BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

Is it too late at 40?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
blewmeaway

Who ever said that if you come out late you find the love of your life instantly? Unless the reason is because she is with somebody she truly loves and then decides to come out. Then, yes, under those circumstances what you say is true.

But, c'mon, get real!

I have yet to meet that special person. Maybe the reason a late bloomer can be 'more or less successful' in finding a mate is because she brings more life experiences and maturity to a relationship. She (I might be generalizing here) knows what she wants and will not settle for any crappy and/or excessively dramatic relationship. Life is too short for that.

Of course, there are those that try beyond what ought to be tried because of fear that if they're too picky they'll miss 'her' completely. And, tick tock, the clock keeps ticking. But that has to do more with an excessive baggage of insecurities carried for a long time. And to be clear, I am not saying that one should not work with getting the relationship to work. But, I think I'm getting off the subject here. lol

Well, that's my opinion anyways... Smile

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:39 pm 
topaz117

Well, I will have to chime in here...since I am now 41, LOL. I was almost 38 when I finally chose to open my eyes, stop lying to myself, and face the truth...that I wanted to love, and be loved by, a woman! It took a soap opera storyline to make me stop running, and (although I wasn't even looking, not yet) through a message board for that tv show, I met the love of my life. We've been together for three years now, and are our love has only grown deeper. We've had our obstacles to face along the way, but they've only strengthened us. Sometimes we muse and say we wish we were younger so we would have had more time together, but then we laugh, and say that maybe we weren't ready to meet until we did. You have nothing to worry about...just place the same criteria for meeting that special woman that you would have for any partner in life, and don't stress. I wasn't even looking...I was just SO glad to FINALLY be ME, and to have other ladies to talk to who understood. Congratulations for choosing to be YOU, no matter what the age!

Topaz

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:22 pm 
Love Is

quote:
Originally posted by Tas_Passion_Godess:
YOUR JUST FORTY and your worrying? Its us younger ones that have to worry, we go through girl after girl meeting on heart ache and break, we think we have met our soulmate when we havent then more pain. But you late bloomer come out and as soon as you come out find the love of your life, life is so unfair, i should have waited, but then i would have the fun that i am having now. Hang in there!! You might even meet her here at mel!!!!

Hi Tas. Thank you for the encouragement.

Getting hurt and experiencing pain in a relationship is truly unfortunate, especially if one was hoping that the other person would be her soulmate for life. But if one survives the hurt intact, I really think that the experience, no matter how painful, makes one not only a strong person but also a better person. I mean, the experience of intensely loving another, by itself, should count for something, even a lot. If the relationship doesn't work out, then one is still blessed to have the ability to love. And, I think, in that sense you are lucky to have had those relationships at a young age. And, like you said, you've had fun along the way. I bet loads of fun! Twisted Evil

I'll have to agree with blewmeaway that coming out at a later age is no guarantee that one would find her soulmate. Doesn't work that way I don't think. Wink But you knew that.

Stepping off my soapbox now.

Last edited by Love Is on Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:37 pm 
Love Is

quote:
Originally posted by blewmeaway:
Look at it this way:
You are a professional with a successful career;
You know what you want out of life;
You have attained 40 yrs of experience and maturity;

Let yourself loose woman!

I'm 36 and came out recently. No inhibitions, nothing holding me back. Although I have yet to meet "the one", the ride has been amazing. I'm glad I blossomed late b/c of what I can bring to the table now.

Thank you for pointing out these things, blewmeaway (BMW, how about that?!). Sometimes we need to be reminded of what is evident... Smile

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:45 pm 
Love Is

quote:
Originally posted by topaz117:
You have nothing to worry about...just place the same criteria for meeting that special woman that you would have for any partner in life, and don't stress. I wasn't even looking...I was just SO glad to FINALLY be ME, and to have other ladies to talk to who understood. Congratulations for choosing to be YOU, no matter what the age!

Thanks Topaz! It does feel good to be coming to terms with this. And congratulations to you, too! I'm happy for ya!

Smile

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:55 pm 
blewmeaway

Anytime!

Cool

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:58 pm 
Tas_Passion_Godess

Maybe i did maybe i didn't, which ever it is just know that it is not too late

Life is not the amount of breath you take. It is the moments that take your breath away.

Post Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:45 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Love Is

quote:
Originally posted by Tas_Passion_Godess:
Maybe i did maybe i didn't, which ever it is just know that it is not too late

Okay, I can do that Tas.

Hugs.

Post Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:06 am 
Tas_Passion_Godess

Good!!

Hugs

Life is not the amount of breath you take. It is the moments that take your breath away.

Post Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:33 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Flame

It doesn't matter how old you are, if it's true love it won't matter. My grandma is 64 and she just started dating again...weird though to see her going out to parties and such. She's cool and all, I don't look to her as my 64 year old grandma, instead she's a family member. Age doesn't matter, why should it? Love is love, doesn't matter if your in your 80s, as long as you got the courage and moves to get a date, go for it.

Post Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:12 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: