BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

A different coming out

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Kelszoe

A different coming out

Alright, so this isn't all about my "coming out" of becoming a lesbian, but I really couldn't find a place that fit my feelings, and in a way, this was a "coming out" of forms.

After Bridget; my girlfriend; and I met, I finally found a place in life where everything fit, life made complete sense, and I had found someone in my life that I felt I could truly hold to my heart for life. I found someone who I could be completely honest with and they would listen to my every word, and be completely honest in return. I finally had found someone I truly loved, and yet everyday, I felt I was hindering our relationship by not being completely truthful... there was a part of me I wish I could just forget about, and in a sense, I did, but at the same time, I couldn't imagine Bridget hearing it from anyone else, and I knew she maybe absolutely crushed coming from anyone but me... and so, after being together for seven months, I finally gained enough courage to bring forth my past with her.

Which brings me to my current situation. I know what I did was for the best, but I hope I made the right decision. Her reaction to my past, and to the fact that I was post-op, was a state of shock, but overall, she seemingly took it very well, all things considered, and the fact that I had just thrown a new part of my life into our relationship. Her reaction overall was that she was still very much in love with me, but she just really needed some time alone to think things out. I am still very much in love with her, and am willing to give her all the time she needs... I just hope that it all works out..

And even if it does not, I would much rather that she be happy, even if that means that she is no longer with me.

I truly love her, and I am currently hoping for the best.

- Kelszoe

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:42 am 
Eilidh
Moderators

(((((((Kelszoe))))))),

You did the right thing by being honest with your girlfriend. Give her some time to sort things out and adjust to the information you gave her. She may have questions, she may not. She did say that she still love you, after all.

I wish you both all the best. Please keep us posted on your situation. I'll be thinking of you.

~Eilidh

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:54 am 
realwoman

(((((((((((((KELZOE))))))))))))

Firstly, thanks for posting your story, it is as much about coming out, as coming out as a lesbian is...

Secondly, I want to congratulate you and hug you... i think you are very very brave and courageous. Telling her could not have been easy, but you did it, and that shows your strength of character, and the beauty of the person, the human being, inside of you.

After all, we are all just human beings, irrespective how we were born or raised, that is in the past, what matters is how 'human' a 'being' we became and are today... For me, being lesbian means simply that... I am attracted to and fell in love with and am loving a human being who happens to be of the same sex as I am, and I love her for so much more than just the sex she was born with ... I love her for her mind, her kind heart, her values and integrity, her subtleness, her... ok, sorry ... getting distracted Wink

Anyways, I will hope with you that it all works out fine for you, and that Bridget is just in a state of shock. I sincerely hope she realises that it is not about your past, but about your present, which you want to share with her, and that you are now who you were meant to be, and that she appreciates the long road you had to walk to become on the outside who you are on the inside. And even if she does not come over her shock, I want you to know that that just means that she was not the right one for you. But I think she will, because I think she will realise the beauty of the human being inside of you ~smiles

Warm hugs, and all the best (and yes keep us updated!)

~real

OH, and PS: you may find some insight on this topic here, as well: http://www.melswebs.com/generalboards/viewtopic.php?p=36424

light is to darkness as love is to fear...

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:22 pm 
Eiregirl

Hugs Kels tight.

I wish you the very best and I hope things go your way Smile

Eiregirl Arrow

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: