BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Articles & Essays

Freezing My Eggs

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Mdm Prez

Freezing My Eggs

While at my gynecologist today, at the conclusion of my visit he asked if I
had thought about freezing my eggs. Certainly I thought about it in a non-serious sense. But to have that question put to me in a 'professional' context made me pause.

What are your thoughts?

Cat

Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:00 pm 
fortheloveofagood...
Site Admin

I have no moral object to freezing eggs or any notions concerning a "natural" way to concieve.

But if i was asked it would bring my uncertainty about whether i want to be a mother to the forefront of my mind.

Maybe i just like the idea of time running out and getting to a point where i can say, "oh well, it's too late now." But someone says i can freeze your eggs, i'd be like, damn, that opens it all up...

so my question is do you want to be a mum? Or do you know you definetely don't want to be a mum?

Kx

'don't hate your enemies, it clouds your judgement'

~peace comes from knowing only love is real~

Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:25 pm 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

I happened upon this topic by chance (dont usually have time to do more than read the General and Poetry sections) and I've been thinking about it for a day or so. Already being a Mother may give me a slightly different viewpoint to those who aren't but here is my 2c worth anyhow.

I feel if a woman is unsure of whether in time she may wish to have a child, and if she is prepared to undergo the treatment required to harvest her eggs (it's not a walk in the park) and can afford it, then she should go ahead. Freezing eggs is a totally different concept to deliberately creating more embyos than required, then freezing them for possible later use - or possible destruction - a whole other topic.

How many times does our life's course take a twist or turn that we simply would never have imagined to be a possibility? How many times do we find ourselves in the middle of some life event that a year or two ago we .would have said (and meant it) "never ever"!

You just never know do you?

Noni

Post Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:43 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: