 weeks. go back to hospital to get blood work... feel like a pin cushion. lalala
day before blood work... a sunday of course... get really dizzy feel really faint... pass out for 2 hours and scare the Hell outta Gabe... monday do blood work.... tuesday work butt off at work... wednesday feel really crappy again adding in a racing heart... about 120 beats resting... find myself back in er... good grief they are gonna know my name here soon... have DR order more blood work... gee now i look like a pin cushion too... damn nurse didnt listen to me and tried to take it from the wrong arm... least she didnt hit the tendon... have i mentioned i HATE needles??? get and EKG and cat scan... dr says stress and anxiety.
See my dr 5 days later. he says bullshit at this point gabe and i just laugh at him. he says need more tests. oh joy! so now i got for an MRI and a halter monitor... now i feel like a lab animal..used as a pin cushion cause i think there was more blood work here somewhere too.
now were are somewhere into November... nothing shows up on any of these tests. i am still in great pain for my back on top of being tired most of the time and dizzy too! go back to see my dr. he says he still doesnt know what's wrong i am sending you to the neurologist. oh boy another dr!
the neurologist sends me for an EEG. back to the hospital up to the 6th floor again. went there for my halter monitor. get an old bat for my test. she doesnt even really know how to use the computer that the test runs on... i should have know i would be in trouble then but i was so tired and hurt so bad i just wanted in and out... did i mention that i was starting week 2 of what ended up being a 3 week migraine? so old bat puts the cap on my head and to get connection basically rubs 4 spots raw on my head... i was bleeding when the cap came off after the test. i should have complained but again i hurt and was tired i just wanted to go back to bed. leave hospitial for hopefully the last time this year, cause by now we are through december and into Jan. get results from EEG my problems aren't seizures. but apparently way waaaay back there when i passed out it seems that i had a stroke... yup that's right a stroke at my age (33)... yay oh yay!!
in the mean time i get the results back from the 3rd and final lab work that is done, and the pain in my back??? RA oh yes ladies Star has rheumatoid arthritis and its in my lower back, probably my knee and i am sure eventually in my right shoulder that i dislocated some time ago and have hurt a few times since then.
so now i get to go see another DR who will probably tell me that with in the next 10 yrs my a$$ will be in a wheelchair, cause somedays i already have problems walking, and i will be taking meds for the rest of my lovely life just to keep the pain under control, and the swelling down. right now i get swollen from my left shoulder blade down my back and on bad days down my leg.
what about surgery on it you ask?? ummm heck NO... know how often they mess that up??? i would like to keep walking for as long as i can thank you very much!!
So that's the short story (yeah i know long as it is) of why Star has been absent from the boards and chat as of late.
Thanks for letting me rant
Arrow The Missing Wishing Star
But I’m missing way too much
So when do I give up, what I’ve been wishing for.

Down - Jason Woods

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:09 am 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

OK Starry one, I know you don't want people telling you how sorry they are but...............damn girl, you really have had a tough time of it and I am truly sad you have been thru, and sre still going thru, such an ordeal.

I can't help in any way but say that if you need a friendly ear to yell, or scream or cry into, I'm not far away.

Sad HugZ, Noni Sad

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:19 am 
wishonastar

Thanks Noni
hugs are always welcome.
i really just needed to get all that out and at the same time let people know why i have been MIA lol
huge hugs back
Star

Down - Jason Woods

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:05 pm 
MdmPrez

star

OMG Star, this is awful!!! The stroke part just shocked the heck out of me too, 33 yrs old. Like Noni, I stand or sit here waiting to be used, lol. If you need an ear or two, please let me know.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((( star ))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:59 pm 
melons
Site Admin

(((((((((star)))))))))

I can't imagine what you must have gone through nor how scared you must be feeling following your stroke but I truly wish you well and if ever you see me in chat and want to talk then just shout out.....

luv'n'hugs,

Mel

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:48 pm 
Angel1
Moderators

(((((((((((Star)))))))))))
So sorry to hear of this sad news((((hugs))))) i can imagine that it must be very difficult for you having to come to terms with everything that has been thrown at you. Sad
I know just how painful and debilitating *Arthritis* can be as i have it in my whole body coupled with , *Osteoporosis* and so many other health problems. Sad

Thinking of you and sending you an abundance of positive energies.I pray that with treatment your pain will begin to ease a little.

with love
((((hugs)))))
Angel x x

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:02 am 
wishonastar

)))))))))))))))))))Cat(((((((((((((((((((((((
thank you for your well wishes
and yes i know how to find you if i wish to use you Laughing
since i am gonna be sitting home doing nothing for a bit you will probably see me in chat more often.

huge squishy hugs
Star

Down - Jason Woods

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:01 am 
wishonastar

((((((((((((((((Mel)))))))))))))))))
Thank you! i am getting less scared since the neurologist has turned me loose. till i got into see him i was lots and lots of scared. Shocked i was thinking that i would need surgery or if it was seizures i would have my drivers rights taken away and that would have sucked. so now i just need to worry about the RA and perhaps lupis as that is in the family as well. oh well all i can do is take it one day at a time and one pill at a time Wink

lots of hugs
Star

Down - Jason Woods

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:09 am 
wishonastar

(((((((((((((((((Angel))))))))))))))
thank you for the positive thoughts little winged one.
the meds i am on so far help very little. but the do let me sleep. that is really the only time i use them right now as i worry about becoming addicted. hopefully when i see the rhumotoligist i well get meds that help more. right now i just have a pain killer and a muscle relaxer. i def need an anti-inflammatory as well. Gabe says she can see the swelling in my back most days. Too bad insurance wont cover a change of cars. having a manual trans just doesnt cut it anymore. but money is tight so getting an auto is gonna take a bit. shrugs not much can be done tho but to wait.

huge hugs and positive thoughts for you too
Star

Down - Jason Woods

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:17 am 
twilight

Hugs (soft and gentle as tinker's wings) Hope things are more manageable soon. Lean on Gabe. Told him I said to!!

The lengthening shadows wait The first pale stars of twilight. ~~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
wishonastar

(((((((((((((TWI))))))))))))))))))
thank you hon.
Gabe has been taking good care of me not to worry
huge hugs to you
Star

Down - Jason Woods

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:01 am 

Thinking of you, Star. And hope you are doing better. "J"

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:08 pm 
wishonastar

thanks J

Down - Jason Woods

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:55 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: