BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Articles & Essays

The debate

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Landie

The debate

So I just got home from church. As I'm waiting for my mother, bless her, to finish chatting I pick up the church newspaper and the topic of debate is: Homosexuality: A choice or a genetic predisposition?
It got me thinking... The church says everyone has a choice, I for one know for a fact that sometimes we don't. There are things about yourself that you just can't change or deny. If you deny it, which many people are doing, you are just lying to yourself and ultimately to God. I'm not saying that it's a genetic thing and there are many factors that contribute towards someone becoming gay. But once you know this about yourself you can't forget it or just ignore it. It's like a wound that has left a very prominent scar.
Anyway happy mother's day to all the mommies out there!!! Respect to you all.
Neutral

Post Sun May 13, 2007 9:23 am 
Cavewoman

I never considered my overwhelming predisposition of being lesbian a wound...................... i almost always looked upon it as the way i am... period. Yes, i went through the late teen/early 20s turmoil of understanding and accepting myself, but that was only because the world in my day had little to offer in the way of support; and as always, much to offer in the way of "disgust/non-accetance" ...... but i found me and my way and love myself as i always have... as me.... as the creator of life created me...

as to your last sentiment... ok! Happy Mother's Day!
afterall, where would we be without them? (not born for starters)

last comment = the debate is within yourself.... settle it and there is no longer a debate

Post Sun May 13, 2007 9:43 am 
Dark prism

There is a thread in the Intellectual Debate section that is about this subect, it is called "Do we have a choice re: our sexuality" by Flapdoodle Fox. You might want to check it out.

I would have to agree with Cave, and say that I don't see it as a wound either. I believe it is just how I was born, and there is nothing wrong with it. I also very adamantly disagree with it being a choice, at least for me. I have no issues with God over this either. He/She didn't make a mistake and neither did I. I believe God is love, and being a lesbian is about loving women, so see, no issues. Smile

Dp

Post Sun May 13, 2007 10:37 am 
Landie

the debate within

thanks for your advice.
I must say that I'm still young and battling with this. As a Christian girl I grew up in a stict home with rules about what's wrong and what's right. I also agree that God is love and our greatest purpose to love others. The fact that I love woman, one in particular, I can't deny.
But it has caused great confusion and loneliness.
I wish I could show the girl that I love so much that I love her. That is where the pain comes in.

Post Sun May 13, 2007 10:54 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: