BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Articles & Essays

If terrorists target our children

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Eiregirl

If terrorists target our children

I had lunch with some friends today and as usual we talked about different things. One of my friends brought up something she had heard about how terrorists would most likely make their next targets…schools.

It is very clear, at least to me, that from other bombings in Israel, Iraq and other parts of the world as well as historically…terrorists do not care who they kill as long as they get their way.

The train bombing in Spain caused Spain to pull its troops out of Iraq and gave the terrorists what they wanted…to weaken the forces in Iraq. That is what they have been trying to do in London with the attempted bombings there. That is what the riots in France were about. These people are not stupid by any means. They know what they want and desire and will do anything to get it.

During our discussion the question was brought up as to what we would think and what we would expect our government to do if something like this happened.

Many different viewpoints were expressed and someone who was eavesdropping even put in their two cents worth by saying it would be our own fault if it did happen because we should have never attacked Al Qaeda to begin with. He was politely told that Al Qaeda attacked us first and he was asked to either back up his statement or mind his own business. He did not say anything else.

My question is…if Al Qaeda or any other terrorists were to bomb a school or any other place and children were killed by a terrorists act…what would you think…how would you want your country and fellow citizens to respond?

What if it was one of your children that died in the attack?

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:02 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
trusting fool

Eire,
I've been staring at this post, rereading it, pondering, and honestly....I'd be enraged. Mainly for the reason that any innocent human life lost, is tragic, wether it be woman, child, or man. I would hope that we would hunt the cowards that did it down, and punish them for all the world to see. I for one refuse to live in fear, because that is what they truly want. I couldn't imagine the loss of a child, the devestation, the hurt, is beyond my comprehension.

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:45 pm 
bbmaniac

I can see Raven rolling her eyes at me when she sees I'm responding to this one, lol, but I have a few rather strong convictions where this topic is concerned.

First and foremost, anyone who attacks us...our children especially...should be hunted down and...well...you fill in the blank as to what their punishment should be.

As for the country's current involvement in Iraq, I think we were duped as a nation by a President who wanted a war and gave us the facts (and I use that term extremely loosely) to convince us it was the right thing to do. But here's the big question...where is Osama Bin Laden? If you said hiding somewhere in the mountains of Pakistan, you're absolutely right. Even the current administration admits to that. Honestly, I believe Al Qaeda was brought to Iraq because of the basic stubborness of this administration.

Now, to sum all that up...there's no doubt that we should vigorously hunt down anyone cowardly enough to kill our children. The key is that we need to hunt in the right place rather than to follow the lead of someone with an obvious agenda. Al Qaeda will continue to attack our allies (as in Spain, Eire mentioned) as long as we continue to fight the wrong war. In other words...chop the head off the Al Qaeda chicken and the problem won't be as much of a worry. There will always be groups who will target the US...the goal should be to deal with those groups swiftly and effectively, taking out those responsible and making it clear that the US won't stand for it.

Until we have an administration that is willing to do that, the threat of attacks against us and our allies worldwide will remain a very real one, unfortunately.

Sonnet 109 - Shakespeare

'I'm just your ordinary, everyday sane-psycho...supergoddess' Liz Phair

--------------------------------------

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:39 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
RainDrop

Re: If terrorists target our children

quote:
Originally posted by Eiregirl:

What if it was one of your children that died in the attack?

Miss Eire, in great and deep pain I tell you, I know what it is like!!. It wasn't one of my children-I don't have children-but beloved one/s and close relative/s.

I admit I have been sat infront of my screen for a while now, hesistating to post. ( I fear my comment would be somehow non-objective. This topic touches me deeply, I can really relate to it. And in such cases, it is sometimes hard to differentiate between anger and grudge, between discust and hatred.) So, I will allow myself to only say this :

Answering your above question, and with past experience I say, First, One has to deal with their emotions before anything else, because it could really destroy you. "forgiveness" is never weakness or a surrender. It is the first step to reply back in a healthy way. Secondly and as you said, we should not surrender to our fear ( refering to the example you mention about Spain ) it will only give them what they want.

I am doing my best not to talk politics as I reply, but it is hard to do so when one discusses this topic. So let me just say that I think "education" could be a form of deadly strike to them. They come from an evil, degenerated civilization-their own limited civilization. I canNOT grasp, no matter how much I try, how can a "human being" kill/bomb children-this is the least to say.
I don't think we can completely get rid of them by punishing and hunting the groups who do the attacks. More will pop up in the future. We also should hit their base, their foundation, their seeds, their future.

"They" attack our children, so we attack "theirs". Not by bombs but by "education".
Educating every bit of the societies-educating them morally and mentally, and spreading civilization all over the world would be a good start to fight back, to destroy "their" foundations which teach "their" new generations "their" sick culture and to clean the world from such impurities. Goverments should check their sub-societies-there are "specific" sub-societies that have private schools that have "their" own system, teaching "their" new generations a certain culture, planting seeds of terrorism in their mentality.

I know a friend-a friend of the family-who is from Belgium, he had serious health problems because of his son. One day his son came in, and told him he had joined a certain party of people, he explained to him what they do and that he is a member now. Everything about him was changed, including his style of clothes..and what he eats...and above all his mentality... He did everything he could to bring him back to common sense but all was invain, it is like he was brainwashed...Later on, he found out that his son had been attending meetings held by "certain" people and inwhich "certain" topics are discussed.

To sum it all up,

Why do they attack? I believe it all lies within the answer of this question.

P.s. I really apologise if my reply has offended anyone.

RainDrop

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:25 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: