BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Articles & Essays

Commencement speech
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Azraelle

Eiregirl,

I apologize for being hasty with my reply, as I forgot to mention I would be reading the other responses when I find time for it. I don't usually like to rush into a conversation without knowing everything that's going on, but I always find the constant tug of war between religion and politics to be a topic of interest.

There are some other things I would like to say, but before I do I think I'll go back and read what everyone else has said. Hopefully I'll have time to do so after class tonight.

Post Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:37 am 
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by Azraelle:
Eiregirl,

I apologize for being hasty with my reply, as I forgot to mention I would be reading the other responses when I find time for it. I don't usually like to rush into a conversation without knowing everything that's going on, but I always find the constant tug of war between religion and politics to be a topic of interest.

There are some other things I would like to say, but before I do I think I'll go back and read what everyone else has said. Hopefully I'll have time to do so after class tonight.

Azraelle,

There is absolutely no need to Apologize and you were not hasty at all. You stated your initial thoughts and opinion and there is nothing wrong with that at all. The only reason I mentioned reading the other replies was for your own benefit and so that you could have a good idea what others opinions and thoughts have been so that you could make some additional inquiries, comments or whatever. If you wish to do so Smile

I enjoy discussing religion and politics...some people though just can't deal with talking about politics and religion...I just think that is sad Sad

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Last edited by Eiregirl on Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:04 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Azraelle

It is quite sad, considering religion and politics, despite how much we'd like to ignore them, control our lives a great deal. And when *we* don't talk about them, someone else does, then you find yourself stressed and unhappy when things don't turn out the way you expected.

Post Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:20 am 
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by Azraelle:
It is quite sad, considering religion and politics, despite how much we'd like to ignore them, control our lives a great deal. And when *we* don't talk about them, someone else does, then you find yourself stressed and unhappy when things don't turn out the way you expected.

Many people are very passionate about their opinions involving religion and their political views and hold strong to their beliefs and opinions involving those subjects and it does not matter to them whether they are right or wrong. That can be tricky with religion because there is no "wrong" religion. A religious belief is only wrong from the viewpoint of someone with a different belief. On the other hand there are wrong political views. For example a person votes for a candidate simply because they belong to a certain political party while they believe the other candidate had some wonderful ideas and views and would better represent them than the person they voted for but did not and would not vote for them because they were of a different political party. To me that is simply wrong no matter how you look at it and the sad thing is there are millions of people who vote like that every time they vote then they complain about what the person they elected does.

Eiregirl Arrow

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Eiregirl

I thought I would do some checking and see if anything has happened regarding the lawsuit that was filed against the Clark County School District.

On June 18, 2007, the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada rejected the Clark County School District’s second attempt to have the case dismissed. The lawsuit will go forward. While freedom of speech is constantly under attack there are those who will fight for your rights and do not ever think we will stand by while someone tries to take away your freedoms.

Eiregirl Arrow

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:42 am 
Mdm Prez

Eire

Thanks for the update, Eire. Good to know.

Cat

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:53 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: